Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
oohlala
Regular
Regular

Post by oohlala » Wed, 01 Aug 2007 9:00 pm

Ferrin wrote:
oohlala wrote:ferrin & veryscary..

both of you mentioned about calling stc..
can you pm me the number?
it's my 13th day. n i getting really anxious.
most of my group mates have gotten their call. :(
thanks.
Hi oohlala,
Hav u received their call?? hai... my management and medical round was done on the 27th July, i noe its still early, but i m juz so impatient!!! Pls let me noe when u all received the training date :(
Hey ferrin,
I emailed them yesterday. They called me today to update me on my status. Said i would have to get e iron level in my bloodcount at the normal flying range. Mine is only 9.7. N in order to fly. i need it to be at least 10. so for the mean time. need to be under medication. prolly around 1 mth i go for another review. Once cleared, they will arrange 4 my training. yeaps.

im so relieved they called. Least im not waiting hopelessly. :)

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Wed, 01 Aug 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Greenlife, I am so sorry that I am not sure about the code. But the full name of the course is FOUNDATION ENGLISH: SAYING IT RIGHT! So greenlife, they asked you to go for the course too?

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Wed, 01 Aug 2007 9:08 pm

Hi oohlala, just take care of yourself, be patient for one more month! :)

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 4:26 am

theknees wrote:
Indignant wrote:Hmm.. guys/girls, any tips on management interview?
say the right things, even if you have to lie :)
know why you want the job, and show it.
good luck!
yea i totally agree... no matter what they ask you, never ever let them noe abt the negative things bout SIA like bullying,etc... i was too truthful on my mgmt thus resulting in my 6month ban.... T_T

And guys i would like to clarify sumting... abt the 6month ban, if there is an interview say, 1mth before the 6mths are up, issit wise to go? or issit better to wait till its really after 6mths...?

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 8:45 am

Dear Veryscary,

Thank you for your information.
I had tried three times SIA interview, dint even managed to pass first round at all. I guess could be my english problem thus I tend to sign up the course and hope it can be improve.

Once again, thanks

Cheers
Greenlife

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:47 am

well...

that time when i went for Airline Service Course for cabin crew with Reddot Academy we actually have some mock interviews with the trainer and they'll tell you how to improve on it.

den there's one or two girls who're malaysian, when they speak english the malaysian accent is quite strong so the trainer advice them to take up some english course to improve their english.
(no offence to malaysian... coz i was once a malaysian too... juz using it as an example.. keke.. )

so maybe taking some english course might help a bit and boast ur confidence level too.

anyway no harm taking up english course as it will be useful for any job that u work as. :wink:
Soaring above all

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 3:19 pm

VeniE wrote:well...
so maybe taking some english course might help a bit and boast ur confidence level too.
Should accents be the only problem elocution lessons might be more appropriate rather than standard English courses. Although improving both your written and spoken English is never a wasted effort.

reizo

Post by reizo » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:46 pm

Hi... I went for the medical test last Sat. And the lady attending to us on the final interview told us that they will get back to us in 2 weeks. I know its only being 4 days but I am so anxious! Furthermore I've already quitted from my job! Can anyone enlightened me on how long will the H.R contact us after the medical test?

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:51 pm

Hi Greenlife, all the best to you. Just wanna tell you the course I have attended.. The course is for the people with pronunciation problem. Do you have that problem?
Last edited by veryscary on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indignant

Post by Indignant » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:16 pm

Hi oohlala, managed to pass the interview.. now also waiting for medical results... realised that guys did not draw blood for the checkup. Wonder if the results will be faster than the girls... :?

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 1:28 pm

Hi Veryscary,

i received the call already... my medical result passed, now have to find eng course to attend...
Have them called u?? I feel so sian when i heard that they will be having another special interview for me after my eng course...
Sian~!~

oohlala
Regular
Regular

Post by oohlala » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 2:00 pm

Hi veryscary, will do! i wanna start soon man. :)

Hi reizo, congrats on passing! Don't get too anxious. u should only wen its already 8 days of waiting. haha. bcos the call should come by then if your medical has no problems.

Hello indignant! happy for you~
anyway girls did not have to draw blood as well. but for me, doc claimed i mite be having anemia. so she needed to do a full blood count to check. If your medical is no prob, i guess you should receive your call within the 2 weeks. From what i heard, next batch will be on 20thaug.. yeap2. :wink:

Ferrin~ sian? don't be. It's good that you already have a place in sia. just needed to complete ur eng course n can start training! same for me here.. the quicker i get better, the faster i commence training! :D

oohlala
Regular
Regular

Post by oohlala » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 2:12 pm

rurik0 wrote:
theknees wrote:
Indignant wrote:Hmm.. guys/girls, any tips on management interview?
say the right things, even if you have to lie :)
know why you want the job, and show it.
good luck!
yea i totally agree... no matter what they ask you, never ever let them noe abt the negative things bout SIA like bullying,etc... i was too truthful on my mgmt thus resulting in my 6month ban.... T_T

And guys i would like to clarify sumting... abt the 6month ban, if there is an interview say, 1mth before the 6mths are up, issit wise to go? or issit better to wait till its really after 6mths...?
from my point of view, i believe that if you are really keen on being a fa,
you should see the perspective of the job in a positive way. Like the bullying tt u noe about.. you should treat it like the parts n parcels of a new careerlife.
if u are really keen on the job. you wont really focus about the negative issues. i believe you would consider it more of a challenge for urself.

I mean having to lie is like more of lying to urself.
so its best to be positive.

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 3:11 pm

If they ask:
Have you heard anything negative about working as a FA?

wat will you reply...? It was coz of this that i brought up the bullying etc topic. It was so wrong...

oohlala
Regular
Regular

Post by oohlala » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 3:36 pm

rurik0 wrote:If they ask:
Have you heard anything negative about working as a FA?

wat will you reply...? It was coz of this that i brought up the bullying etc topic. It was so wrong...
They did ask me. N i told them about the:
-health issues. as in e back strain, jet lag, cabin pressure.
-being alone. cos i believe you dun have a fixed team n being away from the people u love.. u will tend to feel lonely. but i take it as learning to be independant. somehow it makes u become more mature n adult in a way tt you gotta learn to live by urself. n not rely much on ur friends n familes.
-politics. ups n downs of a career life.

yeap2. u just gotta have a positive mindset. :wink: