Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 7:01 pm

-deleted-
Last edited by Shreked on Mon, 25 Jun 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 7:41 pm

hi peeps.. first day was ok i guess.. juz can't get used to all the good morning, gd afternoon etc etc.. seems a lil fake to me...

however, my batchmates are really nice ppl.. believe we'll have a fun time training together.. (once i get accustomed to the the culture) :?
~~I wanna fly too~~

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 7:54 pm

joyfulpapaya wrote:hey gals, how did ur first day go?? learnt anything already?
Yah, learnt alot... but forgot alot oso.. Haha!!! Cos it's so god-damned tiring!! :-|
I'm just gona knock out early today... no more watching of tv shows for tonight... :(

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 9:02 pm

Hey eveningstar,
thanks! the trainees in STC are dressed very smartly in office wear. The trainers are strict about grooming including tops, skirt length etc.

Hey sara,
haha i knew it must be you my babe hehe :D see you tmr!

Hey woodstock,
thanks! training was fun cuz we got a really nice trainer and awesome batchmates :D

Hey joyfulpapaya,
we got to know our batchmates better, learn the mission statement, core values, history of SIA and the SIA song & pledge :D

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 9:10 pm

Geez, now im scared. im glad u had fun! cant wait to join u all! i better go shopping now. =|

autumn-reverie wrote:Hey eveningstar,
thanks! the trainees in STC are dressed very smartly in office wear. The trainers are strict about grooming including tops, skirt length etc.

Hey sara,
haha i knew it must be you my babe hehe :D see you tmr!

Hey woodstock,
thanks! training was fun cuz we got a really nice trainer and awesome batchmates :D

Hey joyfulpapaya,
we got to know our batchmates better, learn the mission statement, core values, history of SIA and the SIA song & pledge :D

ihateveg

Post by ihateveg » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 9:19 pm

hey girls

anyone can advise if we are allowed to wear a watch or necklace when we are in the kebaya? or is it strictly no accessories whatsoever...?

thx!

tamm

Post by tamm » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:03 pm

hey hey... thanks to all that replied to me post... =)

but guess i gotta give the interview that is on July 15 a miss.. still in canada at that time & will only be back in end august... well hopefully SIA will have another round of interview during that time :D

For those that have gone for the SIA interview, care to share what happens during the walk-ins? I know that there will be a group intro & kebaya wearing... anything else to expect?

to all that have started on their training... HAVE FUN... =)
Keep us posted on what's going on yeah... :wink:

sara sara sara

Post by sara sara sara » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:21 pm

Hello autumn and all (pardon me, don't know who is who for now)!

Our first day wasn't that bad, I guess. Just a not adjusted to the greeting, reading, singing, and keeping eyes & brains wide open; but I believe we'll all do fine. Great batchmates and trainer - what more can we ever ask for? *haa* =]
To be or not to be, that is not a question. It is thy choice to be what you could be, should one reach into thee true potential.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:22 pm

Hi Tamm, there is also a 1-1 interview on the same day itself. Just try for the next walk in yeah? All the best!

shibbybides

Post by shibbybides » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:22 pm

YAAAAAAAAY! i survived through the first day.

its awesome la.. i had so much fun!

WHOO HOOO!

must sing SIA song

maciam like school la...

*clap* *clap*

and machi is our CLASS MONITOR CAN??

beat that..

sara sara sara

Post by sara sara sara » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:30 pm

ihateveg wrote:hey girls

anyone can advise if we are allowed to wear a watch or necklace when we are in the kebaya? or is it strictly no accessories whatsoever...?

thx!
According to the grooming guide that we got, there are a number of restriction on your watch: strap gold, silver or black/brown/navy blue leather, plain, etc. As for necklace, none is allowed when you are in the uniform.

Hope this helps, cos I am just reading off the information.
To be or not to be, that is not a question. It is thy choice to be what you could be, should one reach into thee true potential.

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:32 pm

hey all u guys, so exciting huh! u guys can start a batch thread! hehe :) so happy for you all...and cant wait to be joining u guys soon!! 25th~~ :D wait for me~~ ha!

ihateveg

Post by ihateveg » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:43 pm

sara sara sara wrote:
ihateveg wrote:hey girls

thx!
According to the grooming guide that we got, there are a number of restriction on your watch: strap gold, silver or black/brown/navy blue leather, plain, etc. As for necklace, none is allowed when you are in the uniform.

Hope this helps, cos I am just reading off the information.
thx for your prompt reply! :) enjoy your training! can't wait to join you guys soon.. still waiting for medical results.. have fun! do update us!

shibbybides

Post by shibbybides » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:19 pm

yay yay!

so cool! cant wait to see you man!

*woot*
thinkerbelle wrote:hey all u guys, so exciting huh! u guys can start a batch thread! hehe :) so happy for you all...and cant wait to be joining u guys soon!! 25th~~ :D wait for me~~ ha!

thinkerbelle
Regular
Regular

Post by thinkerbelle » Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:02 am

shibbybides wrote:yay yay!

so cool! cant wait to see you man!

*woot*
thinkerbelle wrote:hey all u guys, so exciting huh! u guys can start a batch thread! hehe :) so happy for you all...and cant wait to be joining u guys soon!! 25th~~ :D wait for me~~ ha!

YO! Meet you, stupidangelss and autumn for lunch when i get there alright! by the wae u know who these nicks are right? i dun wanna mention names in case they dun like it :) yeah keep it going guys! enjoy training and can guide me along k? :) hahahahah. so fun to already know u all. i shud be batch 922 or 923... tilllll i gett thereeee guys!! :kiss:

and good luck to all those pending medicals! see u all at stc! :)