Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 9:53 pm

foubelle wrote:whats the difference between using your own cartilage an gorerex?

and whats the ifference between your own cartilege and donor's cartilege? cos now that pple have mentioned atrophy from goreex, i;'m a bit worried. will carilege be the solution?

the reason i dont like sillicon is because of atrusion as well as the fact that it is never fully stablaised or grown into by your body. what will happen with cartilege? will your body encapsulate it like silicon? or will it grow into it like goretex? nand if it does, will it cause problems like goretex(atrohpy thing that dr chuang was talking about)

if i use my own cartilege, will it get absorded?
Hey Foubelle,

This is the little info I know that I can share with you...

There are different places to harvest "cartilege".. like your nose and ears etc.
Usually for people with bigger nose and guys, they have more nose cartilege to harvest.

If there isnt enough, then the ear cartilege could be used.

So the Doctor will need to see you to access if you have sufficient cartilege in the first place.

Donor cartilege is .. like people who have donated or sold their cartilege for people to use.. so if you really dont have enough cartilege, then you could possible use the donor's cartilege.

Hope that is of some help :)
New nose please~

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 9:54 pm

Hmmm like Dawn Y. did eyes, nose, face shape yeah? She looks like a totally different person..

I dont want to change my identity... but yet I am keen to do all these three!

haha is that possible? :?
New nose please~

fushiacotton

Post by fushiacotton » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 9:57 pm

Is it possible to reduce the yellow pigmentation of the skin? I was born with yellow skin and I find it very disturbing.

i's

Post by i's » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:05 pm

hi guys,
how are you doing?

Thank you DMN for the pictures :)

Hi candall,

have you looked at the sites you gave me last time, the one about sappho and boai?? I am trying to decipher what they mean, my mom and I got into fight so she's like not helping at all. but I was curious, do you know if boai and sappho pics are of incisional, and do you know if sappho does ptosis correction?

Thank you so much for considering my questions...darn..I really should've paid attention in manadrin class lol! :)

Hi leenaaaa, how is your healing going for you?
Thank you for replying to my last post.

out of curioisty, before your first bleph with Dr. Kim, did you have droopy/and or asymmetric eyelids and/or brows? and can you please tell me how the scarring was from the first bleph?? He shows no pics of scarring on his website, so I was wondering how it looked.

thankyou so much for considering these questions, good luck with your healing and keep us posted.

smiles
i's :)

freesia

Post by freesia » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:54 pm

mbk wrote:Hi Freesia!

How was recover like? How many days for the cast? Did you do alarplasty too?

Did you see a dramatic change?

I went for a consultation with Dr. Seah and he told me my nose was fine. I agree he is a nice doc.
Hi

The first 5 days, my nose looks teribble, my nose is so swollen and yellowish, but gradually it has taken its shape n become slimmer. After the operation he put the band aid for 1 day, the next day , when i came to him, he remove the band aid. I did alarplasty 4 years ago.
Before the surgery, my nose was rounded at the tip, now it is nicer n sharper, becoz he trim the cartilage on my nose n implant the ear cartilage at the tip, it's open method

Now my nose is fine but the ear still swollen n bruised, sometime still feel discomfort.
I like the result, but if i want the dramatic change, he suggest me to chisel the side of my bridge n i need the general anesthetic, sound so scary, so i just did the tip enhancement then :D

ok, best wishes

freesia

Post by freesia » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:59 pm

kwelll wrote:
freesia wrote:hi mbk

i just did cartilage graft and tip enhancement by using the ear cartilage w/ dr seah chee seng (not implant any silicone). i did it 10 days ago, so far i'm happy w/ the result, the tip still swollen, but i can see it will be nice then, just 10 days ago but the shape already nicer than before the operation. Dr Seah is very patient , he really listens to you. Maybe you can consult w/ him first.
good luck
Yes, I do second Dr Seah although I did not have any surgery with him. Now, was it a bomb ??
Hi kwell

Dr seah is a good doctor, he charged me S$ 4,000 ( excl the GST n Medicine), so after ++ become S$4,520
How is your nose Kwell, hope you are happy with your nose :D

astrogirl
Regular
Regular

Post by astrogirl » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:57 am

fushiacotton wrote:Is it possible to reduce the yellow pigmentation of the skin? I was born with yellow skin and I find it very disturbing.
If there is excessive yellowing of the skin, there may be a jaundice condition. Otherwise, most Oriental people are 'yellow' skin with either pink/red, yellow or green undertones. You can use 'cool' shades (pinkish types of fair/medium/dark) foundation.
astrogirl

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 5:29 am

thanks keenose. but what i was asking was what are the different pros and cons of using the different materials. and which one was the safest?(i define safest to be able to last for a long time(hopefully a lifetime) without shifting or changing shape.)

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 7:26 am

candall wrote:hi kalyn

restylane and perlane are from the same manufacturer
former last 6 mths thus cheaper
latter last 9-12 mths
former usually used for fine lines
latter used for deeper grooves or heavy skin area
;this is what i learned from the PS.

my perlane lump is near to eye cheek region at the outer corner
my subsequent hylaform injection was near the inner corner below the eyes.
i was persuaded by the doctor lor said can ease my dark eye ring
but it lasted only 3 weeks and the bruise was 1 week
all in all i enjoyed only 2 weeks :cry:

one of my fren also said its nt worth the trouble at all
but the hylaform lump went away quickly
i guess since restylane is of fine viscosity like restylane it should go away eventually
so relax n enjoy
Same girl, I was also persuaded by my surgeon to undergo fillers for the benefits of my dark eye circles. I had 2 injections in the interval of about 3-4 months. The first wasn't restylane, restylane was the second stringe. I couldn't remember if the first stringe was hylaform, as I lost the recipt! :-| But for the first injection, the lumps only lasted for a few days and the effect lasted for a month or so ( I can't exactly remember the duration as it slowly subsided). However, for restylane, it has already been a week but the uneven lumps are still very obvious. I can even feel that the left side was injected more than the right, causing bulkiness that looks like worsen eyebags. Now, I can't do anything but to pray and hope that it will slowly be absorbed. I will never undergo such fillers again. I suspect my surgeon injected too much but well, nothing can be done about it now. :(

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 7:32 am

candall wrote:hi kalyn

i did my botox jaw 4 years back
i went back after 5-6 mths after the 1st session
i missed my 2nd session which to be done after 1-2 mths from the 1st;
the 2nd session was supposed to prolong the effects to 2 years.

anyway the 2nd session last longer than the 1st, think 9mths-1 year
then i went for another 2 sessions which lasted long time
recently i find myself chubby again
so juz did my no.5!!
this time i must make sure i follow up within 1 mth
the dr said who knows i might nt need it ever again :lol:
Thanks for sharing the experience dear. Yes, I've also heard that we need a booster shot 1-2 months after the first jab. That is why I'm going back to another doctor in town for the second jab in these 2 days. It has been 1 month and 3 weeks since the first jab I done in Taiwan. What I've heard was that for the first jab of Botox, the effects will not be obvious. We need to undergo a few jabs (probably 3) to be able to see a noticeable difference. After that, we will just go back in the interval of 6 months for subsecuent jabs to maintain the look. Please correct me if I'm wrong! :)

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 8:02 am

Hi Kwell

Botox on jaw: You should have seen some "slimming" on the sides where your jaw muscles are (bite your teeth and feel the muscles on the sides) by the 2nd to 3rd week post injection. Worst case, 4 weeks- if however, you still feel the muscles when you bite your teeth, then am afraid the botox did not work at all. However, if you do NOT feel any bulk there and yet you look the same prior to botox, then yours was probably not a case of excessive muscles but simply fats or large facial bone contour, in which case only shaving can make a significant difference. Botox works for those with overly strong muscles (behind the teeth) that become bulky over time, NOT fats or bone.

Before I had my botox, my jaw muscles are hard. After the first jab, my jaw muscles are relaxed as it's softer when I feel it. Hearing from what you've said makes me a little worried, as I do not see a difference in the slimming down of my facial contour. You're right, it could be the fats. Or it could be the swelling that has not yet subsided after I did my cheek lipo 7 weeks back. Eitherway, I hope I can still benefit from Botox! I'll go for a consultation with a local aesthetic doctor in these 2 days for another jab of Botox. I need some answers to my worries... :???:

Nose: Now, tell us how do you like Dr Chuang's work? I know he might say its early days yet but you can at least see 50% of the work by now.

