Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 2:36 pm

Yup. I hope everyone here gets through~ Hopefully we can have a small little posse here of our own. :)

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 2:37 pm

yupyup... i really do wish for that... can't wait for 15th to come faster!

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 2:41 pm

Don't worry bliss. It is about 2.5 weeks to go! ALL THE BEST!! GOOD LUCK!

serray

Post by serray » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 3:20 pm

hi...

i'm really curious if u gurls ever feel insecure amidst so many beautiful girls... and if ur nt those who are really pretty, dunt u feel like an outcast?
i'm sure there are some really beautiful ones that outcast those whom they deemed unfit to be in their clique right?

i'm just curious lah~ haha

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 3:22 pm

Hi serray,

Of course I would feel like i'm too fat,ugly to be among the roses when I was queue-ing up for the walk in interview. But you just gotta believe in yourself. Let your personality shine through, cos it makes you WAY more attractive. If they wanna outcast me because I am not pretty enough, says alot about THEIR personality right? :D

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 3:28 pm

serray wrote:hi...

i'm really curious if u gurls ever feel insecure amidst so many beautiful girls... and if ur nt those who are really pretty, dunt u feel like an outcast?
i'm sure there are some really beautiful ones that outcast those whom they deemed unfit to be in their clique right?

i'm just curious lah~ haha
not alot are really drop dead gorgeous also... =X

PS: I changed my avatar! 8-)
~~I wanna fly too~~

serray

Post by serray » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 3:55 pm

whoo... the replies were really quick man~

quite true hor.. i alson seen FA that ain't that gorgeous... but majority is.
my friends who just got into SIA is constantly struggling with insecurities although is not that bad herself, and i personally feel that she is a changed person.

and because of insecurities, she broke up with her bf who is a god-damn-good guy with looks, height, wonderful personality, career and family background. duno what the hell is wrong with her. quite saddening. :(

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 4:10 pm

yeah i do feel inferior among all the beautiful SIA girls :( i guess it's very important to have like-minded friends who will keep you grounded and firm in your beliefs. Otherwise, it'll be easy to get influenced by others and lose yourself.

hey Serray,
maybe you could try talking to your friend again? Reassure her how beautiful she is both inside and out :)

serray

Post by serray » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 4:16 pm

tsk... facts of life i guess... since you wan to be in this line, you should be prepared for this i guess... haiz~

i think everybody around her has been re-assuring her that she is beautiful, in fact she is... and she's really an amazing person minus her insecurities. she's fun and very sporty, and she shines in front of everybody. actually i'm quite sure u'll like her if u c her... but still, she can't gt over her insecurities.

aiyoh~ talk to her like a millions times and she's still like that. hahahahaha... i guess there's no point helping her if she doesn't want to help herself right?

rika2

Post by rika2 » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 4:21 pm

heygurls!

u talked abt kerbaya tops. wad about e bottom? isit suppose to coem in 2 same proporationate sizes? isit SKIN/ BUTT tight too? cuz im not really stick thin. i got curves! hahahahaa :lol:

cheers,
rika
follow your bliss~

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 4:22 pm

Dear gal,

i strongly believe beauty is skin deep... :) there are definitely pretty girls out there who are nice...but i heard of situation opposite from what you just mentioned ,that nice pretty girls can sometimes be outcasted (maybe too strong a word to use,"distant" would be appropriate)... by other girls esp in office setting...because of their outstanding appearance...

Again, in SIA there are sure nice pretty girls as well....*cough**cough*like our autumn, deenah, eveningstar and many more from these forum....not forgetting those who will be going for the upcoming recruitment drive & inspire to make a difference in SIA ya!
:)
.CEL.

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 4:37 pm

CelT wrote:Dear gal,

i strongly believe beauty is skin deep... :) there are definitely pretty girls out there who are nice...but i heard of situation opposite from what you just mentioned ,that nice pretty girls can sometimes be outcasted (maybe too strong a word to use,"distant" would be appropriate)... by other girls esp in office setting...because of their outstanding appearance...

Again, in SIA there are sure nice pretty girls as well....*cough**cough*like our autumn, deenah, eveningstar and many more from these forum....not forgetting those who will be going for the upcoming recruitment drive & inspire to make a difference in SIA ya!
:)
and machi17 also.... :lol:
~~I wanna fly too~~

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 4:39 pm

rika2 wrote:heygurls!

u talked abt kerbaya tops. wad about e bottom? isit suppose to coem in 2 same proporationate sizes? isit SKIN/ BUTT tight too? cuz im not really stick thin. i got curves! hahahahaa :lol:

cheers,
rika
Mine wasn't lah. I dun have much of butt too. But my kebaya bottom that I chose was damn long so I had to like pull it up all the way to the upper part of my waist and had to fold it twice! This made the slit in the middle go up higher. I was so afraid that I would flash the interviewer. So I kept on walking and placed my hands "demurely" in front of me so that I can hold on to the slit together. :P

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 4:41 pm

i guess it does boils down to confident too as well... must have self confident! and u'll shine thru' :D

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 4:42 pm

sometimes whenever i read the forums, the news, the webpage of SIA, it always talks about the singapore girl, the sarong kebaya...

AARRGGHH!!! i going to make them remember and recognise the singapore boy! :twisted:
~~I wanna fly too~~