Singapore Expats

upcoming SIA recruitment: 15 July 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:12 am

Whether you went prepare or unprepare.....depending on how you present and answer interviewer's question on the spot...they might let u in knowing that you're 'Stable'. -- as in able to handle the job well in the eyes of the interviewer...

Blacklisting?. If the candidate is being blacklisted for attending so many times....HR would not inform them i guess.... :o

Geez.... :lol:

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:17 am

Yeap agree. they are particular about posture. There was a girl in my group who had lope-sided shoulders too, and the interviewer made her walk like 3 times, and also questioned her about her shoulders. I think they wan to also make sure that ur body is proportionate, no pear shaped body =Z That's what I think.
jolene23 wrote:What i know about the kebaya round is that sometimes you may look so good, nice complexion no scar and nothing...but if you have lope-sided shoudler when you walk...gone case also.....a bit stupid i find...

Woodstock...would you be trying again??? Anyone else trying again??? Maybe i will just try again..meanwhile i think i try to lose a bit of weight also.... :D But anyidea when would the next interview be around? Do we need to wait for another 6 months or what??

:roll: :roll:

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:09 am

wow! u got the same situation as me worz!!!!
Eveningstar wrote:LOL Ruiko. i went to the ladies with another girl just before the self-intro stage, and we entered the room late! so the 8 girls + 2 interviewers waited for us. =P it's ok, just apologise nicely... they were still nice and smiley despite having to wait for us.

rurik0 wrote:hi guys,

i arrived 2day at 9am and there were oredi alot of people there. i was queueing for around 30mins with my friend and finally got into the waiting room. Upon entering the room we put our stuff down and rushed to the toilet. Upon returning, our group was not there anymore!! T_T we were panicking like hell and went outside to see if they were there. Luckily we managed to find our group and joined them. Sadly, news was out tat there were 2 missing gals and our interviewers knew abt it too! I felt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo terrible as i thought my friend and i was already blacklisted.... T______T.......

Round One
Pretty hassled coz of the 'go to toilet' situation.
Topic: Can you tell us a little more about yourself and why you wan to join SIA?
There was one gal who spoke quite well but didn't get thru. Maybe coz she went a little off track... =S

Pass: 3/10 (T__T)

Round Two
I couldn't find a kebaya skirt that fits and was like changing skirt non stop. I took so long that i was the last and the person actually had to hurry me. Therefore i took a skirt that seemed to be L or XL and folded it up at the waist! Lol! I was thinking: damn!!!

Pass: 3/10 (Same 3 people as round 1)

Round Three
Had to wait around 15-20mins for this round and i daresay this 15 mins seemed like an 1hr. And a nerve wreaking hr !!! when i went in....i saw the lady who interviewed the previous time. However, this time, mine was a different lady. Was pretty nervous but i managed to control my 'lah's this time round!!

Passed.

I'm now left with WCT and management that falls on the same day... 17th... MAN!!! T_____T so fast. Does anyone know if u find out u pass on the same day for WCT and management or do you have to wait for a phone call?

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:33 pm

ya.. i think SIA need people badly.. I got booted out of the kebaya round AGAIN!!! hai~~ really dunno wats is e problem.. how i wish I could know my short-comings so that I won't keep repeating the same mistakes...

I arrived ard 11 and was in group 75. My group interviewers were very nice, keep smiling, really makes my nervousness goes away. Topic was wat was the place u wish to travel to the most if you get a chance to fly with SIA?? Passing rate 5/10.

Kebaya rounds: Same thing as others, all left XL sizes for top n bottom.. Have to keep asking ard for those who finished to take over their small-sized uniform.. most of the girls were very petite.. XL were tooo big..
I smile, walk straight, dun slouch... dunno wats wrong.. maybe i dun look good in kebaya??

Is it true u will get blacklisted if try too many times.. I thought more credit shld be given to those who kept trying.. they perserve right?? At least let us know wats e problem so that we can improve every time..

Anyway good luck for those who have made it to wct and mgt round!! may u gals fly soon~~~ :D

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:47 pm

VeniE wrote:
Hero83 wrote:
VeniE wrote:Hey ppl... I'm boot out 1st round.. was quite strict this time.. think they only choose 2 max from each grp... and they'll go for degree holders de..
Not true... I heard from a friend of mine, his group... 7 people got in.
wha!!! 7 arh... is really a lot leh... my past few attempts never this high number of ppl pass lo..

i'm 69B... think there's more than 1000 ppl lo.. 1500++ ba... i saw ppl in grp 70++ de lo..

My group and some other group i saw mostly 2 get in nia lo.. but i think it's depend on who's your interviewer ba.. some of them not so strict some were like picking you like siao de..

mine was a nice interviewer he jokes to make atmosphere relax... but was out 1st roound...

hmmm maybe trying for etihad next week.. anyone going?? etihad...

hey venie!im the gal you ve spoken to in your group.im 69H...remember?hehe...

anyway...don give up...from what ive observed...SIA is really strict now,coz there will never be a lack of girls coming for the interviews and they can really be choosy...

n yah...most prob ill be going for Etihad..all the best! = ) :wink:

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 1:23 pm

JadeiteJade wrote:
VeniE wrote:
Hero83 wrote: Not true... I heard from a friend of mine, his group... 7 people got in.
wha!!! 7 arh... is really a lot leh... my past few attempts never this high number of ppl pass lo..

i'm 69B... think there's more than 1000 ppl lo.. 1500++ ba... i saw ppl in grp 70++ de lo..

