Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 9:38 am

Hey Sara...

wat kinda ears they lookin at? Shdnt they be lookin at ur face type? Coz I'm having this feelin tat I mite need to chop off my long curls..:< coz the HR lady gave some comments on my look and hair.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:50 am

Thanks Wawaa....u r such a dear....the info has been real helpful...

Which pays better? Emirates or SIA?

my hope is still getting into SIA... but since emirates is recruiting...no harm giving a try... :)
.CEL.

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:13 am

wawaa wrote:Hey Sara...

wat kinda ears they lookin at? Shdnt they be lookin at ur face type? Coz I'm having this feelin tat I mite need to chop off my long curls..:< coz the HR lady gave some comments on my look and hair.
hi sara and wawaa, during the 2nd round the lady asked if i were to be selected, will i be ok if requested to cut short my hair. i asked is it becos of high forehead, she said it's the ears. cut so that can "bring out the best beauty in us". *lol* haha! i'm the ok type, quite happy to cut it short too.

do they tell u what hairstyle will suit you the best during the trg, then u go and cut? saw this girl during interview with short bob... really look like air stewardess, nicely puffed up at the back and all. she must have become so experienced at doing it everyday.

old_man

Post by old_man » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:46 pm

Yo! greenlife. I'm 25 this yr.. this up-coming will be my 2nd attemp.. shit!!!
Wahahahaha! i'm fine to go together! juz keep me update! *Cheers~~

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 1:28 pm

is EYEBROW TATOO considered as tatoo in SIA?
it's considered as tatoo in Etihad.

is it ok 2 hv it in SIA?
I decide my future.

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 2:18 pm

Yoz! Old Man,

Do you have email address so we could in touch later...

Greenlife

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 2:21 pm

cantswim wrote:is EYEBROW TATOO considered as tatoo in SIA?
it's considered as tatoo in Etihad.

is it ok 2 hv it in SIA?
Good question! Never really thought of that huh? Anyway, I would think that so long as it's not a "greenish-blueish" color (which aunties seem to favor) and it looks natural on your face it would be ok? Guess I would need to check with my housemate on this 1...

Alley Cat

Post by Alley Cat » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 2:51 pm

Hey guys,

my hair is at a wierd length! The grooming standards states that trainees with long hair need to bun it. My hair is just touching the shoulders. I can't bun it, does that mean i have to cut it before training?

=(

sara sara sara

Post by sara sara sara » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 8:00 pm

serray wrote:haha... wat type of ears u have?
meaning if ur ear is batted, u'll get short hair, and if ur ears stick nice n close to ur head, u'll gt long hair? this will b throughout ur entire flying career?

:cool: haha.. interesting...
well, i can't really answer but it think it is more or less likely it is throughout the entire career. there is one thing though, short or long - not fly away hair at all.
To be or not to be, that is not a question. It is thy choice to be what you could be, should one reach into thee true potential.

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 8:06 pm

sara sara sara wrote:
meaning if ur ear is batted, u'll get short hair, and if ur ears stick nice n close to ur head, u'll gt long hair? this will b throughout ur entire flying career?

well, i can't really answer but it think it is more or less likely it is throughout the entire career. there is one thing though, short or long - not fly away hair at all.
oh god..i'm so nervous now~ I've got like fly away hair all over! my hair quality isn't that good, do you think they'll pick on that too? :-| and regarding scars on the arm, are ALL sorts of scars are not acceptable? I've got so badly bitten abroad recently.. :cry: anyone know of ayway to rid scars? thanks a billion gals..

sara sara sara

Post by sara sara sara » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 8:09 pm

joyfulpapaya wrote:
wawaa wrote:Hey Sara...

hi sara and wawaa, during the 2nd round the lady asked if i were to be selected, will i be ok if requested to cut short my hair. i asked is it becos of high forehead, she said it's the ears. cut so that can "bring out the best beauty in us". *lol* haha! i'm the ok type, quite happy to cut it short too.

do they tell u what hairstyle will suit you the best during the trg, then u go and cut? saw this girl during interview with short bob... really look like air stewardess, nicely puffed up at the back and all. she must have become so experienced at doing it everyday.
hi joyfulpapaya,
the beautican who checks you will look every where from face ears hair neck and forearms as well.

hi wawaa,
I would like to say yes, but i have not gone for grooming so i don't know about the judging during training.

However, my advice is, if you had that kinda comment then go ahead, cut short. I also did a bob for my interview that day but honestly bob can go outta shape pretty easy and you must bear in mind that you have to have no fly away hair; so i may cut is even shorter to maintain.
To be or not to be, that is not a question. It is thy choice to be what you could be, should one reach into thee true potential.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 8:19 pm

vic_kie wrote:
sara sara sara wrote:

oh god..i'm so nervous now~ I've got like fly away hair all over! my hair quality isn't that good, do you think they'll pick on that too? :-| and regarding scars on the arm, are ALL sorts of scars are not acceptable? I've got so badly bitten abroad recently.. :cry: anyone know of ayway to rid scars? thanks a billion gals..
Hey, SQ girls use alot of hairspray. Hairspray become their best friend to tame all those fly aways :)

vic_kie

Post by vic_kie » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 8:23 pm

Hey, SQ girls use alot of hairspray. Hairspray become their best friend to tame all those fly aways :)[/quote]

Thanks Deenah! :D hm.. but i'm not good at grooming, how should i do y hair to make it look presentable on the 1st day of interview? I've got long n natural-wavy hair..n i don't know how to bun them up.. :oops:

sara sara sara

Post by sara sara sara » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 8:35 pm

vic_kie wrote:
sara sara sara wrote:

hi vie,
hair sprays and more damage control shld do the work for it. not to worry..

as for scars, i have one on my left forearm which i think can be seen under light, but i got through. that is all i know.

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 8:38 pm

Just finish reading all ur comments on hair n i was just wondering...

i have very fluffy thick hair (think: Michelle Chia), and since it's very long now, my bun would be quite fat. i do have a little battered left ear and im worrying now because my hair quality and texture does not allow short hair. it doesnt tame and i have natural curls which grows out of rebonding every 3 months. cant imagine if they were short. i prolly have to rebond every 2 mths? oh nooooo!!! will they also take my hair quality into consideration? i would gladly cut my hair short bob (i so love Deeenah's hair) but my hair quality just wouldnt allow that.

*sobz*