Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 3:26 pm

Hello....just went for a meeting & so many replies...haha :)

ya, if really serious about being a FA, this course may be worth considering....Greenlife....update us once the course is out ya? :D

we are all in the same shoes.....continue to encourage & support oen another...the feelings nice...knowing someone out there working hard & not giving up with u!
.CEL.

iamjia
Regular
Regular

Post by iamjia » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 4:03 pm

CelT wrote:Hello....just went for a meeting & so many replies...haha :)

ya, if really serious about being a FA, this course may be worth considering....Greenlife....update us once the course is out ya? :D

we are all in the same shoes.....continue to encourage & support oen another...the feelings nice...knowing someone out there working hard & not giving up with u!
celt-totally agree about what you've said. we gotta root for each other esp the ones we met in this forum as the days toward the interview is getting closer.

vernie & greenlife-jiayou!!! jiayou!!!jiayou!!!

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 4:18 pm

Hi CelT,

Yeap, I'll update you once got the date for the course.

SIA_gers

Post by SIA_gers » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 7:50 pm

To all hopefuls going for the upcoming walk-in, :shock:

My 2 cents worth of encouragement and advice.

Be confident and smile. Most importantly be yourself. Whether or not you have attended any courses to increase your chances of getting selected, you have to be happy and glad that you have tried and gained valuable experiences from this interview. All the best and give your best shot. Always be presentable and be ready to put your best foot forward.

To all those who have made it and starting their training soon, 8-)

All the best and have fun training. Most importantly, keep the passionate going and always made SIA "A great way to fly".

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 8:13 pm

SIA_gers wrote:To all hopefuls going for the upcoming walk-in, :shock:

My 2 cents worth of encouragement and advice.

Be confident and smile. Most importantly be yourself. Whether or not you have attended any courses to increase your chances of getting selected, you have to be happy and glad that you have tried and gained valuable experiences from this interview. All the best and give your best shot. Always be presentable and be ready to put your best foot forward.

To all those who have made it and starting their training soon, 8-)

All the best and have fun training. Most importantly, keep the passionate going and always made SIA "A great way to fly".
Yeah... I agree!!! Jia you ba everyone!!! Chiong arh!!!! :cool:
Soaring above all

veryscary

Post by veryscary » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:39 pm

The exact is 6.02 months for this year, plus the 13th month, will get 7.02 months. But will get 6.02 months on 7th July and 13th month have to wait till 7th January 2008. Yeah.. this year bonus is the record for the company.

illume80

Post by illume80 » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 12:26 am

joyfulpapaya wrote:
illume80 wrote:

hi joyfulpapaya, will they also call to inform applicants who do not pass the medical? Although I indicated that I can only start in September, I still need to give my current employer 2 months notice. So even if they call me a month before training date, I'm stuck! And I don't dare to resign until I get the confirmation... so yeah I have a problem. :roll:
wo, i get what you mean. but i not sure also leh... or u call them to check? or email them back using the last email they sent you. they'll prob call u after a few days after seeing ur email.
Yup thanks.. I've emailed them last Sunday but no call or reply though. Think I will call them. Its been 5 long weeks. Have you received yours yet?

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 4:09 am

DeeeNah wrote:
VeniE wrote:
love`Qoo wrote:few of my cousins are from SIA and heard from two of them (husband n wife) that this year bonus was about 5.6 something.. which was the highest they ever get during their flying years.. which was around 14 years of flying.. so yup.. i think is really high..

by the way,most people were afraid of skin check was about their breakouts n all.. but what if i have 'moustache'? i mean not like those guys have but i'm sure u know some girls got a little hair there..

mine was quite obvious if u were to stand beside me.. and my cousin had that too but she was not sure cos she always go for waxing there n her interview was like decades ago.. :???:
Hmm... Maybe you could do a wax? most spa or beauty centre has it... Best to do it like say few days before...
You can go for threading too. That is what I do :) And it is cheap. Like $3 for upper lip.
yeah.. i guess its time to get rid of it since i wanna try.. better than being ask to leave for the reason which i should've settled.. thanks!! :lol:

ang3lic

Post by ang3lic » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 12:05 pm

Hey SIA_gers.. I haven't heard frm you since I last PMed ya. Have you received?

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 11:50 pm

hey!im interested in the course too...pls include me and update me k?thanks :wink:

SIA_gers

Post by SIA_gers » Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:14 am

ang3lic wrote:Hey SIA_gers.. I haven't heard frm you since I last PMed ya. Have you received?
I PM you already. Keep in touch. :D

illume80

Post by illume80 » Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:23 am

Hi,

I wonder if anybody can give advice on this matter that has been troubling me. I passed management and went for medical in early June but until now I have yet to receive any call to inform me whether I was selected. I indicated during the interview that I can only start in September and that I need to give 2 months notice to my employer. I'm not sure whether to continue waiting or call them and ask. Has anyone had a similar experience? Will you be informed even if you are rejected?

Thanks!

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Sun, 08 Jul 2007 9:18 am

You should definitely give them a call :) OR drop them an email.

sugarforsweets

Post by sugarforsweets » Sun, 08 Jul 2007 10:20 pm

theknees wrote:
sugarforsweets wrote:hi i am a newbie here... firstly, congrats to those who have made it and good luck for those who are going on the 15h july!! :D i was wodering where i could further go to for detailed information on the cabin crew position (bonding, salary etc ) also, can any experienced person here advice me if i should enter with "a" level qualifications or proceed with my degree? :?

well whether you should stick with you A Levels or further your studies will really depend on you and what you plan to do in the future. it depends on whether you want to get a degree and find a different kind of job, or whether you want to fly. if you think you'll still end up in SIA after getting a degree, then you gotta consider whether you want to spend another 3 years studying and more $$ studying as well.

Salary wise, once you start flying, it'll be about $3.5k, might be more or less, depending on your roster. The bond is 2 years, and you'll be on a 5 year contract.

if this is what you really want to do, i personally think you should go and try for it now, afterall, if you wait till 3 years later to try, you'll be older and age is quite an important factor in this line.

thanks for the advice... yea im kinda stuck for the moment. i really wanna be a FA in the long term but i heard that if u get married, u will be transferred to the management/ office sector. is that true? as a FA in the long term run.. what do u tink?

sugarforsweets

skin check enquiry

Post by sugarforsweets » Sun, 08 Jul 2007 10:27 pm

and what do they mean by "No pigmentation/scars on face" during the skin check? like to what extend is "a clean face"? like how about small dots/moles?