Singapore Expats

cockroches!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
jujup

cockroches!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jujup » Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:22 pm

hi guys.

i have just moved into an appt which is around 2-3 yrs old. i like to have a neat n clean kitchen...but there r tooo many tiny cockroaches n other insects which don't die inspite of spraying baygon n trying out different pest chalk stick..Does any one know a way to keep the insects away..pls help.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thx

LoisLane

Post by LoisLane » Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:48 pm

EEEEEKKk!!! hate those roaches... no matter how small!!! Apparently even a nuclear blast wont kill the bastards!!! Try borax... hard to get here but u can get it USA, if u have any friends coming from there... apparently that works.... keep spraying the bagyon cos it sounds like they are all emerging from a nest!!!! ugh!!!

look for some sites on the net,, some time ago i had a similar problem.. mine was worst they were frigging flying ones and they came from outside cos people were not bagging their rubbish... what a nightmare!

keep a tin of baygon everywhere... also put cloves in the cupboards..apparently keeps them away.. some say pandan leaves too...

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cockroach bait

Post by joop » Thu, 16 Dec 2004 1:15 pm

Try using cockroach baits.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

fav

Post by fav » Thu, 16 Dec 2004 1:33 pm

never let food lie arround, use those big boxes for food, clean everything regularly

bobdoom
Regular
Regular

Post by bobdoom » Thu, 16 Dec 2004 7:19 pm

easy spray pesticide on the kitchen floor or the floors where you always see the cockroaches ard...

Post by Guest » Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:54 am

You could go the market to buy lots of pandan leaves and place a couple of bundles in the drawers, cabinets, etc., where you think the croaks are.

It will keep the croaks away and also you will have nice fragrant smell from the leaves as well.

:wink:

airick

Post by airick » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:32 am

Where do I buy baygon ant bait station and cockroach bait station ?

bluenose
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluenose » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:50 am

We have an electronic version from the UK and it is brill, never had one in 2 years here!
Check the internet and sure you can buy them...

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 1:54 pm

airick wrote:Where do I buy baygon ant bait station and cockroach bait station ?
supermarket? :roll:

eaton7

Post by eaton7 » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 5:39 pm

Yuck, I hate cockroaches!
If they don't go away and there are many of them I would call a company who handles the little animals professionally!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 6:02 pm

They are insects not animals
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 7:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They are insects not animals
Errr... SMS, they sure as hell aint plants. Insects are indeed animals... admittedly a different phyla from us great apes... but animals nonetheless.

canely1983

Post by canely1983 » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 8:15 pm

that must be the food attract them and believe it that they hide inside the cracks and crevices. I believe the smaller cockroaches you saw were German cockroaches. That's the most horrible creature in kitchen of most restaurants.

i suggest you to remove food waste and clear the rubbish every now and then and use chemical to eliminate the colony.

it is best to call for pest controller for this case! They have chemical and gel to be applied for this specific insects.

www.antiants.com

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:34 pm

There are quite a few pest control organizations listed in my links page below.should you decide to go that route.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:30 am

Simple, stop issuing passports to Victorians.

Oh, the other type of cockroaches . . .

'nuff said Image

Return to “General Discussions”