Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 9:01 pm

I second that DeeeNah! :D this forum has really helped us alot. It's amazing that I already know 4 batchmates from here haha. right Machi17? :P

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 9:03 pm

u guys r starting on 25th june? so lucky!!! i cant wait to be in ur shoes! have fun ya? and keep us updated on ur life in STC! hehe... i hope i pass my medical exam... *cross fingers* and we'll meet up for lunch! so exciting!!!

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 9:20 pm

Eveningstar wrote: hey u mean ur mgmt is this sunday? y so good. i had to take leave tdy!!! Grrrrr...

just relax, smile, keep eye contact, be polite and confident and positive! u'll be fine
yess..this sunday in Malaysia..hope to be one of you too! thanks for the tips..will try to think of your words of wisdom should i have problems! 8-) 8-)

RaMz
Regular
Regular

Post by RaMz » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 9:21 pm

Eveningstar wrote: hey u mean ur mgmt is this sunday? y so good. i had to take leave tdy!!! Grrrrr...

just relax, smile, keep eye contact, be polite and confident and positive! u'll be fine
yess..this sunday in Malaysia..hope to be one of you too! thanks for the tips..will try to think of your words of wisdom should i have problems! 8-) 8-)

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 9:37 pm

goodie luck!!! for me i was asked alot on how i handle difficult situations and what qualities i have... mostly revolving around my current job, asking me for examples of wut i did.

however, deeenah's seem to be more on why she wan a change of career.

i tink just show ur interest and be positive! oh and dress well! those without collars were out. =( they r particular about image i tink. wear makeup too. hehe

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 9:42 pm

autumn-reverie, Yeah once eveningstar, wawaa and I have confirmed our batch, let's go about organizing one!

eveningstar, you sure will pass your medical one lah! Don't worry!

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:10 pm

hey autumn! u know 4? i only know u and another girl u said b4.. lol :???:
~~I wanna fly too~~

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 1:49 am

Eveningstar wrote:Hey everyone!!! guess wut? me, wawa n deeenah passed out mgmt today!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! how cool is that!

thanks for all the advices, tips and help that u've shared. deeply appreciated! *big hugz to all*
Congrats to all 3 of u!!! So happy to hear that u all managed to sail thru successfully! :D :D

So how was the passing rate for the batch?

littleprincess

Post by littleprincess » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 8:20 am

Eveningstar wrote:Hey everyone!!! guess wut? me, wawa n deeenah passed out mgmt today!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! how cool is that!

thanks for all the advices, tips and help that u've shared. deeply appreciated! *big hugz to all*
Congrats babes... wish u girls e best in soaring high... Proud of u too!!!

Hope the rest of us can join u girls one day... For those who r trying on 15th Jul... gd luck... Jia You!!! Jia You!!!

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 9:19 am

Thanks 12345 and littleprincess,

If any of you girls are trying out for the 15th July recruitment, all the best!!!

woodstock
Regular
Regular

Post by woodstock » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:38 am

Wow.. quite a number of the forum members got into SIA. :) Congratulations! Happy for u all. I've been reading the thread of this forum from the last 50 pages or so.... I could feel the rollercoster feeling from waiting for the 1st interview to the final selection. Hehe...

Now it's my turn now. It's my 4th time trying after stopping abt 10 years ago! :) So u can guess how old I am.

Anyway, I'm based in KL and thought of trying out this up-coming walk-in interview in Singapore. Is there any malaysians travelling to Singapore for this interview?

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:51 am

Hi Woodstock,

yes! there's defintely Malaysians who travel all the way for the walk-in. I did come across some, either they drive down on a 1 day affair or stay over at a relative place. Don't worry for the age, if they like u n find u pleasent age doesnt matter. And never give up tryin to those who really wish to pursue flying coz me myself I lost count on how many times I tried way back in 2003 but comfortably I guess 8 times n I finally got tru with Deenah n eveningstar yest! And I still find find it hard to believe...haha.

Oh yah for the benefit of those trying this comin walk-in, I'll just share wif u guys my experience n wat to expect at each round. Actually this 8 tries n the experience I got with Emirates intv as well has helped me a lot to improve n get myeslf prepared but despite tat I'm always nervous..

Round 1 (Group intro): Frankly speaking at this round i never knoe how they select the girls. I just got this intuition tat first impression counts n most importantly they r attracted to u either ur personality or image. And luck plays a lot here!! SOme ppl who speaks badly still got tru or how sloppish u dress in tubes or slippers still move on to the next round. One impt thing to those who tried many2 times, PLEASE STATE THE DATES in the application form u previously applied, this will really help u to escalate to the next round. Tats what I did, basically they knoe tat ur determine n tats wat I always did. NO BRACES n SPECATACLES plsss.Dont share ur grandfather stories...or talk rubbish n not even selling urself too hard. Keep it short n simple. Nowadays they like givin the girls a topic to share like during mine..Whats ur views on plastic surgery n which part of u wld u go for one?

Passing rate: Most of the time 3 or 4 ot of 10

Round 2 (Kebaya fitting): This has always been my killer round. Most of the time I got cut here n the furthest I got frm all the previous tries. Frm my experience n observation those girls who got skin problem like acne scars....weird walking, scar (as long as its not very obvious) on the visible parts of the kebaya etc usually got cut here. PLs walk gracefully, NO CATWALKING! Walk naturally. u got to haf pleasent skin need not be perfect. I always got cut here previously due to my facial skin, I never had a flawless one (always havin breakouts, white n balckheads) back in those yrs so I spent quite a bomb to improve my skin condition (my skin r cleared took 6mths for this). I even put on braces years ago to fix up my crooked teeth.Knowing tat I did all this for the sake of this job, told myself I cannot give up.

Passing rate: 3 or 4 out of 10 but during mine 8/10 the highest ever I've seen.

Round 3 (One-to-One): This is an easy stage but still u get eliminated! U just need to talk n talk, show ur enthusiasm n hide ur nervousness. Smile a lot! Being v.quiet n reserved doesnt help coz ur outta there immediately.
They will just ask u questions why u wana be a fs, ur hobbies, abt ur job experience.

Passing rate: Mostly 1 or 2 only got cut out.

Round 1 - 3 all done during the same day of the walk-in.

ANother day
Round 4: (Water confidence test): Easy round as well but there is still elimination! Passing rate usually quite high here. Those who cant swim no worries there is a life jacket n u'll still make it tru. Just tat NEVER EVER hesitant to jump down its an immediate failure! N those who got cut usually becoz thery r either too skinny or too heavy. Skin check is done here but very quick one they just wana look for any visible tatoos.

Passing rate: MIne was 10/11. usually only a few got cut here.

Another day
Round 5: (Mgt intv): AS been discussed here, this is actually the killer round coz they slashed out quite a lot usually half. Please be in FORMAL attire with collared top n tailored pants. Put on light make up n shoes with heels. First impression counts n u wdnt want to get cut becoz of ur attire. Need not bun up ur hair just tie up will do. For me I find this intv very informal, chit-chat session with the 2 interviewers in the rm. Almost the same ting with round 3, u got to smile n smile! Show ur enthusiasm again, give a lot of gd qualities abt urself which u can contribute to flying but never lead on to being boastful. They will ask u things like how long u intend to fly n wats ur future plans...ur family..touched on ur job experience which relates to customer service...how u keep fit n wat wld u do if u dont get this job. It all depends on ur experience lah..diff ppl gets diff sets of questions. BUt frm wat I noticed during my mtg intv, those who r inside the rm for quite sometime usually got tru n those who had short quick ones, they r eliminated. Guess the longer ones they r interested to know more abt u. If u got cut here, u can only apply again after 6 mths! which is a long wait for ppl like me who's getting older :P

Passing rate: 5/9

So wen ur done wit the mtg intv, head straight for medical chkup either on the same day or next day and SIA will contact u within 2 wks to inform u the next step. One of the girls who went wit me (eveningstar) her blood pressure shoot up! Pls be calm ...relax guess she was too nervous. This cld jeopardise ur medical report.

Wen I learned tat I got tru the mtg intv...frankly speakin I didnt knoe whether to be excited or not...my mood turned of wen the malay lady gave me some remarks on my make up n looking old. WHen I saw her walking out of the intv rm witout any pc of paper in her hands, I tot ok Im gone! I was then called up by her n she gave me some comments. SHe told me tat I almost didnt get it...which she suspects tat I look older than my age...she said my make up is so wrong, hair makes me old almost everything on my face was wrong!! So the excitement was gone on the spot. SHe told me to cut my hair short n improvised on my make up. Actualy I'm fine wit cutting my hair but make up? Arent we gona be trained n taught how to put on proper? I was taken aback coz things like this esp the physical aspect it can be CHANGED most imptly the qualities n personality u haf to possessed to be in this line. She was then tellin me u got to expect this kind of things wen ur a fs else u get grounded! Gosh I haven even started n Im getting all this oredi. But I guess okla nice of her to give me some constructive advices at least I knoe where I go wrong.

So to those tryin...I hope this is very2 useful. I really wish to help n motivate those who tried many2 times...tell urself never give up n always2 go for every walk-in ...it helps u to be better.Gd luck!!

littleprincess

Post by littleprincess » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:07 pm

wawaa wrote:Hi Woodstock,

yes! there's defintely Malaysians who travel all the way for the walk-in. I did come across some, either they drive down on a 1 day affair or stay over at a relative place. Don't worry for the age, if they like u n find u pleasent age doesnt matter. And never give up tryin to those who really wish to pursue flying coz me myself I lost count on how many times I tried way back in 2003 but comfortably I guess 8 times n I finally got tru with Deenah n eveningstar yest! And I still find find it hard to believe...haha.

Oh yah for the benefit of those trying this comin walk-in, I'll just share wif u guys my experience n wat to expect at each round. Actually this 8 tries n the experience I got with Emirates intv as well has helped me a lot to improve n get myeslf prepared but despite tat I'm always nervous..

Round 1 (Group intro): Frankly speaking at this round i never knoe how they select the girls. I just got this intuition tat first impression counts n most importantly they r attracted to u either ur personality or image. And luck plays a lot here!! SOme ppl who speaks badly still got tru or how sloppish u dress in tubes or slippers still move on to the next round. One impt thing to those who tried many2 times, PLEASE STATE THE DATES in the application form u previously applied, this will really help u to escalate to the next round. Tats what I did, basically they knoe tat ur determine n tats wat I always did. NO BRACES n SPECATACLES plsss.Dont share ur grandfather stories...or talk rubbish n not even selling urself too hard. Keep it short n simple. Nowadays they like givin the girls a topic to share like during mine..Whats ur views on plastic surgery n which part of u wld u go for one?

Passing rate: Most of the time 3 or 4 ot of 10

Round 2 (Kebaya fitting): This has always been my killer round. Most of the time I got cut here n the furthest I got frm all the previous tries. Frm my experience n observation those girls who got skin problem like acne scars....weird walking, scar (as long as its not very obvious) on the visible parts of the kebaya etc usually got cut here. PLs walk gracefully, NO CATWALKING! Walk naturally. u got to haf pleasent skin need not be perfect. I always got cut here previously due to my facial skin, I never had a flawless one (always havin breakouts, white n balckheads) back in those yrs so I spent quite a bomb to improve my skin condition (my skin r cleared took 6mths for this). I even put on braces years ago to fix up my crooked teeth.Knowing tat I did all this for the sake of this job, told myself I cannot give up.

Passing rate: 3 or 4 out of 10 but during mine 8/10 the highest ever I've seen.

Round 3 (One-to-One): This is an easy stage but still u get eliminated! U just need to talk n talk, show ur enthusiasm n hide ur nervousness. Smile a lot! Being v.quiet n reserved doesnt help coz ur outta there immediately.
They will just ask u questions why u wana be a fs, ur hobbies, abt ur job experience.

Passing rate: Mostly 1 or 2 only got cut out.

Round 1 - 3 all done during the same day of the walk-in.

