Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:44 am

Hi Shiyun,

No, I cannot believe this.

Not that I do not trust you but the story is indeed bizzare and somewhat inconsistent. To be fair, we need to get some facts clear cos we are all writing behind nicks.

Did you get a second opinion on what is being inject into your face? What were the witness for? Was it fats or silicon? You mentioned you did fat graft and was happy with results. Did you do twice or once?

Did the thugs broke into your house and threatened you becos of this matter? I am confused.... WHY did they threaten you? Did you make police report? If so, and IF this is still the case, you can pm me I can help you. I am a gal and I am no thugs. The beauty in Singapore (except for the VERY elite...I mean VERY VERY.....) no one is beyond law, status and money.

kind regards,
dmn

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 1:36 pm

hi shiyun

i replied to your post before,with your pictures regarding your plans to enhance yourself :wink:
i honestly think you are very pretty and you kinda exudes happiness in those pics which is the most beautiful for a girl..
tats why i tink you really dont need any enhancements , i mean if ltr u want to have a facelift like in ur 40's erm then why not ,tat meaning..
i really think people wil be drawn to you cos u radiate that happiness.. really.. sounds like old grandma hor haha!

but i am real shocked you have gone thru so much
its great to learn you have move on and at peace with those people involved
i am a buddhist and so i believe in making peace with ur foes..
its kinda crazy some may say but IT really make you happy :D
i m not exactly sure what happened but hope what i said is meaningful to u

if u r worried about the material used, its desirable if u can do some research on good doctors who can help in this area.
be careful cos you have still have to decide who can really help you lor
it heavy stuff but hey tats part of growing up and growing old..

sorry if i bored you :D

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 1:48 pm

i am a big fan of PS
if i m going to be happy going for a certain PS, i m all game
i do tink timing and decision have to be ok and must be very clear i want them, don let anyone be the force or influence though at tis point haha successful candidates do have some weight

but what i wanna say is you live only once it is understandble everyone just want to give themselves the best

e.g like buying tat certain watch,go holiday,buy house..long list lah

so be strong

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 1:55 pm

shiyun

forgot to say be cheerful and positive always please :wink:

gal, its heartbreaking u know

Shiyun
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 3:38 pm

:)
Last edited by Shiyun on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love Korea - it's a very beautiful country

Shiyun
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 5:18 pm

Dear Candall,

Thanks for your encouragement, :)
Last edited by Shiyun on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denne

Post by Denne » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:06 pm

I heard about a website called http://www.belgacare.co.uk
It's true that there is a very good healthcare program in belgium and almost no wait time untill practicly none..
She explained me how she organises everythin to make you at ease for your operation. And it sounded quite nice so I hope I proved you with some good information, gl futher on :)

i's

Post by i's » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:46 pm

Hi Shiyun,
I am sorry that you are going through this.

At least you are still young and healthy, You have great potential, and as long as there is a bit of hope then you must keep going. We only live once, so we might as well give it our best shot.

Good luck with everything and I hope you find the right doctor.

Hi foubelle,

regarding japanese doctors, honestly I just look around, I don't know if particular doctors are good or not, I read a time magazine article about plastic surgery and Dr. Katsuya Takasu was metioned, I looked up his website, and he had some nice before and afters for stitch method I think. The eyes were almond shaped, not round, you know, like not just height consideration but width consideration too.
The other clinic, I heard about from soompi, a korean message board, this girl got it done at this japanese clinic and it turned out really lovely, she posted some site pictures, and I thought, it was just gorgeous, the results again it maintains that asian almond shape, not just height but width...But then again, it could be that the before eyes were just easier to shape cuz they were symmetric no excess skin etc.

Anyways, beyond the lovely pictures, I only have one testimony. So , that's why I asked about it here, I was curious if anyone else got their surgery in japan.

All in all, although asia might be better, it's just so much easier to search for doc certification/malpractice in US, where i live.

If anyone knows how to look for legitimate doctor certification/malpractice in Korea, and Japan and China, that would be so helpful, and I would be really grateful. It's pretty tricky to look for.

Thank you

i's :)

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 1:36 pm

hi shiyun

thank you for your invite :D
so nice of u
but me got no $$ very tight every month
i wonder if i ever going to reach 10-15k
cos i wan nose + eyes and fat transfer to my nasolabia and maybe chin
i tink i must also do my teeth based on dentist advise
damn sad why so many huh
what more no time! its like almost impossible
zero resources lor

sweetie do take good care of yourself
drink plenty of lemon honey
hope u get well soon
and dont forget to update bout ur korea trip :D

Shiyun
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 1:47 pm

8-) I think Japan is a good place to source for plastic surgeons. Look at Ayumi Hamasaki, compare her before and after pictures, you will know why.

