Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
reizo

Post by reizo » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 4:45 pm

hi oohlala... wat do u mean by the next batch of SIA intake is Aug 20th? Do u mean the recruitment or the commencement of training?
Btw, thnx for the reply to my question earlier.
Anyway I don't know whether there's anyone here who was applied during the Aug 15th walk-in interview and waiting for their medical now. If any, pls say something! At least I know I'm not the only one being anxious! Lol...

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 5:45 pm

reizo wrote:hi oohlala... wat do u mean by the next batch of SIA intake is Aug 20th? Do u mean the recruitment or the commencement of training?
Btw, thnx for the reply to my question earlier.
Anyway I don't know whether there's anyone here who was applied during the Aug 15th walk-in interview and waiting for their medical now. If any, pls say something! At least I know I'm not the only one being anxious! Lol...
Hi Reizo,

I m the 15th July walk-in batch, and my management interview was at 27th July. Am i the same batch as u??
I received my medical result today, i manage to passed that but i hav to go for eng course b4 i start my training.

reizo

Post by reizo » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 7:01 pm

hi ferrin....

Yup, i was there on the 15th july walk-in interview AND the final interview on the 27th! So which one is u?!
Btw CONGRATS! You received the medical results so soon? I went last Sat. Almost a week now. So they'll b providing you with the eng course too?

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 8:43 pm

Hi Ferrin, I received their call today, asking me to present myself for a review next week. I suppose they will have an interview for me. So how about you? Thought once you clear your medical, you will start the training, in the same time attend the course, no? So you will not start your training until you got the cert? They will arrange a special interview for you? They told you that?
Last edited by veryscary on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:34 pm

reizo wrote:hi ferrin....

Yup, i was there on the 15th july walk-in interview AND the final interview on the 27th! So which one is u?!
Btw CONGRATS! You received the medical results so soon? I went last Sat. Almost a week now. So they'll b providing you with the eng course too?
My management interview was 10.30am, urs??
Hai still early to congrate... no.. we muz go for course ourself.. fork out money ourselves too..

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:40 pm

veryscary wrote:Hi Ferrin, I received their call today, asking me to present myself for a review next week. I suppose they will have an interview for me. So how about you? Thought once you clear your medical, you will start the training, in the same time attend the course, no? So you will not start your training until you got the cert? They will arrange a special interview for you? They told you that? Anyone has an idea how is the special interview? Will they ask the same question in the management round?
Ya tats y i so sian... and the lady told me "You should choose a course which the duration and fee are within your budget, bcos u may not get the job in the end as we will still need to arrange an interview to review your english"
Then i was "Har?! i tot i passed my medical result meaning 90% got place ?"
I have to pass the special interview b4 start training..
I asked the lady how will be the interview like, she told me is something similar to the management interview....

Hai...

reizo

Post by reizo » Sat, 04 Aug 2007 10:43 am

hi ferrin...

Mine was 8.45am. But I was in the holding room till about 11am+. So I supposed we must have seen each other.
I understand how you must have feel. Already passed medical but still have to worry about the special interview. I guess the special interview is just to test your eng speech ba. If you've passed the previous one, I'm sure you can pass this one too. Just don't be disheartened ok? You've already got this far. The ball is in your court now. Anyway the interviewer are all nice. If you they see you put in effort I'm sure there's no reason why they can't accept you. Jiayou!!! :D

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Sat, 04 Aug 2007 11:23 am

reizo wrote:hi ferrin...

Mine was 8.45am. But I was in the holding room till about 11am+. So I supposed we must have seen each other.
I understand how you must have feel. Already passed medical but still have to worry about the special interview. I guess the special interview is just to test your eng speech ba. If you've passed the previous one, I'm sure you can pass this one too. Just don't be disheartened ok? You've already got this far. The ball is in your court now. Anyway the interviewer are all nice. If you they see you put in effort I'm sure there's no reason why they can't accept you. Jiayou!!! :D
Hi Reizo,

U r Stewardess or steward?? Mine also until 11am+, haha...I'm the last few candidates to go in tat day...
Thanks for your encourage ;)

reizo

Post by reizo » Sat, 04 Aug 2007 12:11 pm

hi ferrin,

I'm a steward. Don't know whether you notice but I was wearing a black jacket. So which day of next week is your special interview?

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Sat, 04 Aug 2007 10:21 pm

So Ferrin, it means we have to go for another round of management interview, and answer all the same questions like the final round again?? Oh my god!!!! They put my review at 5pm. Kinda late huh.. I guess I will be the last one.
Last edited by veryscary on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reizo

Post by reizo » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 12:40 am

hi veryscary...

When is your final interview? Which day of next week? Probably why they put you at a late timing is because thurs and fri is public holiday. So they want to expediate the process. Anyway somewhere in the thread someone says there's always a new intake (for the training) on each monday of the week.

Btw, wish you all the best veryscary. I know it's kind of hard to go through another round of interview. But I'm sure that after going this far, you are more than capable to ace through it. Don't put too much thought into it. Believe you'll make it and don't doubt yourself. Jiayou!!! :D

jingjing

Post by jingjing » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 1:23 am

would like to know these info:

1. can we try both sat & sun interviews if we didnt make it to the water confidence round? or only can try 1 day for each recruitment drive?

2. under the column if we have scars/birthmarks? must we b honest or fake it in case the interviewers see tat we tick "yes" den decided to boot us out?

3. do we need to know how to swim? or they just wanna test & see if we dare to jump or not in case of any emergency?

4. most importantly,i only got O levels can i try?

reizo

Post by reizo » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 2:29 am

hi jingjing...

Here's to your answers in my own personal capacity;

1) You should only try one of the dates. They will be conducting the first 2 rounds on the same day. After the second round then will they give you dates for your water confidence test.

2) SIA is very particular about honesty. So, don't lie!!! Anyway, where is the scar? (I assume you asked because you've it?)

3) You're right. That is why it is called water confidence test. You don't have to be a swimmer. As long as you are confident to jump-off the plane and subsequently swam to the side, you should be able to pass.

4) Quoting from the educational requirements from SIA's website (http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... o/careers/
local_cabincrew_details.jsp);
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).

Good luck!!! :D

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 11:18 am

about the 5 GCE-O levels credits, please please make sure you have sufficient work experience..they told me to come back with a levels (halfway through it) because my work experience wasn't sufficient..good luck!

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 2:19 pm

jingjing wrote:would like to know these info:

1. can we try both sat & sun interviews if we didnt make it to the water confidence round? or only can try 1 day for each recruitment drive?

2. under the column if we have scars/birthmarks? must we b honest or fake it in case the interviewers see tat we tick "yes" den decided to boot us out?

3. do we need to know how to swim? or they just wanna test & see if we dare to jump or not in case of any emergency?

4. most importantly,i only got O levels can i try?
1. u can try both sat and sun cos my fren failed first round on sat in the april interview, tried on sun and he's training wif me now..
~~I wanna fly too~~