ANother day
Round 4: (Water confidence test): Easy round as well but there is still elimination! Passing rate usually quite high here. Those who cant swim no worries there is a life jacket n u'll still make it tru. Just tat NEVER EVER hesitant to jump down its an immediate failure! N those who got cut usually becoz thery r either too skinny or too heavy. Skin check is done here but very quick one they just wana look for any visible tatoos.

Passing rate: MIne was 10/11. usually only a few got cut here.

Another day
Round 5: (Mgt intv): AS been discussed here, this is actually the killer round coz they slashed out quite a lot usually half. Please be in FORMAL attire with collared top n tailored pants. Put on light make up n shoes with heels. First impression counts n u wdnt want to get cut becoz of ur attire. Need not bun up ur hair just tie up will do. For me I find this intv very informal, chit-chat session with the 2 interviewers in the rm. Almost the same ting with round 3, u got to smile n smile! Show ur enthusiasm again, give a lot of gd qualities abt urself which u can contribute to flying but never lead on to being boastful. They will ask u things like how long u intend to fly n wats ur future plans...ur family..touched on ur job experience which relates to customer service...how u keep fit n wat wld u do if u dont get this job. It all depends on ur experience lah..diff ppl gets diff sets of questions. BUt frm wat I noticed during my mtg intv, those who r inside the rm for quite sometime usually got tru n those who had short quick ones, they r eliminated. Guess the longer ones they r interested to know more abt u. If u got cut here, u can only apply again after 6 mths! which is a long wait for ppl like me who's getting older :P

Passing rate: 5/9

So wen ur done wit the mtg intv, head straight for medical chkup either on the same day or next day and SIA will contact u within 2 wks to inform u the next step. One of the girls who went wit me (eveningstar) her blood pressure shoot up! Pls be calm ...relax guess she was too nervous. This cld jeopardise ur medical report.

Wen I learned tat I got tru the mtg intv...frankly speakin I didnt knoe whether to be excited or not...my mood turned of wen the malay lady gave me some remarks on my make up n looking old. WHen I saw her walking out of the intv rm witout any pc of paper in her hands, I tot ok Im gone! I was then called up by her n she gave me some comments. SHe told me tat I almost didnt get it...which she suspects tat I look older than my age...she said my make up is so wrong, hair makes me old almost everything on my face was wrong!! So the excitement was gone on the spot. SHe told me to cut my hair short n improvised on my make up. Actualy I'm fine wit cutting my hair but make up? Arent we gona be trained n taught how to put on proper? I was taken aback coz things like this esp the physical aspect it can be CHANGED most imptly the qualities n personality u haf to possessed to be in this line. She was then tellin me u got to expect this kind of things wen ur a fs else u get grounded! Gosh I haven even started n Im getting all this oredi. But I guess okla nice of her to give me some constructive advices at least I knoe where I go wrong.

So to those tryin...I hope this is very2 useful. I really wish to help n motivate those who tried many2 times...tell urself never give up n always2 go for every walk-in ...it helps u to be better.Gd luck!!

Wawaa... thanks for e advice and info... I have tried 4 times and felt a little demoralise ... But with so many courage from frenz ... I am still trying... though I will missed the chance for 15th July 2007 (as I am away) but I will wait for the next one...

Your advice have given me more motivation and the determination is my role to follow... I am trying to see what went wrong in my kebaya round... hopefully I can figure out and be part of this family soon...

All the best to the rest who are still trying like me ... Hee Hee :)

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:48 pm

Hello,

thanks to wawaa, machi, eveningstar, autumn reverie, Deenah & many others who contributed to this forum!...I have been following it since 21st april 2007 walk in....i think you all have been a great bunch.....im always so EXCITED & movtivated when i see your advices....how can they say stewardess & steward are "bimbotic" and bankcrupt morally when we have so nice futuristic stewardesses & steward from this forum.... :D
keep that spirit up, always encouraging & positive....even during your training......i will & want to make it there! :D
.CEL.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 1:03 pm

Dear Woodstock & littleprincess,

let us not give up & go all the way! :)

we are all moving towards the same dream....
.CEL.