Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
king87

Re: hi

Post by king87 » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 5:38 pm

Yoonyiah wrote:Whew, ok let me start out by saying, Dr. Jung knows what he's doing...
It's been a little over a month or so since I've gotten my nose done by Dr. Jung. Whew, let me tell you, people can repeat it many times, but seriously you never know until you go through it yourself: plastic surgery is an emotional rollercoaster!!!!

When I first saw my nose, I went to Dr. Jung and I almost cried in his office. Initially, I cried when the splint was taken off while I was at home. Then I went to his office and almost cried there...Yes, I was a weiner. People can't say it enough, you look in the mirror and don't see you, and that has an incredible emotional impact. Even worse, is the fact that when you first get your nose done and the cast is taken off, THAT'S NOT HOW YOUR NOSE IS GOING TO LOOK!! Well, at least if you get your nose lengthened like I did. I looked like a wreck, and when i went to Dr. Jung I told him, "I want my old nose back!"

When the cast was taken off, my nose had an incredibly bulbous tip like a pig's, it was NOT PRETTY. Dr. Jung had the kindest, most honest, soothing words to say to me, this comes from his experience and a gift he has for making his patients calm down and feel less emotional. How many doctors do you know that can have this effect?? Not many. You can tell that Dr. Jung is very passionate about his craft, he is an artiste and caring Doctor at the same time!

Dr. Jung took my ear cartilige and impacted it in my nose tip to lengthen it. When I went to his office, almost in tears about my pig nose and incredibly low bridge, he gently laughed and told me "don't worry, beauty is a process. The skin in your nose is slowly stretching and will take a leaner, longer, more balanced look with time. Your bridge looks low because the glabella and tissue around your nose is swollen" ...beauty is a process...that's actually very poetic and I also want to mention that Dr. Jung's English is very good for someone who has Korean as a first language...He seriuosly knows what he's talking about!!

I looked HORRIBLE at first, but with time, my nose has taken shape gradually. Think about it, if you're impacting cartilage in the tip of your nose, and causing all this trauma to your nose,...it's going to look wack! Your nose has just undergone alot of trauma so it is swollen and bleeding internally!

In life, the way that you treat people is sooo important. I believe that Dr. Jung has such great business because not only is he a gifted surgeon and artist, he knows how to treat people. People remember the way that you've treated them, word gets around. This is why his business is booming!

Now as for Dr. Jung's style...Let me say this...Dr. Jung's style is very,very natural. Well, all I know is that I REQUESTED a VERY NATURAL look and he definitely delivered...

I don't have the "perfect actress nose," whatever that's supposed to be, but all I know is that my nose looks natural, and has a balanced look that I feel is "perfect" for my own face shape. The "perfect nose" on one actress may not look perfect on your own individual face. My worst nightmare is to have a nose that looks fake, because once that happens it's hard to go back. Think about it, all that trauma to your nose. Man, it took a while for the swelling to go down and my nose hurt and felt totally TORE UP at first.

If anyone has any questions I'll reply to the best of my ability, though I am very busy job- hunting in a new city at the moment...
so sorry if I can't get back to everyone...

I hope that helped people~

ciao~ ^^
remember to leave him a seemingly deserved testi.. = )

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Post by Hannah Lee » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 6:33 pm

Yoonyiah wrote:Whew, ok let me start out by saying, Dr. Jung knows what he's doing...
It's been a little over a month or so since I've gotten my nose done by Dr. Jung. Whew, let me tell you, people can repeat it many times, but seriously you never know until you go through it yourself: plastic surgery is an emotional rollercoaster!!!!

When I first saw my nose, I went to Dr. Jung and I almost cried in his office. Initially, I cried when the splint was taken off while I was at home. Then I went to his office and almost cried there...Yes, I was a weiner. People can't say it enough, you look in the mirror and don't see you, and that has an incredible emotional impact. Even worse, is the fact that when you first get your nose done and the cast is taken off, THAT'S NOT HOW YOUR NOSE IS GOING TO LOOK!! Well, at least if you get your nose lengthened like I did. I looked like a wreck, and when i went to Dr. Jung I told him, "I want my old nose back!"

When the cast was taken off, my nose had an incredibly bulbous tip like a pig's, it was NOT PRETTY. Dr. Jung had the kindest, most honest, soothing words to say to me, this comes from his experience and a gift he has for making his patients calm down and feel less emotional. How many doctors do you know that can have this effect?? Not many. You can tell that Dr. Jung is very passionate about his craft, he is an artiste and caring Doctor at the same time!

