Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Joycee
Regular
Regular

Post by Joycee » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:07 pm

oohlala wrote:joycee, i must say i've got alot of marks on my hands n legs due to mild eczema. I even indicate in the application form n inform the beautician as well. But she just smiled n told me not to worry. Even during wct i passed e skin check. but 2 girls get booted out due to their acne.
i think face area is much more concerned. i hope this helps. :)

xuetingg, wat was ur num durin wct?
congrats on passing the management :D anyway, was ur mgt on the 18th as well? im waitin for my call too... :-|

Hi Oohlala,

Thanks for the reply. So u can recommend me any good concealer? Is there a need to be water proof? Which brand is better?

Thanks for your help.

Joycee

oohlala
Regular
Regular

Post by oohlala » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:28 pm

starie! it was a pleasure knowing you. i hope you get thru for jal this sept. best wishes. n yes keep in touch! :kiss:

vic_kie, i have pm you!

joycee, dunch get me wrong. I did declare on the app form. but i did not conceal any of it. sorry.
but dun worry too much about a small birthmark. shouldn't be a problem. :)

starie

Post by starie » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:30 pm

oohlala wrote:starie! it was a pleasure knowing you. i hope you get thru for jal this sept. best wishes. n yes keep in touch! :kiss:

vic_kie, i have pm you!

joycee, dunch get me wrong. I did declare on the app form. but i did not conceal any of it. sorry.

(: (: (:
#^-^#
so sad i didt have the honour and the ability to work with you ):

LittleFish

Post by LittleFish » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:35 pm

garlic wrote:
LittleFish wrote:
garlic wrote:hello everybody,

i'm new here. have been constantly reading this forum since afew years back and it has really helped me alot in preparation for the interviews rds. now i have a problem and i hope someone can advise me.

i just went for my management round for the 15july recruitment. after the interview, i was told that i'm put on KIV as i still had around 6mths to my graduation(ard mid feb) from a local polytechnic.
the interviewer told me that they can't commit to me as 6months is quite a long period and that they'll write to me again. i asked the HR lady when but seems like she wasn't too sure either.
i wasn't told to go for the medical checkup too.. :(
anybody has come across this suituation before?
how are the chances like for KIV cases? will they still reject in the end?

hope i can get some answers here. thanks! :D
Hallo everyone, my very first post here =)

Hi Garlic, well my case is similar to yours but slightly shorter ie i will only graduate from uni this coming dec(~4months from now). However I still went ahead for the walk in interview (to gain exp mainly 'cos I wasnt sure they will accept me knowing i am still a student).

I was (still am) pleasantly surprised that i made it all the way to management level. The last question they asked was "any last question for us?" And naturally I brought this issue up. They assure me its fine, and i made it thru :D
Went for the medical checkup the very same day and thats about it. School start soon for me in a couple of weeks' time.

Good luck to all guys and gals!

cheers

Proviso: I am a guy btw.
hi littlefish,

thanks for your reply. :D
ya, actually i have heard of quite a number of cases where they still had quite afew mths till their availability but was still told to go for medical check nonetheless after their management round.
which was why i'm puzzled over my KIV status and what they mean by that.

the interviewers actually asked me during mgt interview if i was going to disrupt my studies which i said no. then i ask if it was possible for them to wait until i complete my studies but 1 of the interviewer say 6mths is too long a period to commit to me.

but they didn't say i pass my mgt nor reject me on the spot. just asked me to wait.

ya..
btw, my panel that day was a lady and a gentleman. yours?
:)
Ya, even the doc was surprised that I got thru and even asked me whether I am being sent by SIA to her or not =.="
Well, my panel that day was two 'uncles', and very nice ones somemore =D

did they pass u a form to fill up or something? I mean after the interview...

garlic

Post by garlic » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:57 pm

LittleFish wrote: did they pass u a form to fill up or something? I mean after the interview...
nah nothing, the HR lady simply said that they'll write to me again. but she did give me a no. to call just in case thou.

ha. lucky u. i felt that my mgt rd was quite intimidating. :P

guess there's nothing much i can do at the moment except wait patiently. :-|

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:58 pm

oohlala wrote:starie! it was a pleasure knowing you. i hope you get thru for jal this sept. best wishes. n yes keep in touch! :kiss:

vic_kie, i have pm you!

:D Thanks again oohlala for all the info.. really appreciate your help!! :D I too declared on the form when i tried that day.

