Singapore Expats

looking for any good medicine for acne treatment

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
rmaa

looking for any good medicine for acne treatment

Post by rmaa » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 5:55 pm

Hi,
I got some type of fungal black spots over my face and under arm of my body. some times its very itchy. so please help me by recomending some medicine or a good clinic to consult..

thanks

serene987

Post by serene987 » Sat, 14 Apr 2007 8:30 am

I had some fungal spots as well. Mine looked like lighter coloured patches on my face. I have used daktarin (which is a antifungal cream) on some occasions and triderm (fungal cream which includes antibiotics and steroids) on other occasions. I think better to see doc first to confirm, because this must apply for several weeks to months.

emalf
Regular
Regular

Post by emalf » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 4:18 pm

here's a good skin clinic:

Maple Family & Skin Clinic
825 Tampines Street 81 #01-64 Singapore 520825
Tel : 6783-9038
Fax : 6788-5639

The Derm is called Dr Ong. Do call first as Dr Ong is not at the clinic all the time.

amylovespp

Post by amylovespp » Sat, 26 May 2007 1:05 pm

i tried VICHY , really good stuff!!!

kyshine

Post by kyshine » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:17 pm

i tried proactiv and it is damn good.
I recomemended it to a friend, who have a sensitive skin.

Now she look great after using it.

U can get it at the Watson Pharmacy.

kyshine

Post by kyshine » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:17 pm

i tried proactiv and it is damn good.
I recomemended it to a friend, who have a sensitive skin.

Now she look great after using it.

U can get it at the Watson Pharmacy.

kyshine

Post by kyshine » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:18 pm

ANother option is to visit National Skin center. But it going to cost you a bomb.

But heard tht the medicine prescribe is good

Faith4ever2

Post by Faith4ever2 » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:24 am

For acne treatment, i have been using a set of masque cream which is pretty good. It had helped to control my acne and pimples which i have lots of last time. Now, it helps to clear my face from the blemish.
Faith4ever

ladyrain

Post by ladyrain » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 1:36 am

i have been with acne for long long time, since i was 18, acne all over my body and face too, but now only acne on my body, which i dont know why, is it because i'm hyperactive? or is it because i spend so much time under the sun?
rock on...

Faith4ever2

Post by Faith4ever2 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:58 pm

Have you seen a doctor about it if it is all over your body and face? If face, i can recommend my beautican who is very good at treatment for problematic skin but i am not sure she can help with body too?

If you want, you can email her with your queries and see if she can help you with it. Her email address is [email protected]
Faith4ever

king87

Post by king87 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:26 pm

I thought acne is caused by bacteria and not fungi? If you're sure that fungal infection is affecting you then get anti-fungal products.

Otherwise i'll suggest you to use some common and useful acne products. For example, products containing benzoyl peroxide (neutrogena on the spot) .. and retin-A.

Getting a good exfoliant facial wash helps too. A simple deep skin facial wash may suffice though.

Other alternatives include antibiotics and accutane (last resort). Hope that is useful...

Faith4ever2

Post by Faith4ever2 » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 4:06 pm

Benzoyl Peroxide is very drying to one face. So is foam wash. I was discouraged from using this stuff from my beautican saying they might only give temporary relief (if any) but will create more problems in the future.
Faith4ever

zombofi
Regular
Regular

Post by zombofi » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 3:59 pm

Hello Faith4ever 2, how about Salycylic Acid? Is that drying and bad for the long term as well?

sherelle65

Post by sherelle65 » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 5:13 pm

In order to combat acne, you need to make some lifestyle changes. Acne is caused by hormone imbalance, nutrition, toxins and other pollutants, weak immune system etc and are triggerdd by sugar, milk, stress, blood sugar level fluctuations etc. Therefore to actually get rid of acne once and for all you need to take action to restore your body to a healthier state. Once you do that pimples start to disappear automatically.

Think about for a while. Once you accept it, you stop looking for quick-fixes (pills and creams). You start hunting for real solutions. Then you are on the right track. Alternatively you can keep buying pills and creams until cows come home.

Basically yo need to look for ways to detox your body, fix the causes first then the triggers will not affect you as much thus clearing the problem.

Bottom Line:
Cause + Trigger = Acne

Start working on the causes and you'll be on your way to clear skin. This I speak through 25 years of experience in this field. :D

Faith4ever2

Post by Faith4ever2 » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 6:07 pm

Hi Zombofi,

Just checked with my beautican. Salycylic Acid is used for peeling. In the long run, peeling will makes your face sensitive and you will have to really take care of your skin from the sun, otherwise pigmentation will appears very easily. Also, peeling is definitely drying too.

My beautican often discourage long term peeling and drying products. If you want, you can always email my beautican with your queries. Her email is [email protected] . You do not have to disclose your contact. If needed, just mentioned I recommend you to make queries.
Faith4ever