Singapore Expats

Who offers the best Prepaid calling card service?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
gregaus

Post by gregaus » Tue, 01 May 2007 6:41 pm

Which service provider offers the best-prepaid calling card service?
Compare:
· Minutes - (most minutes / cheapest per/min rate)
· Phones - (most phone choices, best quality)
· Coverage - (national and regional)
· Features (nights and weekends)
· Service - (refill options/locations)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

You have been warned......

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 May 2007 9:28 pm

You have made only three posts all asking virtually the same thing. Please refrain from spamming the threads.

Just to let you know, I am watching so if you miraculously find "The Best Phone Card" I will not only delete all posts but lock the account as well.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

joe97ti

Post by joe97ti » Wed, 02 May 2007 4:18 pm

It depends on where you live and what kind of service you need. I found a good long distance call services at SPAMMER WEBSITE They claim to have lowest Domestic and International Phone Rates.

audiojunky
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Who offers the best Prepaid calling card service?

Post by audiojunky » Wed, 02 May 2007 4:56 pm

joe97ti wrote:It depends on where you live and what kind of service you need. I found a good long distance call services at SPAMMER WEBSITE They claim to have lowest Domestic and International Phone Rates.
I saw this company on another post on this forum - this is only for calls from the US. I don't see an option to call from Singapore - am I missing something or is this a ploy to get people to visit that website???

muratkorman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by muratkorman » Wed, 02 May 2007 5:09 pm

Considering the question and the reply comes from newbies with 3 and 2 posts, it may be another way of spamming. But already SMS has warned the originator so let's wait and see :P
With my kind regards

Murat Korman

audiojunky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by audiojunky » Wed, 02 May 2007 5:50 pm

muratkorman wrote:Considering the question and the reply comes from newbies with 3 and 2 posts, it may be another way of spamming. But already SMS has warned the originator so let's wait and see :P
Murat - I agree with you. This looks way too suspicious :x

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 May 2007 3:41 pm

An update on our prepaid spammers. It would seem that both are partners in crime an I have blocked both accounts as they are both posting from the same IP address in India. My suspicions were correct. It's only a matter of time usually before they show their hand.

:wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

audiojunky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by audiojunky » Fri, 04 May 2007 5:07 pm

SMS - I had the same problem with my website (www.distantdream.com). I had a feedback area and spammers would keep spamming all kinds of junk. I would block IP addresses but they would use another. In the end I had to disable the feedback section all together :cry:

Most of these spammers were from Netherlands (based on their IP address) though.

What's the solution to this madness?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 May 2007 9:52 pm

You won't like the answer..............

snail mail! :lol:

Your NL spammers were probably your next door neighbours using an anonymous proxy as is widely used now days.

batti

Who Offers the best Prepaid Calling Card Service?

Post by batti » Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:37 am

I tried iMax prepaid card to call my family in my home town and it's quite ok
Why dont u try
www.imax.sg
:D

Richard Gere

purchase prepaid phone

Post by Richard Gere » Sat, 23 Feb 2013 7:17 am

I am looking for an online site to purchase prepaid phone cards that can call from japan and jordan to the US at a reasonable rate. I am also wondering if there is any difference between the different phone cards and calling cards in terms of quality or are they just all the same. Any information on this would be helpful

RonnieT

Post by RonnieT » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 6:15 pm

I see that the majority of posts here are spam, except for the odd post from a member and moderator.

Looks like I was fooled by the orig poster, but does anyone actually have suggestions on which company in SG has the most versatile and competitive rates for prepaid? By versatile, I mean it can do local calling, LD calling, and some data too even. I know post-paid would be best for heavy users but I am not a big time user of data.

Also, would any of the prepaid allow for occasional roaming if I am traveling out of SG?

Thanks everyone in advance!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 6:27 pm

RonnieT wrote:I see that the majority of posts here are spam, except for the odd post from a member and moderator.

Looks like I was fooled by the orig poster, but does anyone actually have suggestions on which company in SG has the most versatile and competitive rates for prepaid? By versatile, I mean it can do local calling, LD calling, and some data too even. I know post-paid would be best for heavy users but I am not a big time user of data.

Also, would any of the prepaid allow for occasional roaming if I am traveling out of SG?

Thanks everyone in advance!
Have been asked and answered before. Short story: compare SingTel vs Starhub's offerings.

You can use the search function on the upper left of the webpage.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

RonnieT

Post by RonnieT » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:05 pm

Will do. Thanks very much nakatago!