Singapore Expats

upcoming SIA recruitment: 3 June 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:33 am

I dunno.. but i always think that lucks play a big big part... some girls u think they won't get selected, and they got in.. others tried so hard but always get booted out...
netherless, i am still trying again next recruitement (it will be my 3rd time trying) .. heheh.. i wasn't in Singapore this june recruitement...
So anyone care to share their experience??? i heard this time was quite strict.. my frz got the topic "what are yr views on plastic surgery" :shock:

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:02 pm

Hi zcarina. I was in the last group of the kebaya round as well. Was your friend the one with the purple top?

Anyway I agree about the luck factor. Have to see if you are approachable enough or not. As I said I almost did not go through the kebaya round due to the height but I got a 2nd chance cos I asked for it. Probably showed them that I was genuinely interested in the job.

Not too sure if it was strict or not. This was my 1st time trying. My topic was "Most embarrassing moment of your life"

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:10 pm

I not sure wat she is wearing that day. so did u manage to go thru the kebaya round aft asking for the 2nd chance?? u waiting for the water confidence??? so any things to keep in mind during the kebaya round??

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Water confidence and Management interview on same day?

Post by Eveningstar » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:45 pm

Hi, may i check if water confidence and Management interview are held on the same day? are we allowed to wear bikini with a beach shorts?

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:45 pm

zcarina wrote:I dunno.. but i always think that lucks play a big big part... some girls u think they won't get selected, and they got in.. others tried so hard but always get booted out...
netherless, i am still trying again next recruitement (it will be my 3rd time trying) .. heheh.. i wasn't in Singapore this june recruitement...
So anyone care to share their experience??? i heard this time was quite strict.. my frz got the topic "what are yr views on plastic surgery" :shock:
yah...its my 2nd time applying and I can say they r very strict this time round.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 1:05 pm

zcarina wrote:I not sure wat she is wearing that day. so did u manage to go thru the kebaya round aft asking for the 2nd chance?? u waiting for the water confidence??? so any things to keep in mind during the kebaya round??
Yes I did manage to get through Kebaya round. 3 of us out of 6 girls got selected. Managed to get through the 1-1 interview as well. My WCT is next wednesday.

I don't know why they selected me though. I think you would need to look nice in the kebaya. Make friends with the people that are in the same group as you so that you can get honest opinions from them about how you look. Cos there are no mirrors in the room at all! When you walk towards the person take note of posture as well as smile smile smile. When she asks you a question,maintain eye contact and smile :) Guess that's about it!

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Water confidence and Management interview on same day?

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 1:07 pm

Eveningstar wrote:Hi, may i check if water confidence and Management interview are held on the same day? are we allowed to wear bikini with a beach shorts?
From what has been told to me, I don't think they are. The management interview and medical (if you pass the former) would be on the same day though.

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:08 pm

DeeeNah wrote:
zcarina wrote:I not sure wat she is wearing that day. so did u manage to go thru the kebaya round aft asking for the 2nd chance?? u waiting for the water confidence??? so any things to keep in mind during the kebaya round??
Yes I did manage to get through Kebaya round. 3 of us out of 6 girls got selected. Managed to get through the 1-1 interview as well. My WCT is next wednesday.

I don't know why they selected me though. I think you would need to look nice in the kebaya. Make friends with the people that are in the same group as you so that you can get honest opinions from them about how you look. Cos there are no mirrors in the room at all! When you walk towards the person take note of posture as well as smile smile smile. When she asks you a question,maintain eye contact and smile :) Guess that's about it!

good luck for yr WCT!!! and may u get to fly soon~~~ tks for the tips...i will keep trying.. tks... :D

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Re: Water confidence and Management interview on same day?

Post by Eveningstar » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:12 pm

omg. that means after WCT, there's another wait for the management interview. *faints* LOL thanks for replying! =D
DeeeNah wrote:
Eveningstar wrote:Hi, may i check if water confidence and Management interview are held on the same day? are we allowed to wear bikini with a beach shorts?
From what has been told to me, I don't think they are. The management interview and medical (if you pass the former) would be on the same day though.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:24 pm

zcarina -->Thanks. Not so concerned abt the jumping into the water part rather than the height factor. Wish me luck :)

Eveningstar -->When is ur WCT?

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:30 pm

Good luck to all going for Water Confidence soon! :D

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:39 pm

Mine is on 13th June! what should we wear?
DeeeNah wrote:zcarina -->Thanks. Not so concerned abt the jumping into the water part rather than the height factor. Wish me luck :)

Eveningstar -->When is ur WCT?

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:58 pm

Same as mine! What time is yours? I am wearing a black one piece. Safest but still not dowdy if you know what I mean. How about you? Did you attend the 3rd June recruitment? Which group were you in?

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 3:15 pm

Awesome! i was in gorup 60. =P geez i need to buy a 1 piece swimsuit then...
DeeeNah wrote:Same as mine! What time is yours? I am wearing a black one piece. Safest but still not dowdy if you know what I mean. How about you? Did you attend the 3rd June recruitment? Which group were you in?

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 3:24 pm

hey girls~

juz to share with u that when i went for my WCT in april, the tester kinda said that girsl that came in bikinis are quite dangerous as one of them actually had her bottom fallin off cos the impact of the jump is quite huge.. so better safe than sorry.. anyway, it states swimmin gear, so i guess u can go in one piece rather than bikinis.. my batch guys mostly went in board shorts and i wore speedos.. looked funny though.. haha~ :D

gd luck to all of you! all the best!
~~I wanna fly too~~