Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
veryscary

Post by veryscary » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:29 pm

foreverchicken, they will do the skin check on guys too but only during the water confidence test. They will look at your face, neck, hands, legs and your whole body. About your mandarin problem.... I am not sure if it is a disadvantage cause during the interview, they don't speak mandarin to you, only English. About the amount of guys who walk in..... errmmm... for my time, I saw 10 rows of seat with 10 people every row was full after one hour. Not sure how many people until end of the day.
Last edited by veryscary on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:50 pm

oh ya, foreverchicken, to add on to what veryscary has said, there won't be the skin check where you have to stand in front of the lamps.

that only happens during the kebaya fitting round, which only the girls go through. as the guys don't have to try the uniform, you don't have to worry about doing the "walk" and going under the lights in front of the beauticians like the girls do. the only time they'll look at your skin is during the water confidence test. small little scars should be fine.

if i remember correctly, my ex-bf didn't have to go through anything similar to the kebaya round or standing in front of the lights. he had some small scars on his hands too.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 1:27 am

for guys during the WCT...
after the swim, you come out, walk towards the person waiting for you there..he/she might even ask you to walk two and fro.
then stand in front of the person, he'll ask you to turn sideways, back, sideways again and then in front.
after that, stretch your hands in front, and turn it over...
they don't really scrutinize you thoroughly like what they do to the girls..
only looks for major scars that are obvious and tattoos!!
i tell you, we're very lucky being guys :twisted: :twisted:

all the best =)

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:42 am

Dearest all,

as the day is nearing....i am sure all are very excited!
i found a cool website where they display cabin crew uniform from all over the world...well, its pretty updated :D

take a look if you want! for your interest :)

Enjoy...God bless
.CEL.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:51 am

Sorry! forgot to attach the link :lol:

Here you go...

http://www.uniformfreak.com/index2a.html
.CEL.

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:50 am

CelT wrote:Dearest all,

i found a cool website where they display cabin crew uniform from all over the world...well, its pretty updated :D

Enjoy...God bless
I am sooooo excited..and so worried now cos i dunno wat to do with my lion's mane.. :? will they actually pick on it if it's not THAT tidy? I don't know how to bun up my hair neatly cos it's too layered and i don't wanna cut them now, cos they'll get even more layered.. :shock: arhhhh..

oh by the way, i went to check out the SIA uniform at the website, think it can't cover my scars..guess i can only conceal it.. :-|

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:02 pm

Vic...dont cut your hair now....hair will take some time to recover from shock......i wanted to cut also, but my hair is quite hard to manage at times....so, decided not to cut it & just make the best of what you have....

tie up your hair will be a good choice since it is better to be neat than messy....give your hair a good intensive treatment from now till sunday...it will help.... :)

Dont worry about the scars & all.....no one is perfect....they dont expect u to be perfect too...they will allow some leeway if its arent too obvious....
.CEL.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:02 pm

CelT wrote:Sorry! forgot to attach the link :lol:

Here you go...

http://www.uniformfreak.com/index2a.html
hey interesting site... some uniform were nice... but some... haha... ok la... not too bad...
Soaring above all

woodstock
Regular
Regular

Post by woodstock » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:07 pm

Enjoy...God bless
Yeah! so excited! I am travelling to Singapore tomorrow noon!

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:11 pm

Welcome Welcome Woodstock!
.CEL.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:21 pm

Been posted before; Debonair and Danair went bankrupt twenty odd years ago and the Diamond uniform worn by British Midland staff went out of use around much the same time. :(

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:22 pm

CelT wrote:Vic...dont cut your hair now....hair will take some time to recover from shock......i wanted to cut also, but my hair is quite hard to manage at times....so, decided not to cut it & just make the best of what you have....

tie up your hair will be a good choice since it is better to be neat than messy....give your hair a good intensive treatment from now till sunday...it will help.... :)

Dont worry about the scars & all.....no one is perfect....they dont expect u to be perfect too...they will allow some leeway if its arent too obvious....
does the kebaya round requires u to bun it up?? or just a neatly pony tail will do? :?

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:36 pm

CelT wrote:Vic...dont cut your hair now....hair will take some time to recover from shock......i wanted to cut also, but my hair is quite hard to manage at times....so, decided not to cut it & just make the best of what you have....

Thanks CelT! :) but my hair's got natural curls..even my pony tail's quite messy..my friends are telling me to use loads of hair sprays but i'm afraid that it'll make my hair look stiff n fake..maybe i should get someone to blow it the night before and see if it'll stay in shape... :-|
Anyway, best of luck to all going this sunday!!! :D hope that we'll make it together!! :D

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:48 pm

Yes Vic!!....we will make it together.... :)
.CEL.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:49 pm

they want yr hair to be up to check yr neck....so as long as they can see yr neck....it should be fine :)

its always good to be neat!
.CEL.