Singapore Expats

Recommendation for Batam or Bintan Resort

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Recommendation for Batam or Bintan Resort

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 5:40 pm

Hi All,

I am going to be taking my family of six (me, wife, 2 daughters, 2 grand daughters) for a 2 day, 1 night trip so they can play on the beach and in the pool. Might want a couple of other recreational activities.

Would prefer Batam, mainly because the kids can ride on the top of the ferry... nice for the kids. But, if there is a huge difference in resorts, then Bintan would be ok, too.

I am familiar with Batam View... it is OK... long way to the beach. I've read the ads for Turi Beach and it seems pretty nice, although maybe too sedate for the kids.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

muratkorman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by muratkorman » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 9:00 am

Why don't you try Bintan Lagoon? Nice swimming pool, a long dedicated beach and even an elephant which you can ride on. Although you are totally isolated in the resort, you can find everything you need. I haven't been to Batam, but I haven't heard any interesting thing about it.
With my kind regards

Murat Korman

audiojunky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by audiojunky » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:03 am

Based on feedback from a bunch of folks, Batam isn't that great a plcae - quite run-down compared to Bintan Resorts. One thing to point out, Bintan Resorts is a fenced out area of Bintan and it is more like an extension of Singapore - so you will definitely not get a flavor of Indonesia if that's what you're looking for.

Read this article

http://wikitravel.org/en/Bintan_Resorts

In Bintan Resorts, every single resort is supposed to be great. I second muratkorman; Bintan Lagoon is simply amazing. The rooms were quite disappointing given their 4-5 star rating, but I realized that 4 star hotels here have a different standard compared to ratings in other places. However, the view, the beach, the pool, the activity center, the restaurants more than makes up for it. There is also a night club with live music - nice 80's rock cover band.

If you're going for 2-3 days, there is more than enough to do just at the resort for you and your family.

La grande boucle
Regular
Regular

Post by La grande boucle » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:07 pm

Angsana would be my fav place on Bintan, but agree all of them are good. The top one would definitely be Banyan tree, but that one is so damn expensive.

check www.bintan-resorts.com for a complete overview.

And why do they look like you're in Singapore?

All are Singapore owned and managed.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:22 pm

i went in Feb,,and took the 1 room suite of Angsana resort. It was very close to the pool and also the beach. Service was very good also
Always have a smile on that face!