Singapore Expats

Next SIA recruitment?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jolene23
Regular
Regular

Post by jolene23 » Mon, 30 Jul 2007 5:38 pm

Trinity4656 wrote:Men.

I recently lost my bf as well because of this. But the reason is very weird. He wanted me to be a crew badly. Partly because his ex is one, his best fren's wife is one and another fren of his is a steward too. Pisses me off to no end. Was upset coz it felt he was comparing me. I didnt wanna try at all!

But now, since he's no longer with me, my reason to wanna be one is now different, coz it's not of pressure, but coz i wanna do this for myself. I know the benefits of working in this line.

We shall all work very hard to get where we want ya. Good Luck All!!
Tat is kind of sad when he wanted you to be one so badly cos of his ex, his frd wife all tat..... But anyway u have decided now that u wanted this job cos for yourself and not for him...SUpport you all the way!!!!! You'll get in one!!!! Jia You!!

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:59 am

Haiz... everybody thinks cabin crew is a glamorous job...

But it takes a lot of hard work which many people don't know...
Soaring above all

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:48 pm

Moonstone wrote:
jolene23 wrote:Hi everyone....so nice to hear such supportive remarks from all of you!!!! Yeah i will try hard for the next one...wun give up!!!!!

Anyone know the venue for the next coming interview already???

Yeah, we'll all try our very best!! The venue is not confirmed yet, but keep checking the SIA website, hopefully they'll put it up soon.
yup yup.. i have been checking the website every now n then.. keep each other updated k =)

Moonstone

Post by Moonstone » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 1:17 pm

VeniE wrote:Haiz... everybody thinks cabin crew is a glamorous job...

But it takes a lot of hard work which many people don't know...
To me, there is no job in the world that is not hard work. The important thing is that you are able to enjoy it and see things in a positive light. :)

jolene23
Regular
Regular

Post by jolene23 » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 4:24 pm

hihi,

Really wish SIA can faster rel a date for us to know when is the interview.... I have already resign....cos i cannot stand my job.... Will start looking for one when i finish my studies end of the yr.... :)

Hey anyone here can tell me abit more about SIA cabin crew salary package like? I only know that average can take abt $3.5k back home but anyone the exact package like? For example how much is the basic. Is there any grooming allowance and how much is it? Is SIA cabin crew paid per flying hours or per duty days. And anyone knows how much is it approximately? $20/hr or wat???

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 4:34 pm

jolene23 wrote:hihi,

Really wish SIA can faster rel a date for us to know when is the interview.... I have already resign....cos i cannot stand my job.... Will start looking for one when i finish my studies end of the yr.... :)

Hey anyone here can tell me abit more about SIA cabin crew salary package like? I only know that average can take abt $3.5k back home but anyone the exact package like? For example how much is the basic. Is there any grooming allowance and how much is it? Is SIA cabin crew paid per flying hours or per duty days. And anyone knows how much is it approximately? $20/hr or wat???
i know their basic pay is 1200... den plus flying allowance... flying allowance will depend on where you're flying to and the no of hours on flight... something like that la.. keke...

during the 4 months training if i'm not wrong, you'll only be paid 1.2k as you're not flying at the moment.
Soaring above all

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:34 pm

jolene23 wrote:hihi,

the basic is about $1200. there'll be flight allowance, laundry allowance, transport allowance. as for the rate... it depends on your rank... but you definitely won't be getting $20/hr when you first start out! can't remember how much it was but for FS/FSS, i think its less than $10/hr.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Thu, 02 Aug 2007 6:41 pm

jolene23 wrote:

I recently lost my bf as well because of this. But the reason is very weird. He wanted me to be a crew badly. Partly because his ex is one, his best fren's wife is one and another fren of his is a steward too. Pisses me off to no end. Was upset coz it felt he was comparing me. I didnt wanna try at all!

But now, since he's no longer with me, my reason to wanna be one is now different, coz it's not of pressure, but coz i wanna do this for myself. I know the benefits of working in this line.

Tat is kind of sad when he wanted you to be one so badly cos of his ex, his frd wife all tat..... But anyway u have decided now that u wanted this job cos for yourself and not for him...SUpport you all the way!!!!! You'll get in one!!!! Jia You!!
yes men are such strange creatures.
i completely supported my bf (back then. now EX liao) when he wanted to try for SQ. and when he got in, i was happy for him.
and then he told me he would break up with me if i ever became a stewardess.
and then he cheated on me with his batch girl.

some guys may be "proud" to have a stewardess girlfriend, but as girl, i'm definitely not proud to have a steward boyfriend.

jolene23
Regular
Regular

Post by jolene23 » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:40 am

theknees wrote:
jolene23 wrote:

yes men are such strange creatures.
i completely supported my bf (back then. now EX liao) when he wanted to try for SQ. and when he got in, i was happy for him.
and then he told me he would break up with me if i ever became a stewardess.
and then he cheated on me with his batch girl.

some guys may be "proud" to have a stewardess girlfriend, but as girl, i'm definitely not proud to have a steward boyfriend.
OMG it is so bad of him...he wanted you not to be one yet he cheated you for a stewardess.....

I back together with my bf liao...he finally give in and tell me he will support me lor..as long as i dun betray his trust.....

But are you intending to become a stewardess??? Dunno if 25th of aug is the next interview anot... till now the website is not updated with the next interview....if you going...good luck to you!!!

Regarding the salary.... can only get less than $10 per hour...then the 1st few mths can earn only like 2K or less lor.....wo man worse than wat i am getting now...so sad like tat.... :(.... cos i calculate for emirates..... the per hour is abt SGD20 plus basic of abt SGD 1.6k...average is 70-80 flying hours...one mth also only abt $3k+ but haven't plus layover allowance yet la....so plus everything i think is SGD4K+........ but too bad emirates i got to wait for another 6 mths more....but SIA no need to wait for so long...anyway home country airline is always the most proud airline we should work for...so i will feel very happy for myself if i can get into SIA also....

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:56 am

jolene23 wrote: OMG it is so bad of him...he wanted you not to be one yet he cheated you for a stewardess.....

I back together with my bf liao...he finally give in and tell me he will support me lor..as long as i dun betray his trust.....

But are you intending to become a stewardess??? Dunno if 25th of aug is the next interview anot... till now the website is not updated with the next interview....if you going...good luck to you!!!

Regarding the salary.... can only get less than $10 per hour...then the 1st few mths can earn only like 2K or less lor.....wo man worse than wat i am getting now...so sad like tat.... :(.... cos i calculate for emirates..... the per hour is abt SGD20 plus basic of abt SGD 1.6k...average is 70-80 flying hours...one mth also only abt $3k+ but haven't plus layover allowance yet la....so plus everything i think is SGD4K+........ but too bad emirates i got to wait for another 6 mths more....but SIA no need to wait for so long...anyway home country airline is always the most proud airline we should work for...so i will feel very happy for myself if i can get into SIA also....
lol he's an idiot and life is better without him! haha.

yes i made it into another airline, but not SQ. don't wish to be working with him!!!

how you calculate $2k plus? the first 3-4 months during training you'll only get the basic. but once you start flying you definitely can earn at least $3k.

jolene23
Regular
Regular

Post by jolene23 » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:23 am

theknees wrote:
jolene23 wrote: OMG it is so bad of him...he wanted you not to be one yet he cheated you for a stewardess.....

lol he's an idiot and life is better without him! haha.

yes i made it into another airline, but not SQ. don't wish to be working with him!!!

how you calculate $2k plus? the first 3-4 months during training you'll only get the basic. but once you start flying you definitely can earn at least $3k.
Oh you are already a stewardess....so happy for you.. Care to share which airline are you in??? If can, share some not so "glamourous" side of being cabin crew.... then maybe we can know more before getting into it. :)

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Post by zombofi » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 4:53 pm

Local Flight Stewardesses/ Stewards
We will be conducting a recruitment exercise for Flight Stewardess/ Steward in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to meet you at our walk-in interview.

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).
For Malaysian qualifications, a minimum grade of B4 in English at SPM level is required for the above.
Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months of training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.
Our comprehensive training program would cover topics such as:
Product Knowledge including Food & Beverage
Service Procedures
Passenger Handling
Deportment & Grooming
Language & Communication Skills
Safety Equipment Procedures
First Aid
On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete this application form.

Please bring the following documents for registration between 9.00am and 1pm.
Completed application form
Passport-sized photograph
Original(s) of:
a) your birth certificate
b) all educational certificates
c) identity card
Interviews will be conducted on 25 & 26 August 2007 at:

Raffles City Convention Centre
Swissotel The Stamford
4th Level – Atrium Ballroom
No. 2 Stamford Road
Singapore 178882

:D

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 5:20 pm

whahaha... SIA recruiting le!!!
Soaring above all

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 5:27 pm

VeniE wrote:whahaha... SIA recruiting le!!!

yes!!! 2 days of recruitement somemore!!!

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 5:30 pm

zcarina wrote:
VeniE wrote:whahaha... SIA recruiting le!!!

yes!!! 2 days of recruitement somemore!!!
actually one day or two day of recruitment is there any difference??
Soaring above all