Dr. Jung took my ear cartilige and impacted it in my nose tip to lengthen it. When I went to his office, almost in tears about my pig nose and incredibly low bridge, he gently laughed and told me "don't worry, beauty is a process. The skin in your nose is slowly stretching and will take a leaner, longer, more balanced look with time. Your bridge looks low because the glabella and tissue around your nose is swollen" ...beauty is a process...that's actually very poetic and I also want to mention that Dr. Jung's English is very good for someone who has Korean as a first language...He seriuosly knows what he's talking about!!

I looked HORRIBLE at first, but with time, my nose has taken shape gradually. Think about it, if you're impacting cartilage in the tip of your nose, and causing all this trauma to your nose,...it's going to look wack! Your nose has just undergone alot of trauma so it is swollen and bleeding internally!

In life, the way that you treat people is sooo important. I believe that Dr. Jung has such great business because not only is he a gifted surgeon and artist, he knows how to treat people. People remember the way that you've treated them, word gets around. This is why his business is booming!

Now as for Dr. Jung's style...Let me say this...Dr. Jung's style is very,very natural. Well, all I know is that I REQUESTED a VERY NATURAL look and he definitely delivered...

I don't have the "perfect actress nose," whatever that's supposed to be, but all I know is that my nose looks natural, and has a balanced look that I feel is "perfect" for my own face shape. The "perfect nose" on one actress may not look perfect on your own individual face. My worst nightmare is to have a nose that looks fake, because once that happens it's hard to go back. Think about it, all that trauma to your nose. Man, it took a while for the swelling to go down and my nose hurt and felt totally TORE UP at first.

If anyone has any questions I'll reply to the best of my ability, though I am very busy job- hunting in a new city at the moment...

ciao~ ^^
So glad you like your nose now! I almost wanted to cry at first when I saw my new nose, it was a shock to me too. But now I love it. I guess Dr. Jung is used to overly emo and shocked patients reacting to their new noses.

I totally trust Dr. Jung's skills too, I asked for natural and I got something that looks like my own nose but much better. It doesn't look too fake or pointy, its not a perfect actress nose, but I couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

My thoughts

Post by kwelll » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 7:39 pm

i personally like korean artiste noses
very natural[/quote]

Hi,

I used to think those enhanced Korean noses were natural as one cannot detect the implant from the skin (think of ugly edges that give it away) but more importantly, their tip is very natural nice and round not pointed. However, I now realised that the width of the implant is so important because it can be unnatural on some faces too, even with the best surgical skills.

In my opinion, the bottom line is how well the shape and size of the enhanced nose stand on its own in relation to the rest of your features, especially the eyes as they do go hand in hand. If it becomes too prominent, it will detract. Sometimes, I find that too well fashioned a nose looks rather too perfect on a face that is less than perfect if you get my drift. You really want a nose that is HARMONIC and not one that simply stands out on its own even if it looks 'perfect' from all angles. You would also have realised that most nasal augmentation often (not always) come with chin enlargement as well because again, your profile speaks a thousand words.

Whilst my third rhinoplasty is nothing surprising to the core, it is still a learning process for me - it is never close to what I had envisaged (not now at least) because while some areas were corrected (nostril shape), others fall short (bridge lower than original and uneven), tip is still darn rounded, something I dread before happened and I only pray it will become smaller and more defined with time. If not, here we go again !

Thus, know exactly what you want and wish because one can never get too fussy - it is after all COSMETIC and we own it to ourselves the best modern science can give us. I could not live with the dent on the bridge so had it filled up today - oh boy am I now a happy bunny !!! BUT .... I still have to be patient with my tip which is causing me some grief ! LOL

Be precise guys, do not settle for second raters because we only wanted the very best in the first place. Its not uncommon to have revisions albeit I absolutely dislike the idea with my poor nose. It is beautiful when it is right in one's eye because beauty is in the eye of the beholder and only YOU know it best.

Cheers

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 7:54 pm

Hannah Lee wrote:

ciao~ ^^
So glad you like your nose now! I almost wanted to cry at first when I saw my new nose, it was a shock to me too. But now I love it. I guess Dr. Jung is used to overly emo and shocked patients reacting to their new noses.

I totally trust Dr. Jung's skills too, I asked for natural and I got something that looks like my own nose but much better. It doesn't look too fake or pointy, its not a perfect actress nose, but I couldn't have asked for a better outcome.
Hi Hannah,

Glad you are enjoying the look of your enhanced nose - it is a wonderful feeling I know and I do wish everyone share the same in due course. I do agree Dr Jung priority is safety first, function second follow by cosmestic appearance. His works of art are very apparently natural and not exaggerated unlike some other doctors - but must admit I did see some very lovely noses on the street of Seoul (my type anyway) and cannot help but question how many talented surgeons that are around. For anyone's money worth, Dr Jung is your best bet although his style and shape of nose might differ from person to person, which is entirely normal. I would go further to comment that his works are not the strong type (defined) in anyway rather subtle improvements. I also noticed he tends to have a specific shape (mid portion tends to have a slight curve - go through his works) like those of ski slope more suitable for the average woman.

Enjoy!
Last edited by kwelll on Wed, 18 Jul 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fushiacotton

Post by fushiacotton » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:51 pm

WHitE wrote:
FlyingMice wrote:Hi White,

will u be doing nose tip refining? Dr Chuang is a local doctor?
Hi FlyingMice,

Likely I will be doing nose tip refining, i'll let him decide.
Dr Chuang is from Taiwan. I will be going there in Sept.

if im not wrong shoegirl is going in september too.

fushiacotton

Post by fushiacotton » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:52 pm

candall wrote:hi fushiacotton

ya i only realise when i asked for the price of filler

previously i used to visit him often
until he merge with other doctors
before he do a lot patient a day
cos everytime i m there a few will be going on
bt i nvr asked cos at that time it juz nvr occured to me my nose is flat haha
guess no time look mirror

lol. so you have not been going to him already? I might consider going to him, if his skills are good. 1200 is seriously cheap for a nose. That's why I have doubts.

fushiacotton

Post by fushiacotton » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:54 pm

king87 wrote:

ciao~ ^^
remember to leave him a seemingly deserved testi.. = )

that's great. at least you are satisfied with your nose. haha. :D how long did your nose start to look natural?

Jang
Regular
Regular

Re: Vaser

Post by Jang » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 1:54 am

Hi takuda,

This is the website for Dr BC Ng, you can try to e-mail him directly or call him on his mobile.

http://www.bcng.com.sg/

Cheers :wink:
Beauty Korea 장
[email protected]

i's

Post by i's » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 9:27 am

hi i's

haha i m so happy the links are in the old laptop
at one time i was using four laptop plus office desktop!
i have this bad habit saving links everywhere so i wasnt sure what i could find out for u.

honestly i nvr had a good read just browse thru these two: maybe can give u some idea

1st one is TWN, sorry the korean PS for the boy change to gal PS is this web..must have got confused
2nd one is shenzhen, do share what's interesting

http://www.sappho.com.tw/

http://www.boai.com/Template/ShowInfo.a ... 1094727827
Hi guys, how are you all doing?

Thank you again candall for posting the two links.

so are these the docs that your friend recc? and that take forever to book an appointment with?

I checked out the pictures, with the help of my kind mother...haha

And pictures look really lovely, I am impressed by the boai ones esp, though both are nice, Sappho has more before and afters, though...
which doesn't say everything.

You guys should see the pics...

Has anyone had any experience with or know of anyone who went to either place to get double eyelid surgery?

Hope this helps,

ttyl,
i's :)

ellin18
Regular
Regular

Hi All

Post by ellin18 » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 5:35 pm

Hi All,

I have just came back from Taiwan and did PS with Dr Chuang.
Here is my contribution: -

1st day (9th July): Consultation - I have waited for 4 hours. My consultation was fixed at 4pm but only managed to see Dr Chuang at 8pm. He gave his opinion about my face. Prior to that, I have decided on rhino, eyes and dimples. Eventually these were changed to I-implant rhino and mepolar surgery (chin surgery). Dr Chuang suggested I should be doing these two surgeries and I do not need dimples.

2nd day (10th July): Surgery day - My surgery was fixed at 5pm but it was delayed to 7pm. I have not been eating since 11 am as I will be receiving general anaesthesia (need to fast for 8 hours!). Damn hungry. I was very nervous when on the surgery bed looking at the surgery lights and all but eventually, I was knocked out. When I finally awake, I was too hungry and the first thing that came to my mind at that point was food! I asked for a glass of milk. However, I vomited everything out after that. The nurses were really nice because they said it was good for me to puke. Damn pai seh as my puke was all over the bed. When I reached hotel, I saw my face was swelling like a balloon and bandaged like mummies.

3rd day to 6th day: Recovering period – Sigh.... Taiwan has so many good foods. I went to night markets and ate a lot of things although I cant really chew. Sometimes, I swallow the food without chewing... he..he...
7th day: I went to see Dr Chuang for a check-up before flying back to Singapore. Damn unlucky, I have to re-stitch the wound in my mouth because I overstretch my wound due to eating. The open wound will cause infection if not treated. It was a painful experience. At this point I still have bruises around my eyes and I cant talk very much. I looked like an alien. When I was flying back, I have to request SIA provides me with liquid meals. Sigh...