7 weeks post-op, I can say I'm not too satisfied with my nose. Although I do not face any infections. The alar is not much reduced as expected. The nostrils can still be seen from the frontal view. This is because Dr. Chuang mentioned that my nose is short in the first place. The tip is round and bulbous. I think I may take longer to deswell than most people. As for the bridge, I used to find it too high, but it is slowly decreasing in height, and now it looks pretty fine. If this is the final result, I'll definitely go for a revision. I want a slim and thin nose, and what I've now is certainly way beyond my expectations :???: I will wait for another week or two then email Dr. Chuang to see what he says.Oh, and lately, 2 tiny zits popped out on the middle bridge, gosh. Anyone has any idea how to protect the nose from further zits and blackheads? :oops: Suggestions on how to reduce swelling will be soo greatly appreciated too. :love:

Lip reduction: Oh ... I love this one, have been wanting to reduce my overly lucious lips for one decade now.... just do not have the courage to do so cause it might wrack my entire lips or face.... plenty of blood vessels there so must be ultra competent. Share with us your experience.

Lip reduction. Okay I can say the difference is there. My upper lips are slightly thinner. As for lower lips.. I can't really feel the difference but my guess is yes, it ought to be slightly thinner too (duh). FYI, my sis did her lip reduction with Dr. Wong at Gleneagles on the same day I did mine with Dr. Chuang in Taiwan. From her results, I feel that Dr. Wong is better :???: I'm not being bias or anything, but the results that she had now post 7 weeks is awesome. Her lips are significantly reduced. My guess is that our lips are of different shapes to begin with. My lips are slightly downturned but lip reduction cannot change the shape of my lips. So, this issue is still there for me. I probably have to work on this. Anyone have any idea on how to correct downturned lips? :cry: Everyone is different, so you'd have to consult your doctor. As for recovery, the first two days was HELL. Honestly speaking, it was really painful because of the stitches as the lips are very sensitive. Candall is right, it is invasive. It makes the nose and cheeks seems nothing. It will help if you take Sinnech but I didn't. After 2 days, the pain is bearable and it heals pretty fast. Besides that, it's a pretty safe surgery. Hope this helps.

Cheek Lipo: Had it done 4 years ago and must admit it reduced the baby fats fast. I was bruised and swelled up like a ballon for a good 4 weeks! Was it worth it? OH boy ... it had to be yes.... loved the result. You might need a larger or longer chin to compliment a cheek lipo because the result can vary and may not be as dramatic as you wish.

I don't see any results! Oh boy, do you know how much fats did your doctor removed? Dr. Chuang told me that he removed 15cc of fats from each of my cheeks and after I did some research, I realized that 15cc is NOTHING. May I know where have you done it? What's wrong with me.. Why can't I see any difference.. Help.. :cry:

Cheers[/quote]

[/b][/u]

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 8:07 am

kwelll wrote:
FlyingMice wrote:Kwell, can show a picture of your lip?

Go to http://www.faceparty.com/kwelll
Nice pair of eyes. Boy you looked like some Korean actor. :D

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 8:11 am

DMN wrote: kalyn: for lower bleph/eyebag op resutls, i hv updated the photo cos the previous post-op pic is not clear. u can see the results. dr. Jung did remove a little fats n reposition the bal. post-op pic here shows no bags at all tho skin is still a little tender but doing fine.

http://img258.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 00k6m.smil
Perfect! Your lower bleh was excellent. Results is so good, I'm definitely gonna save up to do it! From the picture, it looks like even your dark eye circles are gone?? Were you on any make up on the second picture (after the surgery)? May I know how much was the surgery? I need that op, I guess I need it most. My eyebags and dark rings are worst than you. Like really bad, and I'm 21, by the look on the condition of my eyes, gosh I looked 35. :(

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 8:13 am

keenose wrote:
Kalyn and Lapomme.... how are your noses doing?
Hi girl, you can refer to the above post. :)

Mia882

Post by Mia882 » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 8:56 am

keenose wrote:
Mia882 wrote:Hi,
Just checking if anyone in this forum had done eyelash implant? Anyone can advice on the process.. Very interested, but have no idea of the effect.. :roll:
Hi Mia,

"who" has done eyelash implant before.

She says that there isnt pain during the process (if I remember correctly)

Your implanted eyelashes will grow on its own.. in length. So you need to trim it.. if not you will look wierd.

And you need to curl it everyday!

And I heard its not easy to curl it. try curling your hair with your eyelash curler to get a feel.

Ya, but oso I understand the doctor will take a skin graft from the back of our hair, but just wondering if that hurts too... Like when washing my hair? And the size of the skin the doc take? By the way, do we need to remove the stitching for the eyelash implant? Sorry, I being too nagging but jus need check all my enquiries before do it.. :oops: