Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
i's

taiwanese/chinese forums

Post by i's » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:56 pm

Hi everyone,
how are you all doing, in terms of healing?

This forum is mainly about rhinoplasty, but i was wondering if any of you knew of some chinese/tawianese forums that talk about double eyelid surgery? or some other forums that talk about double eyelid surgery?

Any help would be much appreciated,

thank you
i's :)

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Dean Toriumi And Computer Imaging

Post by WAsadeha » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 2:45 am

Hey guys came across this guy who appears to be a nose guru as well.

He also practises Costal cartilage and is a firm believer on it.

Jus wondering is he better or Dr Jung... read up that his top 5 in the world in nose. who are the rest?

Any idea of the cost as well ?

Also, he provides Computer imaging to show patients the virtual final result.!!!!!!///

Does anyone know which other clinic provide this?... This is extremely useful for both patients and Doctors as to what the desired result would be.

mbk
Regular
Regular

Re: hi

Post by mbk » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 7:53 am

Dr. Dean T. is very good at rebuilding noses but his noses in general have a very high radix. Having seen the before and after pictures, I am leaning towards Dr. Davis from Florida. I'd love him to work on me.

babyk

Re: Dean Toriumi And Computer Imaging

Post by babyk » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:08 pm

WAsadeha wrote:Hey guys came across this guy who appears to be a nose guru as well.

Jus wondering is he better or Dr Jung... read up that his top 5 in the world in nose. who are the rest?

Also, he provides Computer imaging to show patients the virtual final result.!!!!!!///

Does anyone know which other clinic provide this?... This is extremely useful for both patients and Doctors as to what the desired result would be.
Who is this guy?

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Re: hi

Post by WAsadeha » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 3:50 pm

mbk wrote:Dr. Dean T. is very good at rebuilding noses but his noses in general have a very high radix. Having seen the before and after pictures, I am leaning towards Dr. Davis from Florida. I'd love him to work on me.
Hey wad do u mean by 'radix'?

Anyway who is Dr Davis( any website)? How much does he charges and does he do coastal cartilage too?

MBK are u in America?... The priec in the States is mind boggling!...i think one must set aside at least $20k to cover all cost!

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 3:51 pm

babyk wrote:
WAsadeha wrote:Hey guys came across this guy who appears to be a nose guru as well.

Who is this guy?
Soorrie din explain myself; its DR DEAN T. from Chicago

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 3:56 pm

kwelll wrote:
foubelle wrote:kwell: you sound really experienced! have you been to them for surgery before?

when do you intent to go to dr jung or are you still deciding?
Hi foubelle,

Haha, am not that experienced (only had 2 rhinoplasties, eye enhancement) but I do know exactly what these doctors are saying (and doing ) because it helps to know yourself so you can participate in the pre discussion which must set the record straight. I have not personally been to any of the mentioned, but Dr Leslie Quek, who is less than desirable - his nose implant is horrible and caused so much trauma to the nose tip (extreme pressure from implant) was utterly disappointed and had it removed to save my life !!! Been to a few for consultation and realised most if not all are hopeless !!!

I found Dr Jung to be a pleasant man and fairly patient so I would go to him for my nose and chin not sure who else.=?????

I guess for us, its all or never !!

Cheers
Kwell
(male)
Indeed...

mayamomi
Regular
Regular

Post by mayamomi » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 4:50 pm

since everyone here either had nosejob done or planning to do... can someone enlighten me on the costs and after effects or after-feelings ...

specifically, i would like to know if u'd feel like the implant is moving or if u'd feel u shouldn't rub/blow/ pick ur nose too hard ?? ? thks !!

:shock:
To you, he's a dog...
To me, he's everything...

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 5:27 pm

WAsadeha wrote:
babyk wrote:

Who is this guy?
Soorrie din explain myself; its DR DEAN T. from Chicago

OMG... hey girl, we`ve been on about Dr. Dean Toriumi for a few days now.... where were you ??? I suspect you do not read posts often, it is better you get acquainted with the topic especially if you are seriously interested in this subject.

Don`t fall behind, yeah !!! Have added you on MSN as requested.

Kwell

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 5:34 pm

WAsadeha wrote:
kwelll wrote:
foubelle wrote:kwell: you sound really experienced! have you been to them for surgery before?

when do you intent to go to dr jung or are you still deciding?
Hi foubelle,

Haha, am not that experienced (only had 2 rhinoplasties, eye enhancement) but I do know exactly what these doctors are saying (and doing ) because it helps to know yourself so you can participate in the pre discussion which must set the record straight. I have not personally been to any of the mentioned, but Dr Leslie Quek, who is less than desirable - his nose implant is horrible and caused so much trauma to the nose tip (extreme pressure from implant) was utterly disappointed and had it removed to save my life !!! Been to a few for consultation and realised most if not all are hopeless !!!

I found Dr Jung to be a pleasant man and fairly patient so I would go to him for my nose and chin not sure who else.=?????

I guess for us, its all or never !!

Just like to add that if one has been to the top notch (surgeons) here, one would realise (through consultations and photos etc) that almost 90% of patients have had simple insertion of implant (prefabricated ones) with perhaps alar base reductions done. I am also of the understanding that self tissue implantation is very rarely performed in this country and its too complicated for a simple augmentation work. (LOL)........... Experience amongst others is highly essential so I guess most of us hit the plane for a greener pasture.

LOL

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 7:40 pm

hmm i have been reading but i wud like to know which other clinic offer PC imaging?

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 7:46 pm

WAsadeha wrote:hmm i have been reading but i wud like to know which other clinic offer PC imaging?
My opinion is these PC imaging software just makes your consultation more interesting, and surgeons would most probably tell you it only help you IMAGINE the look post surgery - its only a brief guide and most times will not be the same in reality. (why do you think most of them do not even have the software?)

Are you Indonesian?
Last edited by kwelll on Fri, 10 Aug 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

king87

Post by king87 » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 8:06 pm

mayamomi wrote:since everyone here either had nosejob done or planning to do... can someone enlighten me on the costs and after effects or after-feelings ...

specifically, i would like to know if u'd feel like the implant is moving or if u'd feel u shouldn't rub/blow/ pick ur nose too hard ?? ? thks !!

:shock:
perhaps for the first 1-2months you should not exert excess stress on your nose.. after that it is ok to do any of those you mentioned.

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 8:40 pm

Hmmm looks like its not featured in most clinic,,,, wow i think its really useful still; A picture is worth a thousand words... it would also be cool to see a picture of the your ideal self!!

Anyway Kwell no idea y u think im indo haa! i am not but i reckon you are?

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Fri, 10 Aug 2007 9:57 pm

WAsadeha wrote:Hmmm looks like its not featured in most clinic,,,, wow i think its really useful still; A picture is worth a thousand words... it would also be cool to see a picture of the your ideal self!!

Anyway Kwell no idea y u think im indo haa! i am not but i reckon you are?

Orrh.... no am not either ! LOL

Hmm.... I reckon the imaging sofeware is still popular in countries such as the US but definitely not in Singapore if you`re thinking of having your surgery here. Yeah... its nice to able to envisage one's ideal nose but mind you ... it can also make you less happy if it doesnt turn out the way you want it or vice versa. Double edged sword I guess ......... at the end of the day, it is whats being done on the surgical table and whether it translate in reality that truely matters. Don`t you reckon??