Many women in Japan had their eyes corrected at least, eyes surgery should be the most popular in Japan.

But there is still an ever strong fear of being unable to communicate with the surgeons. Japanese language is kinda difficult and complex to learn. If you don't have japanese friends with you, what if miscommunications occur leading to unsatisfactory results? It would be terrible.

At this moment, there are no posts in this forum of anyone's experience of PS in Japan, however, in Korea, yes.

I happened to have korean-speaking friends, Jang's boyfriend. And they can help in translation during my visit to BK Clinic. I think Korean PS skills are really improving and seems that many japanese are also going to Korea for enhancement.

But I'm sure everyone will be interested if someone can reccommend a good clinic in Japan for PS Surgery. Do you think the doctors there understand English? :roll:

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 2:05 pm

hi i's

sorry cant help much
but i think the locals of those countries u have picked out should easily point u to some of their forum
and the country standards for practice,
but guess it can be plenty..maybe u can try zero in on a few doctors u like and check for their credentials or rather how good or bad they r?
i heard some doctors pay their way there, while some built up thru skill..is this the same in US?
u know something like a marketing and publicity firm thing..
i read before from magazine that jap dr r very precise and more conservative in approach as they do a lot of measurements

btw,do share what u find out..
especially china cos fit my budget
my ex-colleague told me she only allow professor to work on her
and they would have work in government hospitals for sometime including coaching and training,and many thesis or articles wrote and is still active and current.. doctors term there r loosely used
thats why plenty of botched jobs

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 9:52 am

Shiyun wrote:There were several analysis done. Every doctor i went to apologized that they could not help me because they weren't the doctor who performed the surgery on 2000.

They advised me to go back to the original doctor. Well, this is indeed upsetting on my side. And the agony to find a helpful cosmetic surgeon for revision is indeed time consuming.

Whoever that's reading my posts , i don't need your agreement with me, i am just stating my experiences and maybe my feelings. My guesses could be wrong, afterall they are just speculations as to who sent the bunch of hooligans to me. Or it could be i had offended somework at work and they decided to play real nasty.

Anyway, I just wanna say one thing about surgeons is that while they could give you a cold front, you should not be affected by their attitude but rather focus more on their skills, there are doctors who are very friendly , but who can't perform the skills up to customers' satisfaction.
Dear Shiyun,

Ok, well understand now why you post - you just wanted to share you feelings. Thus, not important to get all facts for rest of us. I really hope you have recovered from the events and best wishes.

As for patients who wish to ignore after-op care from their docs, it is entirely their prerogative.

However, it does not mean docs shld not be condemned for failing their patients in sthng as basic as having a caring attitude. It is a A-B-C pre-requisite for any doc to nurse their patient's psychological aspects to improve healing. That is being taught in all medicine school, esp. in Japan and Korea. Ask any house doc in these countries - they'll get shamed and fired for such attitudes. Surprised this comes from you after the cold shoulder you rcvd from that local famous doc.

PS docs, who gain fame sometimes think they r beyond everybody shld get some perspective. Why shld they be excluded when service and professional excellence reign in every other professions? Perhaps, it is becos there is still a bee-line of patients who dun mind to pay, be treated like a factory line patient juz becos they r famous?

Good weekend and best of luck with BK.

kind regards,
dmn

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 7:17 pm

Hi people, it has been one month since i did my surgery. Last night, I met up with a friend for the first time, and he could immediately tell that I'd something done with my nose. I was very embarressed so I kept denying. And it ended up very awkward. Has anybody faced this situation before? When somebody is able to tell you'd a nosejob, does it mean the nose is very natural? I find that my bridge is too high and it's really affecting me.

Ocean, hope your nose is healing well. Would like to hear from you!

Take care everyone.

hello84
Regular
Regular

hello

Post by hello84 » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 8:28 pm

where is the surgery you perform at?? in singapore or oversea?? if your nosejob can be seen by other ppl means is not well done... if i not wrong you should be using the method of close incision with L or I silicon implant.. issit?

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 9:51 pm

Kalyn,

After I did it, some people said I looked different... but didn't know where. Others said I looked more Caucasian.... said that my brow looked different even though my brow was not changed at all... I don't care for the Caucasian comments btw.

Anyway, did you use goretex or silicone. Because with goretex, it will decrease in height over the next couple of months... so you shouldn't be too worried.

Just because a friend can tell there's a difference doesn't necessarily mean it was done badly... so don't worry too much. :)

hello84,

In general you should try to get open method when doing an implant. Decreases your risk of extrusion, mobility, etc.