Singapore Expats

HINDU PUJA

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
PREETAMSUNILSINGH

HINDU PUJA

Post by PREETAMSUNILSINGH » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 2:45 pm

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE TELL ME IN WHICH DIRECTION DOES ONE PLACE THE STATUES OF GOD IN PUJA ROOM IS IT EAST FACING OR NORTH FACING ?

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:06 pm

haahhaha :???: sorry but i thought only Muslims would be particular in wch direction they prayed to ..i never knew Indians also have such a thing
Always have a smile on that face!

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Hindu Pooja

Post by prkravi » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:19 pm

Hindu Gods should always face east or west.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 4:40 pm

chixchix wrote:haahhaha :???: sorry but i thought only Muslims would be particular in wch direction they prayed to ..i never knew Indians also have such a thing
Interestingly enough all religions seem to have similar symbolism.

Christian Churches should at least traditionally be build east west direction and the altar should be in the east end of the church. Refering originally to Jerusalem being in the east (looking from Europe), but also other reasons such as prayers facing the light and that it was considered the direction from where Christ would return on judgment day.

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

East / West

Post by prkravi » Thu, 19 Jul 2007 5:54 pm

True,
If you start analysing the various religions. the truth boils down to the Same thing, only difference i feel is in the packaging.
And that too looks more of a geographical thing to me. For eg:- You dont wear sweaters in African Dessert and you dont wear Bikinis in Antarctica..similiarly religion could have been packaged in those early days to suit the people and the environment. But in essence i guess its all the same.

anitaluv

Post by anitaluv » Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:44 am

Hindu altar is best placed in the northeast of your home as they believe tats where the godly vibrations enter..never put any furniture or clutter in your northest corner,let it be empty and clean and our gods should face,east or west.east is the best.worst is north,south.even sleeping never place your head at north or south.best head on west,leg east..so u wake up facing the sunrise :) anything else ask me am happy to help

Return to “General Discussions”