Singapore Expats

CANCELLED - Volleyball KM8 Sentosa SAT 28th JULY

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

CANCELLED - Volleyball KM8 Sentosa SAT 28th JULY

Post by bigdaddi » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:41 am

Again, set for 1pm and is expected to finish a little earlier than normal. Instead of our usual finish time of around 7-7.30pm, it will be around 5-6pm as many of us have another function we need to go to afterwards so if you want a game, the earlier you come, the more games you can fit in.

As usual, any newbies let me know who you are and if you can pm me your contact so that you can contact me on the beach if you cant find us.

Id normally text on the morning to confirm or cancel the meet ... but considering whats happened in the past, its a go ahead regardless unless its looking really really bad on the morning!!!!! Even last Sat, its was cats and dogs all over the island and even a very light shower when we first started playing but soon afterwards, perfect volleyball weather and we again played all the way to the end in lovely dry conditions! Another record 12 games, im nursing a sprained ankle and uncertain if i can play football tomorrow! :cry:

Anyways, have a good week everyone and see ya Sat!!!

Players ....

Me,
Debs,
Alberto!!! (happy now?) :wink:
Fraser
Bobby + Co!
Claire

PS its Bobby's birthday this Sat so it looks like its going to be a combo event!!!!!
Last edited by bigdaddi on Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and live like there's no tomorrow!

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

NOT HAPPY!!!!!

Post by Asdracles » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:57 pm

Hey, you just added me when I told you I cant this week?? :D

We have a big tournament saturday and sunday, working both days 1pm-7pm, so I will join you guys later, for the "second function". But sadly, no beach volley this week....

Mavrik23

Post by Mavrik23 » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 1:34 pm

Well Well...The Gas BBQ, which is both pool and riverside is now booked for Saturday night. We will be the first booking to break in the new Gas grill. So now that we have worked out the kinks with this past weekends BBQ (like not getting lost in VivoCity parking lot before BBQ, and that shooters at 5:30am are not such a good idea). So if we plan to leave Sentosa on time we can all get a swim in and such before the fire up the brand new grill. The new area also has ice chests that we can fill up with beer and lock before volleyball so that after beverages will be icy cold.
Adventure: The Pursuit of Life

ganil_kumar

Forgive him

Post by ganil_kumar » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 2:19 pm

Alberto,

Looks like bigdaddy hadn't returned to normalcy when he posted the message after the all night dance party.

Anil

CAT777
Regular
Regular

Post by CAT777 » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 2:29 pm

Fell sick after weekend ...especially after looooong Sat nite and standing in the rain on Sunday early morning :lol: ...hope to recover and join you guys this Sat
Сингапурский котенок

bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

Post by bigdaddi » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 4:08 pm

Mavrik23 wrote:Well Well...The Gas BBQ, which is both pool and riverside is now booked for Saturday night. We will be the first booking to break in the new Gas grill. So now that we have worked out the kinks with this past weekends BBQ (like not getting lost in VivoCity parking lot before BBQ, and that shooters at 5:30am are not such a good idea). So if we plan to leave Sentosa on time we can all get a swim in and such before the fire up the brand new grill. The new area also has ice chests that we can fill up with beer and lock before volleyball so that after beverages will be icy cold.
Sweet! and no need for coal that's not really coal!!! :D Love the ice chests .. thats wicked!

Players and chillers ...

Me,
Debs,
Anil,
Fraser
Bobby + Co!
Claire,
Damon

Diana - to confirm

Sorry Alberto! I guess you're safe from me kicking your ass in Chess for another week! \:D/
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and live like there's no tomorrow!

eddie_b

Post by eddie_b » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:33 am

hi.

still not sure if i can make it this sat. will be playing tour guide to my friend who will be arriving on fri.

ill ask my friend if i can drag him along :D

rcsw86

Post by rcsw86 » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 6:11 am

hey guys! just saw you guys on TNP mid-page! Just thought I'd pop by!

Personally I've been looking for vball kakis myself, quite delighted when I saw the feature!

A bit shy shy though, heh, coz it seems there's a wide age gap between you guys and me, and add to the fact, I'm Singaporean...

you guys welcome less older people? :D (trying to sound politically correct here haha)

Hit me back?

Cheers guys!

-Roy
i don't have good signatures that are one of a kind

jameseoff
Regular
Regular

Post by jameseoff » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 3:24 pm

Everybody bring their 'A' game\
'cause I'm back in town
( and with a new Chelsea Jersey)
If you don't know where Ur Headed, U won't know when U get there

bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

With regret .....

Post by bigdaddi » Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:06 am

It is with deep regret that after almost 4 months of weekly volleyball, im going to have to call this one off ...

Its just that a lot of the regular die hard players are either away on hols or not able to make it on Sat plus many of us have time conflicting engagements and its getting really difficult to plan for this one as i cant accomodate everyones time needs so best to let this one slide and try again next week ...

Really sorry for those keen to play ... believe me, i didnt want to cancel but it has to be done so have a good week and weekend everyone and watch this space for the next one ....

Man .. i was going for a unbeaten stretch but ah well, com se, com sa!

jameseoff
Regular
Regular

Post by jameseoff » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 1:14 pm

The depths of my Depression cannot be expressed in words
If you don't know where Ur Headed, U won't know when U get there

kirill

Post by kirill » Sat, 28 Jul 2007 3:47 am

It was my first time in 6 weeks that I could make it ((. Will be there anyway around 2-2.30 p.m.. To play or not to play.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

You are free....

Post by Asdracles » Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:13 pm

I could guess that, as Im working with some of your pupils today, lol

So i wish you can play this week!!