Singapore Expats

Next SIA recruitment?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
garychien
Regular
Regular

Post by garychien » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:40 pm

whoa.. u bombard them with emails ya?

i tried a couple times for SIA too maybe i was mumbling while at the interview.. will try again ... he ehe

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 2:11 pm

25th aug! yipee! looking forward to it man.... it gotta be my third attempt!

garychien
Regular
Regular

Post by garychien » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 2:25 pm

hi bliss-licious...

u went for the 15th july interview as well? went there but no chance.. think i mumble too much...

heard from someone tat some went re-queue durin tat interview...
amazing ya...

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 2:53 pm

fyi... each recruitment drive you can only try once... they have your record...
Soaring above all

woodstock
Regular
Regular

Post by woodstock » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 3:50 pm

Wow..... 25 Aug.. that's pretty fast.

Hopefully the next recruitment drive in KL is coming soon...

Moonstone

Post by Moonstone » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 3:51 pm

Hehe... 'bombarde' is just figurative speech. I sent 3 mails in the space of 4 days just after i missed the 15th July interview. Was that anxious. :D

garychien
Regular
Regular

Post by garychien » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 4:09 pm

yap.. i know it a figure of speech... no worries... one moer month to go then.. he hee...

cheers and good luck

Moonstone

Post by Moonstone » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 4:17 pm

For the benefit for 1st time applicants like me:

Requirements

* Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
* Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height
* At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).
* For Malaysian qualifications, a minimum grade of B4 in English at SPM level is required for the above.
* Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months of training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete this application form.

Please bring the following documents for registration between 9.30am and 1pm.

* Completed application form
* Passport-sized photograph
* Original(s) and a photocopy each of:
a) your birth certificate
b) all educational certificates
c) identity card

The Interviews:

1. Introduction in a group interview, you need to introduce yourself
2. One on One interview, they want to know more about your life and your family
3. Psychotest and English Test
4. Panel Interview, there are 3 people ask you several question, they want to know your seriousness, your life, your family, your education and everything
5. Kebaya Test. They see wether you have any scar and stuff that shown after you put the kebaya on.

(6?) There is also a swimming test, but I'm not sure in what order the interview/test are conducted.

So for peeps who aren't fond of water, better start visit the pool, cos they make you jump off a plank into the water.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... n_crew.jsp
Better bookmark this link to download the application form

Hope all these helps

:)

jolene23
Regular
Regular

Post by jolene23 » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 7:13 pm

Hi all,

I am so happy to hear that another interview is coming..... I lost my bf yesterday, partly reason is due to me going for airline interview.....
Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise....since my bf break off with me partly due to this reason...all the more i am determine in getting this job....I WILL TRY MY VERY VERY BEST!!!!! Support me FRIENDS!!!

garychien
Regular
Regular

Post by garychien » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 8:17 pm

lost your bf over the job? hmm.... nvm... work hard to get the job then since the interview is in the coming month... more time for u to prepare yurself and to be more positive then..

cheers

Moonstone

Post by Moonstone » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:19 pm

jolene23 wrote:Hi all,

I am so happy to hear that another interview is coming..... I lost my bf yesterday, partly reason is due to me going for airline interview.....
Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise....since my bf break off with me partly due to this reason...all the more i am determine in getting this job....I WILL TRY MY VERY VERY BEST!!!!! Support me FRIENDS!!!
No offense, but your ex is kinda :???: I support you all the way!! We could meet up and go together, for support! Someone has agreed to go with me already. We will try our very best!!

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:02 pm

haiz. me and my bf also just quarrel over this, he also dun really like me gg into this line but well who cares~! yup yup.. hopefully we all meet up.. go together and get in together~!

yea...

Moonstone

Post by Moonstone » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:06 pm

How about this: Once we get the walk-in location confirmed, then we meet up half or 1 hr before that at someplace near? For morale and for support!!

garychien
Regular
Regular

Post by garychien » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:16 pm

whoa.. girlz unite ya?

Moonstone

Post by Moonstone » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:18 pm

LOL whoever wants to meet up first can come. It's just for us to get to know each other and for support. :lol: