Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
old_man

Post by old_man » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 8:38 am

Hi! MelissaLin! u r rite! i'm ex-shatec student.. regarding to ur question.. i tink without O' level is alrite (it all depends).. cos my shatec classmate is already in sia.. and she onli gt 2credits includin english for her 0' level.. Btw, this upcomin interview will be my 2nd attemp.. gosh~~ Alll the best to you! Good luck!

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 9:29 am

sugarforsweets wrote:hi i am a newbie here... firstly, congrats to those who have made it and good luck for those who are going on the 15h july!! :D i was wodering where i could further go to for detailed information on the cabin crew position (bonding, salary etc ) also, can any experienced person here advice me if i should enter with "a" level qualifications or proceed with my degree? :?

Bond is 2 years. If you break it you pay a pro rated sum of maximum $13,200. Salary wise, it is hard to determine cos it depends on your roster, but it is usually about $3-$4 K a month.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:56 am

any views on JAL anyone?

a good airlines to work with?

do they have stopovers?
Just want to know more about JAL....i rarely hear about them.... :D
.CEL.

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:33 pm

CelT wrote:any views on JAL anyone?

a good airlines to work with?

do they have stopovers?
Just want to know more about JAL....i rarely hear about them.... :D
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ft ... asc-0.html

I believe you're on the wrong thread dear. Refer to the one I've posted for you.
★ abnegation; self denial

SIA_gers

Post by SIA_gers » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:43 pm

ang3lic wrote:
ihateveg wrote:
SIA_gers wrote:Hi ihateveg,

I was notified by SIA that my training will start on the 12th July as well so we are batchmates :D Batch 922 . Just wondering when are you going down to sign the bond as two dates were given 9th or 10th July. Congratulations to you and see ya in STC :D
hello!! We're going to be batchmates!! :D I'm excited to start training but nervous too.. hmm not enough office wear! :shock: Congrats to you too!! :wave:

I just received the email today with the deed of covenant and instructions.. still haven't talked to my parents whether who's going down to stc and when.. to sign the bond.

congrats to wawaa, deenah and eveningstar! finally received the call!! what a relief right?? :D
I received their email today.. I'm also starting training on 12 July, batch 922! Omg.. It's so great knowing batch mates before training starts. :D Would any same batch mates like to meet up or something? :wink:
Whaaa...that's great knowing that people in the forum are soon to be batchmates. Maybe we should meet up on 12th July at the gate or Tanah Merah MRT then we can share a cab together to proceed to STC. Please leave me your email so that I can add both of you in MSN and we can discuss further. See ya. So anxious to start training with you all soon. Cheers :D

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:46 pm

Thank you sweetie! :)
.CEL.

ang3lic

Post by ang3lic » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:48 pm

SIA_gers: I've PMed you. =) I'm just so glad I got to know some batch mates before actually starting the training..

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 4:30 am

CelT wrote:Thank you sweetie! :)
You're welcome. :D
★ abnegation; self denial

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 1:53 pm

sugarforsweets wrote:hi i am a newbie here... firstly, congrats to those who have made it and good luck for those who are going on the 15h july!! :D i was wodering where i could further go to for detailed information on the cabin crew position (bonding, salary etc ) also, can any experienced person here advice me if i should enter with "a" level qualifications or proceed with my degree? :?

well whether you should stick with you A Levels or further your studies will really depend on you and what you plan to do in the future. it depends on whether you want to get a degree and find a different kind of job, or whether you want to fly. if you think you'll still end up in SIA after getting a degree, then you gotta consider whether you want to spend another 3 years studying and more $$ studying as well.

Salary wise, once you start flying, it'll be about $3.5k, might be more or less, depending on your roster. The bond is 2 years, and you'll be on a 5 year contract.

if this is what you really want to do, i personally think you should go and try for it now, afterall, if you wait till 3 years later to try, you'll be older and age is quite an important factor in this line.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

gReEnboy

Post by gReEnboy » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 4:45 pm

hey peeps! anyone know how would one be notified whether he/she pass the medical? do they notify us by email or call us or both? and also what's the normal duration it takes for the results to reach us? thanks in advance.
Aspiring FA

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 5:27 pm

Mine took about 11 days. They called me.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:25 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Been reading this forum and decide to join you guys. I tried SIA for 4 times, but i have not give up, will be trying again coming July 15th.

Juz wanna say that dun give up on what you wan. I have heard ppl tried for 20++ times before they got in. Well i wasn't sure how they did it but i really admire those ppl's determination.

My 3rd try, i almost give up already coz of what the interviewer said something which was really discouraging lo. But my fren who got in after 8th tries continues to give me encouragement, and i determine to try again. :D

Through out my 4 interview i always fail at first round only once i pass thru but fail at skin check. lol... having breakout that time so suay... XD
Soaring above all

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:48 pm

gd luck venie!
it gotta be my second try this 15th... i also admire those ppl with really great determination yah... hope everything goes well for us this time! [-o<

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:01 pm

lol... my FA fren told me after they got their bonus( think sometime in july) many FAs intend to resign after that.. and plus A380 is coming, they definitely need more ppl...

I went for an airline service course b4, the ppl there say if SIA really lack of ppl, they tend to lower down their standard.

Hehe.. So hopefully this time luck is on our side then.. :P
Soaring above all

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:15 pm

VeniE wrote:lol... my FA fren told me after they got their bonus( think sometime in july) many FAs intend to resign after that.. and plus A380 is coming, they definitely need more ppl...

I went for an airline service course b4, the ppl there say if SIA really lack of ppl, they tend to lower down their standard.

Hehe.. So hopefully this time luck is on our side then.. :P
talking abt bonus, jux kpo a bit..hw much do they usually get?

Yea!!! lET's all fight our way tru =)