Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:01 am

no worries! i doubt they'll change it soon.. cos it has been this way since a long time ago.. go for it!

ya~ i've started for a week already.. its fun cos my batchmates are really crazy and fun! :lol:
love`Qoo wrote:
machi17 wrote:i dun think it will harm ur chance at all.. i also only has 6 'O's as my private diploma is also not recognised by them.. during my management, a couple of degree holders also got kicked out... so it really juz depends on u.. anyway, even the basic pay is the same~ :shock:
love`Qoo wrote:just wanna ask.. since the 3rd n mgmt rd is 1-1 intv,what's the difference btw them then?? :???:

and im with a private diploma which is not eligible for it.. wonder would 6 GCE O'levels credits makes my chances lower??
hey machi thx!! u've started training about a week ya? hope its fun n fruitful..

your encouragement is a big plus for me!! just pray that they will not raise their requirement before i have the chance to pass it.. :lol:
~~I wanna fly too~~

weasley

Post by weasley » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:36 am

hello.. i new here.. n interested in being a cabin crew..
they take in guys too right?
do they take in ppl who are 27 of age?

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:41 am

weasley wrote:hello.. i new here.. n interested in being a cabin crew..
they take in guys too right?
do they take in ppl who are 27 of age?
from wad i knw, Yes. 27 for a guy shldnt b an issue

weasley

Post by weasley » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:48 am

oic.. thanks ya dovee
thinking of joining after i worked a few years in the hospital.. :wink:

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 1:00 am

go try this time round at e interview! =)
i wanted to..but tried a few times dint manage tru. but nt giving up yet heee..

weasley

Post by weasley » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 1:03 am

but i'm just 18 now..
havent get my diploma.. so i was thinking of getting some experience in work
then try to join SIA..
they take in more girls than guys is it?
When in doubt, act stupid :)

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 1:17 am

yes, but is oso a fact tt thr more gers applyin than guys. so e chance r e same actually. :lol:
u mean u gonna wait til 27 than join?

weasley

Post by weasley » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 1:21 am

oic..
i dunno..
see how first..
cos i add up my yrs after NS and a few years of working exp..
i takin nursing.. if i dun be a nurse for a few years, i tink my diploma like useless..

what do u tink?
When in doubt, act stupid :)

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 10:35 am

illume80 wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote:
illume80 wrote:
Hi joyful papaya, I have been waiting for a long long time since my medical on June 2nd and have yet to receive any call too. I'm not sure if it's because I told them I can only start earliest in September? I'm getting a little worried because I have to give 2 months notice if I pass. Oh by the way this is my first entry but I've been reading this forum for a while now. Thanks!
hi illume80, yup i think it's because u can only start in sept. if i'm not wrong they'll usually only call u nearer ur available date and tell u the next training date. dun worry eh = )
Thanks joyful papaya, that is so reassuring. It's hard to concentrate at work when you keep thinking about waiting for the call! Hope you get yours soon. By the way when was your mgt? Mine was 30th May.
hey mine was on 30 May too. 845am...yours? maybe we've met!

illume80

Post by illume80 » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 3:50 pm

joyfulpapaya wrote:
illume80 wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote:

hi illume80, yup i think it's because u can only start in sept. if i'm not wrong they'll usually only call u nearer ur available date and tell u the next training date. dun worry eh = )
Thanks joyful papaya, that is so reassuring. It's hard to concentrate at work when you keep thinking about waiting for the call! Hope you get yours soon. By the way when was your mgt? Mine was 30th May.
hey mine was on 30 May too. 845am...yours? maybe we've met!
Mine was 1030. But I could not make it for medical that day coz had to rush back to office. By the way I'm a guy 8-).

ang3lic

Post by ang3lic » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 3:59 pm

ihateveg wrote:
SIA_gers wrote:Hi ihateveg,

I was notified by SIA that my training will start on the 12th July as well so we are batchmates :D Batch 922 . Just wondering when are you going down to sign the bond as two dates were given 9th or 10th July. Congratulations to you and see ya in STC :D
hello!! We're going to be batchmates!! :D I'm excited to start training but nervous too.. hmm not enough office wear! :shock: Congrats to you too!! :wave:

I just received the email today with the deed of covenant and instructions.. still haven't talked to my parents whether who's going down to stc and when.. to sign the bond.

congrats to wawaa, deenah and eveningstar! finally received the call!! what a relief right?? :D
I received their email today.. I'm also starting training on 12 July, batch 922! Omg.. It's so great knowing batch mates before training starts. :D Would any same batch mates like to meet up or something? :wink:

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 6:26 pm

ang3lic wrote:
ihateveg wrote:

I was notified by SIA that my training will start on the 12th July as well so we are batchmates :D Batch 922 . Just wondering when are you going down to sign the bond as two dates were given 9th or 10th July. Congratulations to you and see ya in STC :D
hello!! We're going to be batchmates!! :D I'm excited to start training but nervous too.. hmm not enough office wear! :shock: Congrats to you too!! :wave:

I just received the email today with the deed of covenant and instructions.. still haven't talked to my parents whether who's going down to stc and when.. to sign the bond.

congrats to wawaa, deenah and eveningstar! finally received the call!! what a relief right?? :D
I received their email today.. I'm also starting training on 12 July, batch 922! Omg.. It's so great knowing batch mates before training starts. :D Would any same batch mates like to meet up or something? :wink:
so envious of all of you...have fun during training! :wink:

MelissaLin

Post by MelissaLin » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:38 pm

hi :D

i think i post think ques b4 but don't know why it didnt appear.
like to ask is SHATEC diploma recognisable? since i don have o level
I wanna be one

ihateveg

Post by ihateveg » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:10 am

ang3lic wrote:
ihateveg wrote:

hey ang3lic! heh glad to know you'll be my batchmate too! You finally received the confirmation:) happy for u.. :D

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 8:29 am

babyger wrote:
wawaa wrote: yes write down all the previous intv dates in the application form. Personally I feel it plays a big part for u to get tru the first round. I wrote down all my 7 dates!
wow.. 7 dates.. but it was yr first time at mgmt right.. congrats congrats.. :D
Hi babyger,

yup! actually I cant really remember if I wana be exact but througout 2006 haf tried 7 times n finally at 8th try I've made it and mgmt round is the furthest tat I've been tru for the very first time.