My group and some other group i saw mostly 2 get in nia lo.. but i think it's depend on who's your interviewer ba.. some of them not so strict some were like picking you like siao de..

mine was a nice interviewer he jokes to make atmosphere relax... but was out 1st roound...

anyway...don give up...from what ive observed...SIA is really strict now,coz there will never be a lack of girls coming for the interviews and they can really be choosy...

i remember you.. you wore all black de right, long hair... actually i thot you spoke quite well leh...

me also trying for etihads... wanna meet???
Soaring above all

pinkhunnibee

Post by pinkhunnibee » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 2:13 pm

Hi gals..congrats to those that have got in!

I tried for the umpteen time yesterday and got booted out again at the first round..
Went home and cried my eyes out..sighz..
I felt so demoralised and sad...

Well, 2 yrs ago, i passed the mgmnet round but was told to do ' something bout my teeth' at the last round and get a review again before i can go for my medical checkup..
I didnt do it cos it it was a huge sum of money as quoted by the dentist..it was sth like cosmetic surgery..Dentist wrote a letter for me to fax it to HR..HR gave me a date for review but it felt on the day where I would be in thailand for hol..
Requested really politely for another review date and they agreed

When i came back, i called HR to set the time for the review and i was told the chance of my review had been forfeited since i didnt want to make changes to my teeth...

I wasnt told I couldnt apply for the nez 6 mths and i foolishly applied for the next interview..and ever since then, i had never made it past the 1st round..

sighz...Am so heartbroken and maybe i have really been blacklisted without me knowing...

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 2:20 pm

hai~~ how would we know if we are blacklisted?? And if we keep trying n still get booted out, should they see our perservence and give us a 2nd chance?? or is it true 1st-times are given higher chances than repeated timers?? ahhaha... :shock:

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 2:28 pm

last time they had a computer and key in our ic number.. but now,i dont see it during the registration part.. how would they keep track on the number of times we had been through before? except that we wrote on the form.. :???:

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 2:33 pm

VeniE wrote:
JadeiteJade wrote:
VeniE wrote: wha!!! 7 arh... is really a lot leh... my past few attempts never this high number of ppl pass lo..

i remember you.. you wore all black de right, long hair... actually i thot you spoke quite well leh...

me also trying for etihads... wanna meet???
hehe..but i sounded quite nervous lah..anyway..i was wearing a black top but jeans.you r the one who was in the same poly coz as me right?..i met a friend who told me i really should not have worn jeans...nevermind lah...ill try again...

ok...can..but ill be going in the afternoon though...will be meeting another girl from the forum...you mind? :wink:

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 2:36 pm

love`Qoo wrote:last time they had a computer and key in our ic number.. but now,i dont see it during the registration part.. how would they keep track on the number of times we had been through before? except that we wrote on the form.. :???:
well... i dun know how they keep track but they definitely have a record...

esp when they having 2-days recruitment drive... the waiting time is long coz they need to check ur record... ie: if you come on sat de recruitment den cannot come again on sunday... have to wait till next recruitment drive... i experienced this before..
Soaring above all

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 2:48 pm

hey Venie , Jadeitejade!!!

I am from 69 too!!! booted at ROUND 1 too!!!
haiz... dunnoe wana laugh or cry... haiz... :shock:

very demoralized!!! sometimes i feeling asking the interviewers...
"wat are u all looking for??? and where go wrong..?" so that at least we can improve and work on it... but well... like wat Jadeitejade said... they are never lack of gals to choose from... so...

anway, Jadeitejade... good luck to your emirates interview!
hope to hear good news from u! keep us update!

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 2:51 pm

[quote="jeanette_tohjh"]hey Venie , Jadeitejade!!!

"wat are u all looking for??? and where go wrong..?" so that at least we can improve and work on it... but well... like wat Jadeitejade said... they are never lack of gals to choose from... so...

hope to hear good news from u! keep us update![/quote

dun be too sad la.. we in same boat... what was ur number?? me 69B...

the girl, 69A who got in first round was boot out at 3rd round... she was more upset ba... you can imagine right... work all the way to 3rd round then they kick you out.. is sian de lo..
Soaring above all

binka

Post by binka » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 2:58 pm

RaMz wrote:so maybe because no preparation led you to this? going for any job interview requires some preparation, at least. shows exactly how serious you are for the job. :mad:
So now u know how serious i am. Haha.

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Mon, 16 Jul 2007 3:01 pm

VeniE wrote:
jeanette_tohjh wrote:hey Venie , Jadeitejade!!!

hope to hear good news from u! keep us update![/quote

dun be too sad la.. we in same boat... what was ur number?? me 69B...

the girl, 69A who got in first round was boot out at 3rd round... she was more upset ba... you can imagine right... work all the way to 3rd round then they kick you out.. is sian de lo..
oh!ive made a mistake!!!ive mistaken Venie for Jeanette!!!!hhaha..