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 1:22 am

Joycee wrote:
oohlala wrote:joycee, i must say i've got alot of marks on my hands n legs due to mild eczema. I even indicate in the application form n inform the beautician as well. But she just smiled n told me not to worry. Even during wct i passed e skin check. but 2 girls get booted out due to their acne.

congrats on passing the management :D anyway, was ur mgt on the 18th as well? im waitin for my call too... :-|

Hi Oohlala,

Thanks for the reply. So u can recommend me any good concealer? Is there a need to be water proof? Which brand is better?

Thanks for your help.

Joycee
i think Yves Saint Laurent's concealer is gd.. :lol:

xuetingg

Post by xuetingg » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 2:12 pm

veryscary wrote:xuetingg, know what, I was one of them who passed the final interview and put on KIV, required to go for a English coure as they said my conversation is not clear enough. I'll finish my course this Wednesday, after that need to email them to submit the cert for them to review. I hope everything will be alright like your friends. :)

ic... I think as long as they did not reject ya on the spot then ya should be confirmed selected for the job ba... As u know all those who did not pass their mgmt rd are informed straight after the interview. There is one girl from another forum, was told to wait for their call after the mgmt rd and she thought she did not make it. Then a few days later, sq really called her. Now she is about to finish her training. :wink:

xuetingg

Re: hihi

Post by xuetingg » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 2:33 pm

rurik0 wrote:hi xuetingg...
is this ur real name...? coz i met someone during mgmt round who told me that she failed 6mths ago and go in now. Is that you o.O? And also i would like to clarify sumting... when they say 6months, do they strictly mean 6months? As in, it must be past Jan18? If the recruitment is in Jan but earlier than 18th will i be breakin the 6months ban? And issit possible to try a lil earlier like dec or so...?
No.. xuetingg is my forum nick... hehe...
actually, I'm not every sure about the 6mths thingy too.. dun really know when shd we start counting the date, but according to my experience.. I never pass rd one after i failed my mgmt interview on late Jan 07, onli until the recent recruitment I pass rd one and went all the way to mgmt rd to get the job.... hehe..... Well, I think is better to wait after the 6 mths ban is over then go for the interview again otherwise like what many say will get blacklisted I think. Meanwhile, try to figure out what has went wrong during your interview cos i did that and personally feel that i really did better than my previous interview... jiayou.... :wink:

xuetingg

Post by xuetingg » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 2:42 pm

11.... urs?
thks thks....
no... on the 20th.. u?
ic.... hopefully, we quickly get our call.. et me knw if they call ya? :wink:

xuetingg

Post by xuetingg » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 2:43 pm

garlic wrote:
and dear xuetingg, thanks so much for your prompt reply.
hope things will go well like what u said and have fun during trng! :wink:
Welcome.... :wink:

Venezia

Post by Venezia » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 1:40 am

Hi

Anyone registering for reddot academy's STAR course this sunday?

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Post by zombofi » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:24 am

Venezia wrote:Hi

Anyone registering for reddot academy's STAR course this sunday?
I'm thinking of going....

oohlala
Regular
Regular

Post by oohlala » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 3:26 pm

xuetingg wrote: 11.... urs?
thks thks....
no... on the 20th.. u?
ic.... hopefully, we quickly get our call.. et me knw if they call ya? :wink:
hey i was number 18.. n my mgt int was on e 18th instead...
im waiting for the call too.. will let you noe! :)

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Re: hihi

Post by rurik0 » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:07 pm

xuetingg wrote:
rurik0 wrote:hi xuetingg...
is this ur real name...? coz i met someone during mgmt round who told me that she failed 6mths ago and go in now. Is that you o.O? And also i would like to clarify sumting... when they say 6months, do they strictly mean 6months? As in, it must be past Jan18? If the recruitment is in Jan but earlier than 18th will i be breakin the 6months ban? And issit possible to try a lil earlier like dec or so...?
No.. xuetingg is my forum nick... hehe...
actually, I'm not every sure about the 6mths thingy too.. dun really know when shd we start counting the date, but according to my experience.. I never pass rd one after i failed my mgmt interview on late Jan 07, onli until the recent recruitment I pass rd one and went all the way to mgmt rd to get the job.... hehe..... Well, I think is better to wait after the 6 mths ban is over then go for the interview again otherwise like what many say will get blacklisted I think. Meanwhile, try to figure out what has went wrong during your interview cos i did that and personally feel that i really did better than my previous interview... jiayou.... :wink:
yep i'd be w8ing 6 months since i've got a new job oredi!... Haha, so i guess ur not that person i mentioned. Coz my mgmt was on 18th, same s oohlala! >.< Will be w8in till next yr and try w/ starie haha... such a long w8. Hope it was coz of the bad things i said that i got booted, otherwise i cnt thing of any other reasons ... and hope i haven got blacklisted for saying those things either! T__T