Singapore Expats

over 30 years old, anyone heard of who got the job?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
the*Shoes

over 30 years old, anyone heard of who got the job?

Post by the*Shoes » Fri, 20 Jul 2007 4:06 pm

Hi there,

I wonder if there are some chances for over 30s to be flight attendant?
It might be possible for ex-crew members to jump in to other companies, but having no crew-experience, would be hopeful?

i am very anxious... because i really want to the job... :( :(
Ethihad fixed the age range to 30 years old...
sob..sob...sob... :cry:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 20 Jul 2007 4:12 pm

No need to cry :P British Airways have no upper age limit for cabin crew - it's illegal in the UK. However, if you are tempted make sure your both your English and Chinese (written and spoken) are good the test is quite severe.

Only disadvantage; you will be on the same route permanently. Females have more rights than in Singapore; you cannot be sacked for being pregnant or given a contract which says you may not become so and if you are you have to be provided maternity leave with pay. Women also have the right to work as long as men.

I would imagine the same rules would apply to their Singaporean staff.

the*Shoes

Post by the*Shoes » Fri, 20 Jul 2007 4:46 pm

Thank you Plavit for the message.

I know most of western airlines companies don't set age limit...... (to show to the public??? )...

I am quite curious if anyone got hired after 30 years with no ex-crew experience...

What i am thinking about the advertisement-no age limit-... it is just to show off to the public, meaning, we don't discriminate by age...

I wonder if there are anyone got hired in their over 30ties as fresh entry to the job... :cry: :cry:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 20 Jul 2007 5:12 pm

the*Shoes wrote:Thank you Plavit for the message.
What i am thinking about the advertisement-no age limit-... it is just to show off to the public, meaning, we don't discriminate by age...
No, as I mentioned in my previous post: age discrimination is illegal in the UK: it is and act of Parliament. Should you fly in Europe you will notice the cabin crew are a wide variety of ages.

Although there are sometimes exceptions to the law cabin crew are not amongst them. Hope this clarifies.

Ps: Budget carriers that fly within Europe are always recruiting staff: long hours low pay.

jan80

Post by jan80 » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:21 am

Hi the shoes,

I have heard from my friends that even SIA is recruiting people in their early thirities without crew experience.In the recent UA interview,there were people in their thirties being shortlisted for the first round.Some were without crew experience,so you can still give it a try :D

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 1:11 pm

jan80 wrote:Hi the shoes,

I have heard from my friends
....Be a good idea if you found out for a fact. :roll:

the*Shoes

Post by the*Shoes » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 9:54 pm

Hi Jan80, SIA recruiting in early 30ies? I will give it a try...
Let's see what happens. :D

beenhoon

Post by beenhoon » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:15 pm

give it a try ba.... i guess no harm trying out.

i mentioned b4 that my friend told me that her ex-colleague got in SIA at 30yrs old and she went for the interview early this year, think in april. my friend was surprised when she know that the colleague got thru! :o

maybe the ex-colleague look young, and doesn't look like 30yrs old? haha, i duno..

the thread on SIA also mentioned that there are girls who are 30, 31, passed thru the round 1 group interview, i think. so i guess there are the chances where older girls are being recruited. and plus maybe now, there is the demand/need for more crews in SIA.

for myself, i tried for SIA last year (3 times). there are girls in my gp interviews who are 28, 29 that pass the gp interviews. but as for whether they did make it till then end, i am not sure cos i didn't keep in touch with them.

give it a try ba.... nothing to lose. :)

the*Shoes

Post by the*Shoes » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:57 pm

:D Sure.

When is the next recruiting from SIA? looks it is quite frequent.
Let me know, then I will post if i get it through... give more hope to oldies... :D

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:00 pm

Hi,

I would assume that so long as you look youthful and you fit into the image of the Singapore Girl, you should be able to try out for it.
Ishi Liu Yu Hao, Rest In Peace my eternal friend.

jan80

Post by jan80 » Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:02 pm

the*Shoes wrote:Hi Jan80, SIA recruiting in early 30ies? I will give it a try...
Let's see what happens. :D
Hi,
Yup,i got friends who have batch girls in their 30s.Ua has also shortlisted several people in their 30s for the final round. :D

corines143
Chatter
Chatter

Post by corines143 » Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:44 pm

hey there.. as long as u know you look young and you got good skin and u speak fluent english. even if u dont have any crew experience. you stand a very high chance. just go n try it out. dont ask too much info cos u are intimidatijng yourself. SIA is really open nowadays just that theres long queue for their interviews.

all the best to you.
SingaporeGIrl - I wanna fly!! hehe

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:48 am

Most Western Airliners...Do Not Set Age Limit On Their CC Recruitment....It is just illegal to do so....No HIV test or water test or skin check........discrimination issues....They dont even need skin check..... aussies have better skin than asian due to our hot and humid weather....

For Asian Airliners...SIA...MAS...JAL...etcs....All those mention above are necessary... Just go and give it a try....

Whether You get eliminated or not..we will never know...some get in...some just dont.....lets face it.....But GO AND TRY.....

Bambi

Post by Bambi » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 4:57 pm

Hi, i have a friend who is one of SQ ex-recruiter. He ever said to me, doesnt mean you are short, you cant serve well than the taller ones.. doesnt mean you are old, you cant do better than the younger ones. Its all about how you present yourself.

So, if you think you want the job..go get it before you regret it. :wink:

the*Shoes

Post by the*Shoes » Mon, 23 Jul 2007 5:37 pm

Guys, thank you so much for the encouragement. I feel like i get the job soon. :D :D :D

At this moment, I am collecting all info about FA recruitment...including this website.

I found they post on straight times. on which day, do airliners mostly release advertisement ? friday? saturday? or no specific days?