Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 3:13 pm

dOvee: Hur hur... nop. im waiting for them to call me. so slow!!! i wan to tender already!

jolene23
Regular
Regular

Post by jolene23 » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 4:35 pm

Hi all...i saw someone saying that there is Emirates interview on the 14th...you mean 14th Jul?? at where??? i tried to search the website and see nothing for Singapore....

SIA are having interview on 15th Jul at Sheraton Towers. My friends had wanted to drag me to the interview with them....but the thing is i am a bit fleshy...and worse my teeth are not straight...... do SIA take it into consideration..cos the flight attendants i see are always with nice white and straight teeth....what are the chances for me....haiz....:(

One of my friend has got a tatoo on the wrist...i think she will be confirm out one..but she say she just wanna go and try... :?

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 4:43 pm

Hi Jolene23,

1stly, welcome to this forum!

2ndly, I am not too sure about the details of the emirates interview but you can find out more information on this thread here : http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic42904.html

How crooked is your teeth? So long as it is not jarringly crooked it is okie. I have one teeth that is slightly out of place and they let me in. Also, it's okie to be on the fleshy side. So am I! A girl who was accepted with me during the management interview is also fleshy. They look at how you fill out the uniform and whether you look nice in it.

Tattoos that are not covered by the kebaya are a NO NO. If I were you, I will tell your friend to cover it with concealer REALLY well or just do not go cos if they find out, it will be worst :)

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 4:52 pm

DeeeNah wrote:Don't worry bliss-licious. Your time will come! 15th july is about 2 weeks away :)
thanks.... :) getting so excited as the clock ticks by...

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 4:57 pm

CelT wrote:Bliss dearie,

i can totally understand your feelings..... :?
Me too u know.....will u try for emirates on the 14th?
or, u be sticking on to SIA?

But dont think i will compromise & go for Silkair as there are no stopover....& apparently, my friend told me is very tiring as she is with silkair.....

How long have u been working? too bad my company cant have msn...if not, i add u... :)

Deenah....your call will come soon....no worries!
hi Ce|T...

i wont be trying for emirates.. gave up the chance like a year back when i applied and they asked me for interview... won't want to be based in overseas eh...

so SIA is my only goal! :lol: i love the kebaya eh!

i had been working since i grad from TP hospitality management in yr2003... currently in an events co.... hmm... no msn? so strict? anyway with my current co for like only 4mths odd...

praying real hard for 15th July! [-o<

chixie

Really amazed

Post by chixie » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 5:02 pm

Seriously, i;m really amazed that there's actually an entire forum dedicated to SIA and cabin crew.

Guess our cabin crew department still have a strong hold afterall.

For all those who managed to get in, welcome to the family.

For those not, don't be disheartened and keep trying! :D

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 5:03 pm

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:
CelT wrote:Bliss dearie,

i can totally understand your feelings..... :?
Me too u know.....will u try for emirates on the 14th?
or, u be sticking on to SIA?

But dont think i will compromise & go for Silkair as there are no stopover....& apparently, my friend told me is very tiring as she is with silkair.....

How long have u been working? too bad my company cant have msn...if not, i add u... :)

Deenah....your call will come soon....no worries!

hi Ce|T...

i wont be trying for emirates.. gave up the chance like a year back when i applied and they asked me for interview... won't want to be based in overseas eh...

so SIA is my only goal! :lol: i love the kebaya eh!

i had been working since i grad from TP hospitality management in yr2003... currently in an events co.... hmm... no msn? so strict? anyway with my current co for like only 4mths odd...

praying real hard for 15th July! [-o<

hi, meanin if base overseas, we only b back lik once or twice a yr?

i agree! kebaya is nice =) :D

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 5:11 pm

Emirates system is that you have to bid for flights. So if you manage to bid successfully for Singapore flights you willo be back more than that! Have a friend working in emirates...every 2-3 months she is back once :)

dOvee
Regular
Regular

Post by dOvee » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 5:17 pm

lol...but if fail to bid? oh no. LOL. chOY~!

ghostcondor

Post by ghostcondor » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:24 pm

veryscary wrote:ghostcondor, for flight steward, the interviews are as stringent as the flight stewardess, the only thing is we dont have kebaya round, for steward, we dont need to try any uniform. But one thing you have to know is the amount of people they are taking for steward is much much lesser than stewardess. :wink:
i see.. thanks alot for the information. that means it's much harder for stewards... sounds very tough.

do u mind sharing your experience during the interview rounds?

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:10 pm

hai~ realised that u can only be really really active here when ur not trainin yet.. so damn busy~!!!! oh no... autumn, buzzybee, and others la.. dunno all ur nick.. we had so much fun today! but we're gettin overthrown! :shock:
~~I wanna fly too~~

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:15 pm

wow..seems tiring yet fun at the training~ I wish i can be part of it soon! :)

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:35 pm

machi17 wrote:hai~ realised that u can only be really really active here when ur not trainin yet.. so damn busy~!!!! oh no... autumn, buzzybee, and others la.. dunno all ur nick.. we had so much fun today! but we're gettin overthrown! :shock:
Yes, most people disappear once they start training. :o
★ abnegation; self denial

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:01 am

hi, for those girls who've started trg and were working previously - did u tender before signing the SIA contract? Thanks..

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Fri, 29 Jun 2007 4:10 am

joyfulpapaya wrote:hi, for those girls who've started trg and were working previously - did u tender before signing the SIA contract? Thanks..
As far as I know. Do no tender until you have been informed that you have passed medical. Then you tender. (:
★ abnegation; self denial