Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rika2

Post by rika2 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:08 pm

when u all went for e interview, did anyone mention anything abt how many recruitment they gonna be having this year? isit still e 4 like in the past?

i just spoke to my fs guy pal now in training. he told me they are MASS recruiting now. They will be taking more batches but in smaller numbers per group. The high demand in intake now is due to an upcoming SIA airbus. i duno how accurate is that.

But anyways heres one good inside news for all u interested parties!

cheers!
rika =)
follow your bliss~

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:18 pm

there r lots of diff reasons y SQ is hiring like crazy... like the new airbus and also the turnover rate.. i suppose its a combination of both.. cos lots of ppl are finishin 5 years and leavin with the gratuity.. girls are leavin in 2 years, to continue studies.. tats y their common questions in management is how u see this job as a long term career.. plus the new airbus, more senior crew are goin to be in those airbuses, so i guess they are juz preparing for the mass turnover rate.. oh well, if they mis calculate, then the new batches r in trouble.. too many FA, too little flights, lower pay... :(
~~I wanna fly too~~

rika2

Post by rika2 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:24 pm

machi17 wrote:there r lots of diff reasons y SQ is hiring like crazy... like the new airbus and also the turnover rate.. i suppose its a combination of both.. cos lots of ppl are finishin 5 years and leavin with the gratuity.. girls are leavin in 2 years, to continue studies.. tats y their common questions in management is how u see this job as a long term career.. plus the new airbus, more senior crew are goin to be in those airbuses, so i guess they are juz preparing for the mass turnover rate.. oh well, if they mis calculate, then the new batches r in trouble.. too many FA, too little flights, lower pay... :(
so its true? hmm.....tts bad. cuz i might be considering a long term if i can successfully get in. i just resigned from current job!

*heh*
follow your bliss~

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:25 pm

congrats 2 deenah, eveningstar & wawaa!!

thx 4 all de info n advices dat u've given us :D

lilprincess, celt, woodstock, let's join dem!! hehe 8-)
I decide my future.

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:27 pm

hey~ actually long term is really gd.. cos if u really stay long, after 5 years, u'll get more reputable and wif experience and all, its better considered to those new ppl i guess.. so tats gd! i'll definitely stay for years at least, and see how after tat.. 8-)
~~I wanna fly too~~

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:50 pm

Rika2,

I agree with machi here. Long term is definitely good. They will be looking at those who can stay with them long term. Do try for the July 15th interview and tell us how it went okie?

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:52 pm

cantswim wrote:congrats 2 deenah, eveningstar & wawaa!!

thx 4 all de info n advices dat u've given us :D

lilprincess, celt, woodstock, let's join dem!! hehe 8-)
Thanks!

Just shoot us any questions about the rounds. Will try to answer them to our best ability! We will be hoping all of you get in for this upcoming recruitment.

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 5:22 pm

haha yes! it'll be really nice if more of the lovely ladies here join SIA. We can start our little support group to encourage each other :lol:

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 6:04 pm

okay..i know many are still in the celebration mood..hehe..sorry to interrupt though..
just curious, have you seen any guy who went with a moustache during the final interview make it? i know the stewards are strictly prohibited from keeping moustache ey?
during my 1-1, the interviewer asked me if i'm keeping it for religious purposes or not..i said it can be taken off when the need arises..he never really told me to get it off if i want to proceed to the next round..
so, anyone care to clarify?

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 6:49 pm

rika2 wrote:when u all went for e interview, did anyone mention anything abt how many recruitment they gonna be having this year? isit still e 4 like in the past?

i just spoke to my fs guy pal now in training. he told me they are MASS recruiting now. They will be taking more batches but in smaller numbers per group. The high demand in intake now is due to an upcoming SIA airbus. i duno how accurate is that.

But anyways heres one good inside news for all u interested parties!

cheers!
rika =)

Hi Rika,

SIA wont reveal wen the next recruitments n the no. will be. They're pretty confidential. Tats wat I heard frm my fren too who's flying, they r recruiting more frequently as first of all the launch of the new airbusses then they r expecting many to resign after getting their bonus this july. Guess they takin only like 20 eventually to fit into 1 batch or class from the 500++ applicants.

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 6:55 pm

hi, just wondering... does the no. of times you try and how far u got thru each time affect your chances of getting in at all?

btw, gratz deenah and the rest~! good luck in everything, ganbatte!!! >.<

shibbybides

stupid blood pressure

Post by shibbybides » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 7:16 pm

Eveningstar wrote:yeappers 5/9 pass mgmt interview, 3 consist of me wawa n deenah! remember to dress well n smart! also, 1 girl got cut because she was way too skinny... so if you r of of those skinny lads, please eat more! and of cus, after the mgmt, remain calm, dun get high blood pressure like me. i almost cried! cant imagine failing the entire thing juz for high blood pressure. -_-" I went back today and my pressure is normal already, but i dunno if they are gunna mark me down. =(
HEY MY BLOOD PRESSURE SHOT UP TOO!
KNS. passed through all the rounds but blood pressure failed. so suay! haha. the female doc told me she cant pass me.

I ALMOST WANT TO DIE CAN? i want to stab myself with the unrine paper or something.

But she super nice la. anyhow, i was told to come back after a few hours or the next day.

I came back an hour later after stoning out at borders. (my friend adviced me to engage in some boring activity. freak!)

and yeeeeah! my blood pressure went down. it worked! Whoo hoo! Praise God!

and i will be starting my training on 25th june. so dun worry la.. no biggie one. as long as you clear it they will call you lo..

cheers! see you in STC! woot!

MelissaLin

Post by MelissaLin » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 9:52 pm

wow..feeling so excited for all of u :D

cheers to all those who went for it & kudos to those who passed!!!
all e best ya, just feeling so happy for u all
I wanna be one

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Re: stupid blood pressure

Post by Eveningstar » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:11 pm

OMGGGGG IM NOT ALONE! HAHAHHA!! love u man! i stoned there for 10 mins to retake the BP but failed still. i went to my family clinic to confirm that i am normal, then went back this morning to re-take. *phew* i'll see ya in STC ya? Must see me hor!!!! *cross fingers* haha!
shibbybides wrote:
Eveningstar wrote:yeappers 5/9 pass mgmt interview, 3 consist of me wawa n deenah! remember to dress well n smart! also, 1 girl got cut because she was way too skinny... so if you r of of those skinny lads, please eat more! and of cus, after the mgmt, remain calm, dun get high blood pressure like me. i almost cried! cant imagine failing the entire thing juz for high blood pressure. -_-" I went back today and my pressure is normal already, but i dunno if they are gunna mark me down. =(
HEY MY BLOOD PRESSURE SHOT UP TOO!
KNS. passed through all the rounds but blood pressure failed. so suay! haha. the female doc told me she cant pass me.

I ALMOST WANT TO DIE CAN? i want to stab myself with the unrine paper or something.

But she super nice la. anyhow, i was told to come back after a few hours or the next day.

I came back an hour later after stoning out at borders. (my friend adviced me to engage in some boring activity. freak!)

and yeeeeah! my blood pressure went down. it worked! Whoo hoo! Praise God!

and i will be starting my training on 25th june. so dun worry la.. no biggie one. as long as you clear it they will call you lo..

cheers! see you in STC! woot!

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:18 pm

rurik0 wrote:hi, just wondering... does the no. of times you try and how far u got thru each time affect your chances of getting in at all?

btw, gratz deenah and the rest~! good luck in everything, ganbatte!!! >.<

Hi rurik0,

the no.of times MUST be reflected in ur application form n how it affects u is tat they will see how determine u r based on the no. of times which means is a good thing at the same time how far u got tru doesnt really matter usually they will just ask u during the 1-1 intv which round the furthest u go...then explain frm there.