Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
veryscary

Post by veryscary » Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:49 pm

iamjia, I am so sorry as I went for steward interview. :) But in my first round, 6/10 passed through. It's hard for us to know what they are looking for in the first round. So just be calm just smile, pay attention when others are talking.
Last edited by veryscary on Tue, 04 Sep 2007 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:25 pm

veryscary wrote:bLiSs-LiCioUs....... trust me, try to speak slowly during the interview especially the final round, they are so particular with the way you speak, make sure you speak it clearly. Like my case, I was so nervous in the final round and I spoke quite fast I guess and made the conversation not so clear, I managed to pass the interview but the medical check up is pending. They want me to attend a English conversation course and submit the cert for them to review.
hmm... yupyup... will try my best to stay calm and speak slowly n steadily this time... :D thks thks....

starry

Post by starry » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:34 am

beenhoon wrote:
Eveningstar wrote:I asked the interviewers during my mgmt interview, as per my friend's request, on the cut off age and they told me that 26 and 27 is still ok, as long as u still look youthful. =D go ahead and try. =D im 24, not that young too. LOL!
tamm wrote:hmmmm if i'm married (no kids) & approaching 26 soon.. will SIA still consider me for the FA postion or will be be "TOO OLD"?

:o
really? cut off age is 26, 27?

cos there are girls who got in at 28, 29, 30 too. my friend's ex-colleague who got in at 30 yrs old (duno real or not, heee) ... and mentioned that in other batches, there are girls who are like late 20s, 27, 28, 29...

hmm... well, really duno what SIA wants, i guess.

but still, give it a try girls! don't worry abt ur age, age is just a number! good luck! :wink:
hey viewfrombelow!

hope it helps! go for it! give it a try! u never know ya! :)

fluffyclouds

Post by fluffyclouds » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 1:43 am

Can anyone enlighten me on the interview and medical checkup? Can I wear my specs on that day of check up as well as during interview?

ang3lic

Post by ang3lic » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 3:56 am

fluffyclouds wrote:Can anyone enlighten me on the interview and medical checkup? Can I wear my specs on that day of check up as well as during interview?
Prob not for your interview (for a better-looking impression), but you could do so during medical checkup. :)

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 8:48 am

fluffyclouds wrote:Can anyone enlighten me on the interview and medical checkup? Can I wear my specs on that day of check up as well as during interview?

Hi fluffyclouds,

for all interviews, avoid spectacles only natural contact lenses allowed BUT durin medical chkup I guess its fine to wear it coz they wont penalize u on tat but there will be an eyesight test.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

MC

Post by VeniE » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 9:50 am

Hey wanna check with you guys...

during the midical check up do they look at ur pass medical history??

Coz i used to take a lot of MCs last time (average of once a month)

Do they penalise you on this??
Soaring above all

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Re: MC

Post by wawaa » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:51 am

VeniE wrote:Hey wanna check with you guys...

Hi Venie,

don tink they can haf the access to look back at ur pass medical record somemore past ones might not be accurate. There will be a form which u need to fill up durin the chkup where the question was any MCs taken for period cramps..etc? BUt they never mention or ask in generic question like how many MCs u've taken in a yr.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Re: MC

Post by VeniE » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:06 pm

wawaa wrote:
VeniE wrote:Hey wanna check with you guys...

Hi Venie,

don tink they can haf the access to look back at ur pass medical record somemore past ones might not be accurate. There will be a form which u need to fill up durin the chkup where the question was any MCs taken for period cramps..etc? BUt they never mention or ask in generic question like how many MCs u've taken in a yr.
hahaha... okok... thanks yea.. i was quite worried abt it... coz i used to work in a bank was under lots of stress so used to take MCs quite often then. But since i left the bank i'm much more better... :D
At least i'm not so worried abt it...
Soaring above all

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 5:21 pm

I was inform yearly CC would get a free travel anywhere within SIA destination. Does this free 'travel' include expenses for accommodation, food and so on, or only the boarding pass itself. ??

waggiee

Re: Hi

Post by waggiee » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 5:28 pm

calvink wrote:I was inform yearly CC would get a free travel anywhere within SIA destination. Does this free 'travel' include expenses for accommodation, food and so on, or only the boarding pass itself. ??
i heard it only cover boarding pass..and one of your non-working immediate family member will get this previlge as well. heard from one of my CC friend.

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 5:32 pm

calvink wrote:I was inform yearly CC would get a free travel anywhere within SIA destination. Does this free 'travel' include expenses for accommodation, food and so on, or only the boarding pass itself. ??
no of course not. only the ticket is free. you already get to stay at a hotel free during your working days, why would they pay for your hotel accomodation during your holiday too. and obviously you have to buy your own food.

you would have a round trip ticket free once a year.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 6:06 pm

What do want jam on it? :P :lol: :shock:

foreverchicken

hi

Post by foreverchicken » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:17 pm

hi everyone, i'm actually new here and i'm very curious about how the interview went for the guys cuz most of you here are talking about the girls' interview. hope that the guys can share some of their priceless experiences.
i'm pretty curious if they do the skin check for guys as well using the 2 big lamps as mentioned by one of the members here in previous posting. do guys need to have flawless skin complexion too? they'll immediately reject even if they notice one small little scar? what about the language requirements? as for myself, i have extremely bad command in mandarin. could this be an disadvantage? and was there alot of candidates during the walk in, approximately how many?
appreciate if some of you out there who are able to clear my doubts which might sound silly. THX!

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hi

Post by theknees » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:26 pm

foreverchicken wrote:what about the language requirements? as for myself, i have extremely bad command in mandarin. could this be an disadvantage?
i've never known SQ to test on your mandarin skills. all their interviews are held in english.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //