Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 8:28 pm

oh, and don't worry about alarplasty swell... I went with someone who did it... it deswells much quicker than the tip. but, I think it makes it more painful to smile for quite some time.

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 8:37 pm

A Korean person once told me that a lot of people in Korea don't even consider nose job and double eyelid plastic surgery. She said almost everyone she knows (now living in Korea) has done their eyes and nose at a minimum... so of course the noses are nicer in Korea.

This is also the reason why on many statistical data, Korea is ranked lower in the amount of plastic surgery than Taiwan and Japan. But, there is no way... Korea definitely has had much more work; they are a very looks oriented country. I mean, just compare how their everyday people dress...

Anyway, for this same reason, the top Korean doc is probably better than the top Taiwan doc. But, this is assuming that the Korean doc cares a damn about you. Just because he has talent doesn't mean he's going to make sure he's going to apply his fullest talent on you. That's why I think those going to Dr. Jung made a good decision. Otherwise, I think Dr. Chuang is also very good and caring.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 9:06 pm

who wrote:A Korean person once told me that a lot of people in Korea don't even consider nose job and double eyelid plastic surgery. She said almost everyone she knows (now living in Korea) has done their eyes and nose at a minimum... so of course the noses are nicer in Korea.

This is also the reason why on many statistical data, Korea is ranked lower in the amount of plastic surgery than Taiwan and Japan. But, there is no way... Korea definitely has had much more work; they are a very looks oriented country. I mean, just compare how their everyday people dress...

Anyway, for this same reason, the top Korean doc is probably better than the top Taiwan doc. But, this is assuming that the Korean doc cares a damn about you. Just because he has talent doesn't mean he's going to make sure he's going to apply his fullest talent on you. That's why I think those going to Dr. Jung made a good decision. Otherwise, I think Dr. Chuang is also very good and caring.

its okay abt not sharing side profile..ermm..how much did you spend on accommodation? and food? i heard DeJaVu is ard S$90-100 per night?
Cry when you get ripped.

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 9:51 pm

i spent about 35 US a night since I split the costs with another girl. that was Deja Vu.
Food was very cheap... and Deja Vu always has a buffet breakfast for free in the morning.

Regular
Regular

Post by 244522 » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:32 pm

Hi Who

How is your eyelash implant progressing, if can report more on it. Would like to know more and see if it does make a difference. :)

I think your nose job look natural and nice, i think that's the most important.

Hey Ocean

I am still planning my time out for a nose job, at the same time figuring out to go for jung or chuang.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:50 pm

who wrote:i spent about 35 US a night since I split the costs with another girl. that was Deja Vu.
Food was very cheap... and Deja Vu always has a buffet breakfast for free in the morning.
thats the good thing! companion + shared cost, how great. i emailed dr chuang and asked if he has rooms for patients to recover after op for the next few days, but no news yet. oh, and i went to check jetstar asia, its S$456 to Taipei for 1 week. thats pretty reasonable i guess. but still more budget stuffs to make the overall cost less hefty. :D
Cry when you get ripped.

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:05 am

My nose tip is quite rounded and is slightly deform as one side looks bigger then the other. I really hate to take picture of my face directly at the camera. I wanna do alar reduction. But Im not sure where shld i do it and how much is the total cost? I've done some research and I saw picture of how the skin is pull up from the nose during the operation.. i feel like vomiting when i see that.. Im so scare that it will be very painful.. And I've flu very often. Will there be any test taken to ensure that patient is physically healthy to be operate on? And is the whole procedure safe? Will the nose job collaspe when many years? Anyone who have been through a nose job esp alar reduction, please share with me your experience.. btw, Im in my early 20s.

harajukugirl
Regular
Regular

Post by harajukugirl » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 1:16 am

guys.. do you think i'll be able to do all the following procedures for below S$15k at dr chuang? taking into account that there'll be discount for multiple procedures n mention tanjhj :)

- open rhinoplasty (full job.. including tip refinement, alar, implant)
- double eyelid + epicanthoplasty
- eyebrow succus pad
- eye levator muscle surgery
- cheekbone shaving
- cheek liposuction OR buccal fat removal

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 2:14 am

omg... harajuka.. you are going to look like another person... the bone thing is so serious... takes like half a year to heal, and many people complain about pain after doing this procedure for the rest of their life.

just be careful of what you wish for...
but I do think you can do it for that much, especially if you are not counting airfare, etc.

the eyelashes are doing good. They are an annoyance in two ways... very hard to curl them, and also if you don't, they look weird... other than that... very long lashes!

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 2:19 am

takuda,

he has overnight stay for a 100 US a night, but you won't need that unless you are doing really serious surgeries like bone shaving. He also suggests that you don't unless you are doing serious procedures.

ochtri17r

Post by ochtri17r » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 5:07 am

hi who,
is in Dr.Chuang clinic offer the IPL for dark spot removal?Or do you know what is the procedure can make the dark spot healing?
I really confuse to ask the nurse in his clinic,because they are not friendly.
Thanks for information.

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 5:22 am

ochtri,

sorry... i don't know

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Re: Kalyn finally did it

Post by kalyn » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 6:21 am

244522 wrote:
Hi

I am also going through an emotional period for my recovery. I also cried a lot, and think a lot, cause everyday my eyes seem changing and it doesnt seem to make a significant difference as i wanted. I keep on thinking what if its not big, what if its too round, will it turn droopy and etc.

So we are all on the same boat. Dont get discourage, because we cannot determine the final results, only after a few months then we can start to conclude something. The best thing we can do now is to be optimistic and concentarte on the recovery or other thing. cheers. This is just not within out control, so managing it is much easier.

by the way, does your sister like wong's skill? i heard his good at eyes but not sure about his nose job skill.

Hi, you must be strong too k? This is my 6th day post-op and the swelling doesn't seem to go down at all. I went back for a follow-up yesterday and Dr. Chuang was kinda "impressed" why is the swelling of my nose similar as just after op. :oops: He told me it might take a month for the swelling to go down for my case. :(

May I know what procedures did you do? Why will your eyes keep changing? Is it eyelids and because of the swelling?

Thanks for your encouragement! My sis told me that she's quite happy with Dr. Wong, she did her eyes and lip reduction, so she didn't do the nose. I've heard that he's good with eyes too but the charges are not that cheap(at least that's what I think). Eyelid surgery + epicantoplasty = $3000. It all depends on individual i guess.

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Re: KALO

Post by kalyn » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 6:24 am

yen2006 wrote:Hi all,

I just did my double eyelid & Epicantoplasty at KALO yesterday.

Dr Song did the KOREAN method for me, so recovery will be alot faster.

Abit swell now but think will look good after swell subsides..

Will update my photos 2 weeks later :)

yen
Hi yen, hope you're doing good with your recovery! May I know how much did your doctor charge for epicantoplasty alone?

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 6:28 am

ochtri17r wrote:
Hi kalyn

Im yanti,the girl who saw you too in wish clinic.
We were in the same taxi,you know?
Do you still in taiwan now?Cause i do,still in the same hotel like you.
Im feel fully swelling,same like you.
I think i look like a pig now.
:cry:
Hope you will recovery fast
Hihi yanti, of course I remember you. How's your recovery so far? I hope you're doing good. Still feeling pain? My head, nose, mouth is still swelling like mad. Eyes are deforming because of the swell, can you imagine that :cry:

I'm still in Taiwan, leaving on Sunday. I'll go back to remove my stiches on Sat, what about you? :)