Now: My bruises have faded and my nose starts to shape up. The results are ok.. I will give 6/10 for Dr Chuang overall performance and services.

cheers

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hi All

Post by kwelll » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 6:40 pm

ellin18 wrote:Hi All,

I have just came back from Taiwan and did PS with Dr Chuang.
Here is my contribution: -

1st day (9th July): Consultation - I have waited for 4 hours. My consultation was fixed at 4pm but only managed to see Dr Chuang at 8pm. He gave his opinion about my face. Prior to that, I have decided on rhino, eyes and dimples. Eventually these were changed to I-implant rhino and mepolar surgery (chin surgery). Dr Chuang suggested I should be doing these two surgeries and I do not need dimples.

2nd day (10th July): Surgery day - My surgery was fixed at 5pm but it was delayed to 7pm. I have not been eating since 11 am as I will be receiving general anaesthesia (need to fast for 8 hours!). Damn hungry. I was very nervous when on the surgery bed looking at the surgery lights and all but eventually, I was knocked out. When I finally awake, I was too hungry and the first thing that came to my mind at that point was food! I asked for a glass of milk. However, I vomited everything out after that. The nurses were really nice because they said it was good for me to puke. Damn pai seh as my puke was all over the bed. When I reached hotel, I saw my face was swelling like a balloon and bandaged like mummies.

3rd day to 6th day: Recovering period – Sigh.... Taiwan has so many good foods. I went to night markets and ate a lot of things although I cant really chew. Sometimes, I swallow the food without chewing... he..he...
7th day: I went to see Dr Chuang for a check-up before flying back to Singapore. Damn unlucky, I have to re-stitch the wound in my mouth because I overstretch my wound due to eating. The open wound will cause infection if not treated. It was a painful experience. At this point I still have bruises around my eyes and I cant talk very much. I looked like an alien. When I was flying back, I have to request SIA provides me with liquid meals. Sigh...

Now: My bruises have faded and my nose starts to shape up. The results are ok.. I will give 6/10 for Dr Chuang overall performance and services.

cheers
\\

Hi,

Thanks for sharing with us your experience - I do appreciate your thoughts because it must have been a difficult time the first 3 days with the massive swelling, bleeding and bruising, especially when you are on your own. Others are lucky to have mates or parents with them which is very comforting.

Hope your augmented nose and chin turns out fine. Did Dr Chuang use silicone or Mephor for the chin? He told me the latter is similar to bone and allows tissues to grow around and into it (wow) so it would be in place albeit Silicone has been used for the longest time safely. You might have some buises around your chin later, but it you will see.

I only wish all that we go through would turn out well for all and more. Happy recovering in the comforts of your own home. Keep us posted with photos if possible.

Cheerio

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:42 pm

Hope you've a fast recovery Ellin! You could still eat after the surgery, I can't even chew properly and was really frustrated during that period, now thinking back, it was such a waste to miss all the good food in Taiwan! :lol:

Anyway people, I just had Resylene filler injected this morning under my eyes to fill the "groove" that is said will correct my undereye circles. However, I'm facing uneven swelling(left eye swells more than right),redness and tenderness. It seems to worsen my eyebags! Anyone had such experience with fillers before? Is this normal? I'm afraid the doctor had injected TOO MUCH causing an obvious lump. Though my doctor is known to be reputable, I'm still really worried. Does anyone know when will the swelling subside for this kinda filler issue?

Thanks in advance!!

i's

Post by i's » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:05 pm

Hi kalyn,

i'm sorry to hear about your concerns. I know another girl who get restalyne injected to help her eyelid fold properly, and she said it was very bumpy for a while. Ithink like a week later or so it's been getting better. So you should probably wait it out some more.

good luck

Hi Ellin,

thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Chuang.

Good luck with your healing and i hope you like everything

i's :)

mynose!

Post by mynose! » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:07 pm

has anyone hade lip enhancement done inkorea?...would u guys know how much it costs roughly?

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Fri, 20 Jul 2007 2:13 am

hmmm, i dunno if you ppl have noticed but i tink felicia chin went for a double eyelid job recently. its rather obvious cos i tink they are still in the recovery stage. so for those ppl tinking of doing double eyelid, you can check out her recent photos.. esp when she filming the new and upcoming honour show.. something to do with army one tat show..

so for those ppl who dunwan to let ppl know you did eyelid surgery, well, your eyelid will look something like felicia chin's current eyelids for about 1-2 months. it can be concealed with dark coloured eyeshadow but if others look carefully, it'll still be obvious.. so maybe u wan to do some planning for the recovery time.. oh! but if you wear thick frame specs, it wun be obvious.