Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 1:29 am

woah! so difficult to post pics using imageshack....got to log in n out...

astrogirl: i did 2 times on my lower eye bags. i think first one was bad - Macrolane. ideal was to fill up intead of evening out. but the filling up caused more pronounced eye-bags! it lasted 12 mths. boy! too long a wait to correct any skill or filler problem. then i went for a a temp one (not sure the filler type) it help to solve some hollowness n bumps from 1st fillers but did not solve my eye-bag problem. thus, lower bleph is still THE solution. again, choose yr doc carefully.

cheers!

astrogirl
Regular
Regular

Post by astrogirl » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 1:33 am

FlyingMice wrote:Have anyone did permanent hair remover before? Anyway how many
session does it takes for the hair to be permanently remove?
Hi FlyingMice

I did the IPL permanent hair removal for underarms. I must say it's well worth the money, in my opinion for myself anyway, no need to think if can wear sleeveless tops or not on any particular day!

Because there are active and inactive cycles for hair growth it takes at least 4 sessions, ideally 6-8 to be complete, it also depends on the individual hairy or not. The Dr can't tell which hair folicle is in which cycle though, no one can tell. I did only 4 sessions ( few years ago was very expensive lah, went to a PS!) and now just need to pluck the few strays, maybe 5-7 hairs on each underarm. When I finished my 4th session, I thought was complete until about 4 -5 months later, then some hairs started growing. I decided not to go back for anymore sessions and just pluck them. Before, each time it's like 1 -2 months wait for the hair growth to be visible, then the Dr can do the IPL. So it might be a year long thing to have complete hair removal.

For legs, it will be more expensive because of bigger surface area.
astrogirl

astrogirl
Regular
Regular

Post by astrogirl » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 1:46 am

DMN wrote:woah! so difficult to post pics using imageshack....got to log in n out...

astrogirl: i did 2 times on my lower eye bags. i think first one was bad - Macrolane. ideal was to fill up intead of evening out. but the filling up caused more pronounced eye-bags! it lasted 12 mths. boy! too long a wait to correct any skill or filler problem. then i went for a a temp one (not sure the filler type) it help to solve some hollowness n bumps from 1st fillers but did not solve my eye-bag problem. thus, lower bleph is still THE solution. again, choose yr doc carefully.

cheers!
Hi DMN
I did upper and lower bleph. My Dr told me that he did not remove fat, just repositioned it. Any experience/info of fat injection to fill up lower lid hollowness to share. Did you go Taiwan or Korea? I thought you mentioned some fat or fillers for your forehead right, nothing for eyes, just lower bleph? Please excuse me in case I remember wrongly, so many people here, sometimes can get a bit confused reading! :oops:
astrogirl

i's

Post by i's » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 2:15 am

hi astrogirl,

I hope you like your results :) I don't know much about injecting fat to lower lids...but I don't know if lower eye alloderm is same thing?? sorry

You said your doctor reposiioned fat in your eyes, was it the upper eyelids, and do you know how he went about it?

thank you

Hi DMN, I'm still kinda confused, so you got endoscopic brow lift? And does your brow lift doctor have a website??
thank you

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 2:36 am

astrogirl/i's: no, i did normal brow lift NOT endoscopic brow lift. dr. Jung, cut some skin n lift the muscles, which explained my scalp's sensitiveness.

i did below all with dr. Jung
fat grafting to my forehead & grove around my mouth
traditional (localized) brow lift,
rhinoplasty,
lower bleph, and,
scar and red veins removal.

herewith my eyebags before & after op:

http://img258.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 00k6m.smil

the one in daylight is before n the night in dimmed lights are after. i am most satisfied cos the bags r mostly gone and skin can only get better! :-)

sorry, cannot show brow lift diff. it is same as botox lift just tt this is permanent. BUT traditional lift cannot do same as endoscopic brow lift - lifting lid between brows n eyes n eye corners. i know ppl in 30s who did it and it gave them fresh looks again. coupled it with good skin regime or laser, some yrs can be reversed.

i's

Post by i's » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 3:07 am

wow, DMN,
you are brave to get all those procedures. I'm afraid of brow lifts to be honest. I heard that direct brow lift can leave scars.

How is your scarring for the direct (localized) brow lift (the one where they make incisions directly above or below brows) and do you feel brows are less droopy??

thank you again,

good luck with your healing :)

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 4:05 am

DMN wrote:Flymice/Astrogirl: I went to Dr Chee of Astique, Georgia Lee and Martin Huang. For brow is to lift - not for wrinkles. i am lucky cos no wrinkles around eyes in late 30s. All charge around the same despite receiving reg. customer discount -still not the cheapest in town. Chee being the cheapest. I trust all of them cos they hv high vol. This is impt if you dun wan an obvious botox-ed constant shock look. :P To me, cost is secondary. Skill is no. 1 priority. (But does not mean doc must be famous. High vol is more impt.)

I hv also tried diff types of fillers for lower eye bag but none r good. one type made it worse. In the end, dr. Jung's lower eyelid op works better. My eyebags r gone! Alamak, wasted all my money n time. :mad:

I'd fillers for my lower eyelids 4 days ago with a famous surgeon but it caused lumpiness and worsen my eyebags. I'm very depressed. DMN, may I know have you had Restylene injected before? I'm trying to correct my dark eye rings but this just doesn't work . And apparently the charges are not cheap. :cry:

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 4:08 am

candall wrote: hi kalyn

i had HA to correct my dark eye rings too!
the lumpiness will go after awhile
mine last only 3 mere weeks
sad!
bt my perlane lump is still there after nearly 4 years!
i have learned to live with it
Hi candall, the lumpiness caused is the filler itself or? For my case, when I feel it, I can fill the hard filler in lumps underneath my lower eyelids. :( Do you mean the effect only lasted for 3 weeks? What is perlane lump? Sorry for bombarding questions.. Thanks so much in advance!

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 4:11 am

Hi DMN, thanks for sharing your experiences. Can I ask you something in regards to Botox on Jaw?

I did Jaw Botox 1 and half months ago at Taipei with Dr. Chuang, along with my nose, lips reduction and cheek liposuction. There is no difference to my cheeks after the lipo (I'm still praying it's the swell and my cheeks will continue to be slimmer) :( However, I'm also concerned with the Botox. I do not see any effect or difference at all. May I know how long do I have to wait to see a difference to my jaws? Should I go for another jab with a local doctor? Dr Chuang told me that the first jab can last up to 6 months, but I don't see anything! :(

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:28 am

hi kalyn

restylane and perlane are from the same manufacturer
former last 6 mths thus cheaper
latter last 9-12 mths
former usually used for fine lines
latter used for deeper grooves or heavy skin area
;this is what i learned from the PS.

my perlane lump is near to eye cheek region at the outer corner
my subsequent hylaform injection was near the inner corner below the eyes.
i was persuaded by the doctor lor said can ease my dark eye ring
but it lasted only 3 weeks and the bruise was 1 week
all in all i enjoyed only 2 weeks :cry:

one of my fren also said its nt worth the trouble at all
but the hylaform lump went away quickly
i guess since restylane is of fine viscosity like restylane it should go away eventually
so relax n enjoy

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:37 am

hi kalyn

i did my botox jaw 4 years back
i went back after 5-6 mths after the 1st session
i missed my 2nd session which to be done after 1-2 mths from the 1st;
the 2nd session was supposed to prolong the effects to 2 years.

anyway the 2nd session last longer than the 1st, think 9mths-1 year
then i went for another 2 sessions which lasted long time
recently i find myself chubby again
so juz did my no.5!!
this time i must make sure i follow up within 1 mth
the dr said who knows i might nt need it ever again :lol:

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:46 am

oh kalyn

since u juz did lipo on ur cheeks the swell is nt completely down
be more patient
doctor tell me botox react different for different patient
the overall slimming effect can reach peak 3-4 mths
then it start plateau off
tats why the booster shot is impt
but i personally felt u must be careful nt to rush into more cos u don want end up looking gunt
this has happened for my fren
she went to another dr without telling she done hers
so she look v haggard and eyes sunken for a really long time after the botox final effect

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:50 am

hi DMN

thks for posting the pic
sorry i havent done rhino cant give much info
nose looks fine and natural :)

u did closed or open lower bleph?
d u reposition the fats?

thanks

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:18 am

kalyn wrote:Hi DMN, thanks for sharing your experiences. Can I ask you something in regards to Botox on Jaw?

I did Jaw Botox 1 and half months ago at Taipei with Dr. Chuang, along with my nose, lips reduction and cheek liposuction. There is no difference to my cheeks after the lipo (I'm still praying it's the swell and my cheeks will continue to be slimmer) :( However, I'm also concerned with the Botox. I do not see any effect or difference at all. May I know how long do I have to wait to see a difference to my jaws? Should I go for another jab with a local doctor? Dr Chuang told me that the first jab can last up to 6 months, but I don't see anything! :(
Sorry Kay Poh again here ....

Botox on jaw: You should have seen some "slimming" on the sides where your jaw muscles are (bite your teeth and feel the muscles on the sides) by the 2nd to 3rd week post injection. Worst case, 4 weeks- if however, you still feel the muscles when you bite your teeth, then am afraid the botox did not work at all. However, if you do NOT feel any bulk there and yet you look the same prior to botox, then yours was probably not a case of excessive muscles but simply fats or large facial bone contour, in which case only shaving can make a significant difference. Botox works for those with overly strong muscles (behind the teeth) that become bulky over time, NOT fats or bone.

Nose: Now, tell us how do you like Dr Chuang's work? I know he might say its early days yet but you can at least see 50% of the work by now.

Lip reduction: Oh ... I love this one, have been wanting to reduce my overly lucious lips for one decade now.... just do not have the courage to do so cause it might wrack my entire lips or face.... plenty of blood vessels there so must be ultra competent. Share with us your experience.

Cheek Lipo: Had it done 4 years ago and must admit it reduced the baby fats fast. I was bruised and swelled up like a ballon for a good 4 weeks! Was it worth it? OH boy ... it had to be yes.... loved the result. You might need a larger or longer chin to compliment a cheek lipo because the result can vary and may not be as dramatic as you wish.

Cheers

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by kwelll » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:38 am

DMN wrote:foubelle: at the moment, i can 'play' with my brows. but not as much as i used to n seems will revert as it heals. given a choice again, i wld certainly do endoscopdic brow lift cos it will lift oso the upper eye lid and corner of eyes.

btw:
am attaching a side profile of my nose.

the hump on tip is supposed to flatten over time as tip lengthen over time.

(ANYONE with similar hump-ed tip postoperative 1 mth and it did flatten n lengthen over time??? Also, seems the hump comes from some cartilage-feeling stuff right under the alar - below the bridge. When I clean they r causing blockage. What r they??? Permanent features or will drop or will downsize over time??? Quite blur.)

one can see that the alar is still below tip from side and was told as tip moves down the alar will be higher.

the projection is still not ideals considering above. i have 5 more months to hold my breath....

http://img258.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 302xj.smil
Hi,

Saw your photo link of your nose and cant help but to comment. Don`t mind.... am fanatical about noses:))

Join the club i`ll say! Dr Jung is consistent when it comes to the highest point of the bridge - yours is a nice height well spaced in between your eyes; good width and thickness (IMO). Mine is higher though.

Now, i think he gave you the same shape of nose (middle portion curved) which is unacceptable on my face. It looks fine on a lady's though.

Tip: The story starts here. Am sorry dear... but I have to be honest with you that your tip is very up-turned making the nostrils even more visible (you wanted to conceal it to begin, yes?) I know its the residual swelling but the tip would not drop very much - maybe 30% thats it . If anyone tells you otherwise, they could be abit far fetching. Again, this is my opinion only and from what I have seen so far in others. I think you most definitely need to work on your nostrils in September. I believe you had a really short septum. Personally, I would recommend a Columellar Strut to bring forward your tip so that your nostrils are naturally "hidden" without resorting to changing cartilage wings etc. It is very popular in Japan and works very well.

But... give it another 1 month max to reassess because 6 months is alittle too long for anyone to believe (sometimes one has to question the validity of such claims even from the doc's office). Those with more patience would do well in plastic surgery, I feel.

LOL