Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:10 pm

good luck to all ladies who are going for the interview tomorrow!! stay calm n confident.. smile smile smile~!! :P u might be the next!

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 2:54 pm

love`Qoo wrote:good luck to all ladies who are going for the interview tomorrow!! stay calm n confident.. smile smile smile~!! :P u might be the next!
]

Thank you all for the well wishes! :D I'm so nervous.. Who's going for tomorrow's interview? maybe we get to meet up over there!! :) I'm kinda easy to spot, moley me..haha.. :wink: All the best for all who's going tmr yeah~ Let's get in together gals!^^

butterfliesweet

Post by butterfliesweet » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 3:12 pm

how long will SIA wait till ur available? n at which part of the interview will they ask for ur availability period?

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 4:55 pm

butterfliesweet wrote:how long will SIA wait till ur available? n at which part of the interview will they ask for ur availability period?
you have to state your availability on the application form. i think the exact period will be asked during mgmt interview. i heard from my cousin from SIA that the maximum they would wait is about 3-4months time. depending on your reasons.

fluffyclouds

Post by fluffyclouds » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 6:10 pm

Heard so much about blacklisting candidates. Is it so prevalent?
From what I know, I have met a female crew of SIA who attempted 10 over times before she got in.

Anyone can verify this? Do SIA check using the candidates's NRIC?

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 6:44 pm

what did u heard about blacklisting candidate.....

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 8:06 pm

Oh gosh..I'm just about to fill up the form (after so long) and I realised this section about "any visible scars, birthmarks and/or pigment spots". I'm sooooo moley, will they cross me out immediately? eh..n I can't really swim, I should put a tick at No right? :?

butterfliesweet

Post by butterfliesweet » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 8:08 pm

love`Qoo wrote:
butterfliesweet wrote:how long will SIA wait till ur available? n at which part of the interview will they ask for ur availability period?
you have to state your availability on the application form. i think the exact period will be asked during mgmt interview. i heard from my cousin from SIA that the maximum they would wait is about 3-4months time. depending on your reasons.
3-4 months aft u pass mgmt interview? or 3-4 months starting from the 1st interview u go for? thks for replying :)

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 8:25 pm

butterfliesweet wrote:
love`Qoo wrote:
3-4 months aft u pass mgmt interview? or 3-4 months starting from the 1st interview u go for? thks for replying :)
after u've passed the mgmt and medical. when they called to confirmed your availability,you can tell them in 3months time. then they will call you again when your availability date is nearer to confirm with you your training date.. no problem.. :wink:

butterfliesweet

Post by butterfliesweet » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 8:44 pm

love`Qoo wrote:
butterfliesweet wrote:
love`Qoo wrote: you have to state your availability on the application form. i think the exact period will be asked during mgmt interview. i heard from my cousin from SIA that the maximum they would wait is about 3-4months time. depending on your reasons.
after u've passed the mgmt and medical. when they called to confirmed your availability,you can tell them in 3months time. then they will call you again when your availability date is nearer to confirm with you your training date.. no problem.. :wink:
oOooh... alright.. thks lots babe! =))

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 8:46 pm

:cool:

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Post by zombofi » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 8:48 pm

is anyone going to be there at 8 - 830?

fluffyclouds

Re: Hi

Post by fluffyclouds » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 9:05 pm

There are so many rumours around so I need to verify.
This FSS I know tried 10 times before getting her dream job but I have also heard people whom have attempted many a times getting bumped.

calvink wrote:what did u heard about blacklisting candidate.....

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 9:07 pm

zombofi wrote:is anyone going to be there at 8 - 830?
Hey zombofi, U're going so early? I don't know if i can get up in time. Gosh. My hair is giving me a big headache!

confidenceless

Post by confidenceless » Sat, 14 Jul 2007 9:07 pm

Haiz, it's tml yet feeling so "confidenceless".
Anyway, I'm only 19. Am I too young for it?
Because I see the girls who gets in are mostly in their 20s.