Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hihi

Post by love`Qoo » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 4:00 am

rurik0 wrote:
xuetingg wrote:
rurik0 wrote:hi xuetingg...
is this ur real name...? coz i met someone during mgmt round who told me that she failed 6mths ago and go in now. Is that you o.O? And also i would like to clarify sumting... when they say 6months, do they strictly mean 6months? As in, it must be past Jan18? If the recruitment is in Jan but earlier than 18th will i be breakin the 6months ban? And issit possible to try a lil earlier like dec or so...?
No.. xuetingg is my forum nick... hehe...
actually, I'm not every sure about the 6mths thingy too.. dun really know when shd we start counting the date, but according to my experience.. I never pass rd one after i failed my mgmt interview on late Jan 07, onli until the recent recruitment I pass rd one and went all the way to mgmt rd to get the job.... hehe..... Well, I think is better to wait after the 6 mths ban is over then go for the interview again otherwise like what many say will get blacklisted I think. Meanwhile, try to figure out what has went wrong during your interview cos i did that and personally feel that i really did better than my previous interview... jiayou.... :wink:
yep i'd be w8ing 6 months since i've got a new job oredi!... Haha, so i guess ur not that person i mentioned. Coz my mgmt was on 18th, same s oohlala! >.< Will be w8in till next yr and try w/ starie haha... such a long w8. Hope it was coz of the bad things i said that i got booted, otherwise i cnt thing of any other reasons ... and hope i haven got blacklisted for saying those things either! T__T
if you (we) are determined and there's nothing really wrong with us.. im sure we can get it one of this days.. :P

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:19 am

All the best to all those trying again. Don't give up. You would get your dream one day! :)
Ishi Liu Yu Hao, Rest In Peace my eternal friend.

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 1:15 pm

yeah... shall not give up on our dreams... the next interview gotta be my third one... hope it gotta be the last one then... [-o<

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 2:13 pm

veryscary wrote:Hi garlic, the lady said, the interview was good but the interviewers wanted me to go for a english course to polish up my english. After I got the cert, I need to submit to them for review. She told me I dont need to go for final interview again, they will arrange a special interview to review my english. So actually I am not so sure if they meant I have passed the management round.
Hi Verscary, i m exactly in the same situation as u!! i was told to go to the british council to attend english course and provide them the cert...
Can pls share which eng course u go for? which sch? :) sch fee and period of course???
and... will they giv another interview to test u or they juz need to look at the cert??

hope to receive ur reply soon...

Ferrin

Indignant

Post by Indignant » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 3:13 pm

Hi to all, virgin post here... Now waiting for the final interview. Wonder how did the guys who went for today's interview do... Feeling kinda pressured at the moment.... :cry:

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 8:28 pm

Hi Ferrin, I asked them before, not really have to go to British Council, any language school will do. It is too expensive in British Council, it costs about $1200 for 3 months course. I just finished my course this Wed. The interviewers wanted me to do something to improve my pronunciation. So I chose MDIS. They have a course for pronunciation called FOUNDATION ENGLISH: SAYING IT RIGHT!. I spent $400 for 5 weeks course. Guess they will arrange an interview to review my application, this is what the girl told me. So how about you? What's your problem? Pronunciation too? When was your final interview? Mine is 10th May. I went for April walk-in. :) I am applying for flight steward.

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:56 pm

veryscary wrote:Hi Ferrin, I asked them before, not really have to go to British Council, any language school will do. It is too expensive in British Council, it costs about $1200 for 3 months course. I just finished my course this Wed. The interviewers wanted me to do something to improve my pronunciation. So I chose MDIS. They have a course for pronunciation called FOUNDATION ENGLISH: SAYING IT RIGHT!. I spent $400 for 5 weeks course. Guess they will arrange an interview to review my application, this is what the girl told me. So how about you? What's your problem? Pronunciation too? When was your final interview? Mine is 10th May. I went for April walk-in. :) I am applying for flight steward.
Hi Veryscary, I juz passed my management round today... so in the end u juz need to provide cert, regardless the duration of course?? Is ur course full time or part itme?? cos i actually saw a 2 days course.. wonder issit able to make it...
ANd...hav u started training or they muz review ur eng b4 let u into the training course??

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Sat, 28 Jul 2007 2:43 pm

Singapore Airlines Best Cabin Staff is at No.2 right after Malaysia Airlines at No.1

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:03 pm

Ferrin, they just want us to do something. The lady told me there's no time limit how fast you have to finish the course. What they want is the cert at the end. But I am not too sure about your 2 days course, it seems like a little bit short. Mine is part time course. You have to know what's your problem, pronunciation or grammar? They have to see me after submitting the course. I just submitted 2 days ago. I have to call them on Monday.

junie85

Post by junie85 » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 3:23 am

hey guys!
any one know of the next interview date for singapore recruitment?

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:52 am

veryscary wrote:Ferrin, they just want us to do something. The lady told me there's no time limit how fast you have to finish the course. What they want is the cert at the end. But I am not too sure about your 2 days course, it seems like a little bit short. Mine is part time course. You have to know what's your problem, pronunciation or grammar? They have to see me after submitting the course. I just submitted 2 days ago. I have to call them on Monday.
so u are already in the training now? actually i m wondering will they require me to finish my course and review it before they let me undergo the training. they say the way i express myself is not that good, i think is grammer. but i m very glad that they still passed me, whereelse i tink the passing rate for tat day is 6 out of 11 for gers... HOw do u think abt the course in MDIS? issit helpful for u?? i m thinking to take up tat one also...a cheaper alternative :P

Venezia

Post by Venezia » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 1:36 pm

junie85 wrote:hey guys!
any one know of the next interview date for singapore recruitment?
I think MoonStone posted on the forum that the next interview is stipulated on the 25th Aug. Location unknown for now.

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 1:59 pm

Ferrin, I just submitted my cert 2 days ago. Tomorrow I have to call them again. I guess they will have an interview for us to test our english. They won't allow us to start the training until they do the review on our applications. About the course, 5 weeks is a little bit short for pronunciation course. But at least through the trainer, you know what's the problem and may be you can do something on it.

Red Wine

Post by Red Wine » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 3:42 pm

veryscary wrote:Ferrin, I just submitted my cert 2 days ago. Tomorrow I have to call them again. I guess they will have an interview for us to test our english. They won't allow us to start the training until they do the review on our applications. About the course, 5 weeks is a little bit short for pronunciation course. But at least through the trainer, you know what's the problem and may be you can do something on it.
Hi [veryscary], may I know where you submitted your applicationt to SIA? Thanks.

Ferrin

Post by Ferrin » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:28 pm

veryscary wrote:Ferrin, I just submitted my cert 2 days ago. Tomorrow I have to call them again. I guess they will have an interview for us to test our english. They won't allow us to start the training until they do the review on our applications. About the course, 5 weeks is a little bit short for pronunciation course. But at least through the trainer, you know what's the problem and may be you can do something on it.
That time during the intervew i asked the management interviewer does this mean that i still go for the training juz same as the rest of them but i only need to provide them the cert at the end of the day, he said YES. so i m confuse now... mayb i will hav to call them and ask them wat issit excatly...
anyway, tml after u call them can u pls update abt this?? Thanks alot :)