Singapore Expats

Should I apply for Landed PR?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
awesomearpit
Regular
Regular

Should I apply for Landed PR?

Post by awesomearpit » Sat, 30 Jun 2007 7:24 pm

Hey guys,
after reading about how hard it is to get a job as a foreginer and checking out quite a few job postings that mention specifically that you ened to be a citizen /PR..
i was wondering whether it makes sense for me to apply for Landed Permanent Residence.

I have a bachelors degree in Computer Science and Economics from the University of Toronto in Canada and good internship experience, but no fulltime work experience.

What are my chances.. and how long does the process really take?
thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Jun 2007 9:29 pm

Please check here for further details.

This is not a recommendation but a place for you to start. They are one the biggest organizations doing LPR scheme for the government (they may be the only one). I've heard it can cost several thousand dollars to get an LPR but again, I do not know. Let us know after your research. :wink:

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Kinjal

Landed PR

Post by Kinjal » Sat, 04 Aug 2007 6:24 pm

I applied for landed PR, came to Singapore and got a job. I have applied for my PR and have been advised its approved. As for the money it costs abt 1500SGD if you have work experience and abt 700 SGD if you are a fresher.

As far as I know they are the only organisation through whom you can apply for LPR. I reckon its easier than an EP coz you get PR soon enuf. But I am not sure of the criteria by which they judge whtehr to approve it or not, since it is a case by case thingie!

Goodluck!
Cheers,
Kinjal

nananxyz

Re: Landed PR

Post by nananxyz » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 4:59 pm

Kinjal wrote:I applied for landed PR, came to Singapore and got a job. I have applied for my PR and have been advised its approved. As for the money it costs abt 1500SGD if you have work experience and abt 700 SGD if you are a fresher.

As far as I know they are the only organisation through whom you can apply for LPR. I reckon its easier than an EP coz you get PR soon enuf. But I am not sure of the criteria by which they judge whtehr to approve it or not, since it is a case by case thingie!

Goodluck!
Hi Kinjal.

Hope you have got the Job now in singapore and enjoying life there. My name is Narayanan and i am an Indian, please tell me how do one apply for LPR. What is the eligibility

Thanking you

Kinjal

Post by Kinjal » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 5:07 pm

Hi Narayanan,

Yes I did get a job and now have also got my PR. Im not quite sure of the egibility to do so, like I said earlier, they do it on a case by case basis. But I'm assuming of you have a special skill set or like you're in IT or somehitng it maybe be easier. But dont quote me on it. I'm not too sure. I was told that because I happen to have an Australian degree, it may have been easier for me. Im not too sure, but you can call them and ask.
Cheers,
Kinjal

nananxyz

Post by nananxyz » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 5:22 pm

Kinjal wrote:Hi Narayanan,

Yes I did get a job and now have also got my PR. Im not quite sure of the egibility to do so, like I said earlier, they do it on a case by case basis. But I'm assuming of you have a special skill set or like you're in IT or somehitng it maybe be easier. But dont quote me on it. I'm not too sure. I was told that because I happen to have an Australian degree, it may have been easier for me. Im not too sure, but you can call them and ask.
Hi Kinjal,

Quite surprising that i got the reply instantly, i am a MBA graduate and have also gained M.Sc marketing degree from UK, i am currently lecturing at a UK based Institution in Chennai, India and wish to do lecturing there too. Who did you approach for LPR and how long did you wait to hear the decision.

Friendly,
Narayanan

Kinjal

Post by Kinjal » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 5:25 pm

Wow! Thats a lot of qualifications!! Anyways, you can approach someone at http://www.smcmc.com/immigration/immigration.html (I'm sure you have checked this site). They say it would take abt 4-6 months for the reply, but my friends and me recieved it within a couple of months.
Cheers,
Kinjal

nananxyz

Post by nananxyz » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 5:37 pm

Kinjal wrote:Wow! Thats a lot of qualifications!! Anyways, you can approach someone at http://www.smcmc.com/immigration/immigration.html (I'm sure you have checked this site). They say it would take abt 4-6 months for the reply, but my friends and me recieved it within a couple of months.

Hi Kinjal,

Thank you very much indeed

Friendly
Narayanan

nananxyz

Post by nananxyz » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 6:20 pm

Kinjal wrote:Wow! Thats a lot of qualifications!! Anyways, you can approach someone at http://www.smcmc.com/immigration/immigration.html (I'm sure you have checked this site). They say it would take abt 4-6 months for the reply, but my friends and me recieved it within a couple of months.
Hi Kinjal,

Where are you from to Singapore? Did you have work experience prior to LPR, what did you complete earlier in australia. what is life like in Singapore now

Friendly
Narayanan

alchemistoro

Post by alchemistoro » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:29 pm

Hi Kinjal,
may i know how long SMC take to process your landed PR?
how long you wait for approved after submit application ?

many thanks !!

Kinjal

Post by Kinjal » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:38 pm

I already replied in my earlier post regardng the In-principal approval for PR "They say it would take abt 4-6 months for the reply, but my friends and me recieved it within a couple of months.". After that I came to Singapore, got a job and got my PR within a month's time!!
Cheers,
Kinjal

nananxyz

Post by nananxyz » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:50 am

alchemistoro wrote:Hi Kinjal,
may i know how long SMC take to process your landed PR?
how long you wait for approved after submit application ?

many thanks !!

Hi Alchemistro,

I am from chennai, India. Where are you from? What is your profile ? Is that you are fancying to get Singapore PR as well

Cheers,
Narayanan

atulupare

Post by atulupare » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:40 pm

its better to check the rental prices in singapore b4 thinking of coming here.. currently th rents are at all time high now and unless u have a decent salary you will find singapore very expensive!!!

nananxyz

Post by nananxyz » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 1:11 pm

atulupare wrote:its better to check the rental prices in singapore b4 thinking of coming here.. currently th rents are at all time high now and unless u have a decent salary you will find singapore very expensive!!!
Hi atulupare,

Can you tell me how much would a flat cost for a family of three, Husband, wife and a Kid in singapore.

What about the SHIFT Accomodation for Foreign Talent

What are you there? Are you singaporean by birth or have you got PR recently.

Cheers
Narayanan

apurva

LPR info

Post by apurva » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:23 am

Hi KINJAL,
Me and My Wife are plannning to apply for LPR. From what you said you got your LPR in 2 months..did u apply for it from India? also as u mentioned ur frens too got it within a couple of months..did they also have an australian degree?(and hence they easily got the lpr?)...do let me know... i have done my engg and mba from India itself...is it easy to get a job there once u have an lpr..and which field..? what kind of a job are u doin?
awaiting ur reply.