Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:23 pm

hmm... alright~ cos my fren also waiting for his medical results.. his is worse.. some who did medical since 10th may have yet to get their results... so long.. or is it cos they dun have any upcoming batches to accomodate? :???:
~~I wanna fly too~~

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 1:21 am

rurik0 wrote:
DeeeNah wrote:
rurik0 wrote:heyz deenah!! I was with you in the kebaya testing and was one of the 3 chosen to move on 2 the one on one. I was wearing pants... remember me?.. the 2nd gal to walk down to the lady in the kebaya test...? I got booted in the 3rd round though... coz i treated the interviewer a little to casually. And she told me i was speaking too much singlish i guess... anyway, i'm not gonna give up... >.<
Hey,

How do you know this is me? LOL. I think I faintly remember you. I am so proud of you for getting this far and you're right never ever give up! Do you know if the other girl who got in with us managed to pass the 1-1 interview? What do you mean by treating the interviewer too casually? That's quite strict! Did you get a girl or a guy? I got a girl.
haha...i'm sure its you!! I remember ur name...u were wearing green. The other gal didnt get in either ... my bf and fren was sitting outside and they saw she left empty-handed. Her interview also ended earlier den mine although we went in at the same time... Lol, i treated her like a fren (you can say that) and i guess when i talk w/ my frens, i use singlish... haha... i was soooo nervous and the interviewer was soooo friendly that i started to leak out my singlish... >.< my interviewer was wearing specs and mine's a gal too.. .
Yup yup that was me. I was quite surprised the girl that was in my group, the dancer girl who looked jap did not make it through the kebaya test! She had that SQ look, very pretty tall and leggy too. So I dunno why she would not pass the kebaya fitting!

Yeah u you guys went in 1st den I went in next rite? how long did your interview take? Mine was fast! Like 15 minutes? Haha, nvm next recruitment in 2 months time! All the best!! :)

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 6:41 am

littleprincess wrote:
JadeiteJade wrote:hi ppl....juz want to share how I feel...and to share my experience...

a little background (although i have posted somewhere before)...I applied to SQ interview before in 2004...and I managed to pass all the rounds except the speech test..( I guess I was too nervous)...

and I went for the walk in on 3rd June and did not even make it through the first round..(so what if I have customer service and knowledge of a 3rd language)..haiz...i guess it really depends on luck..

what Im disappointed is that.the interviewers are so young....it seems to me that they are not looking out for potential FA but rather someone they like..

seems that its really getting harder to get into SQ because a lot of ppl are applying and SQ can afford to be choosy..

I've read about some of the height problems that some of you've experience..I believe if its 3 yrs ago..they would have let you passed..

so basically...i feel SQ are getting very choosy..because they know that there will always be ppl who are going to apply..

I am getting a bit disappointed because I believe I have what it takes to be a FA (i hope I don't sound proud),why I said this is because the reason why I managed to pass through so many rounds (in 2004) is because they have seen the potential and qualities in me.

And yet I couldnt make it on sun just because the interviewers on that day doesnt like my look?(could be due to other reasons I know)..

haiz...sorry for the long post and the ranting...just want to let off some steam...

:? :( :( :( :(

Hi Jade,

Dont give up... I have tried a few times too... every time it's a diff experience and entry level... Not giving up too... In fact, I am determine to know what and which area went wrong for me... It motivates me further :)

Jia You!!!
hey jade, dun give up.. i have a friend flying now who know of this girl who tried 8 times and made it... in her class there's one who is 28 yrs old... if you're not 28 yet u still have so many chances to try again..

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:57 am

ya.. dun give up... i had tried many times as well.. but i am still trying next time... hahahah.. i wish they let us know wat goes wrong.. at least we can improve it next recruitement.. or else we keep repeating our mistakes everytime..
Have to say a big thank you to all those who posted tips and advices to help those SQ wannabe (i am one of them)...hahah

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:44 pm

Hey...thanks for all your encouragement! I suddenly have the power to face all the interviews!hahaha :D

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 7:30 pm

DeeeNah wrote:
rurik0 wrote:
DeeeNah wrote: Hey,

How do you know this is me? LOL. I think I faintly remember you. I am so proud of you for getting this far and you're right never ever give up! Do you know if the other girl who got in with us managed to pass the 1-1 interview? What do you mean by treating the interviewer too casually? That's quite strict! Did you get a girl or a guy? I got a girl.
haha...i'm sure its you!! I remember ur name...u were wearing green. The other gal didnt get in either ... my bf and fren was sitting outside and they saw she left empty-handed. Her interview also ended earlier den mine although we went in at the same time... Lol, i treated her like a fren (you can say that) and i guess when i talk w/ my frens, i use singlish... haha... i was soooo nervous and the interviewer was soooo friendly that i started to leak out my singlish... >.< my interviewer was wearing specs and mine's a gal too.. .
Yup yup that was me. I was quite surprised the girl that was in my group, the dancer girl who looked jap did not make it through the kebaya test! She had that SQ look, very pretty tall and leggy too. So I dunno why she would not pass the kebaya fitting!

Yeah u you guys went in 1st den I went in next rite? how long did your interview take? Mine was fast! Like 15 minutes? Haha, nvm next recruitment in 2 months time! All the best!! :)
you mean the gal in black issit? the really tall one? I'm also quite surprised @ why she was rejected. Niway me gonna try for the nx interview haha... So when's ur WCT? Do let us know the outcome =X Best of luck!! =D

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:32 pm

WCT is on 13th June. Yeah the girl in black. I really did not know what went wrong with her. She has excellent posture cos she is a dancer. Sighz, felt so bad for her. Yeah go for the next interview! I have ultimate faith in ya! :)

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

hi ppl here wish to chk wif u someting

Post by taurus19 » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:08 pm

between SQ and Emirate which pay well.....

thanks
See the world from a different vantage point

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 2:45 pm

Heard emirates because it is not subjected to tax. But you would need to be based in Dubai. :)

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hi ppl here wish to chk wif u someting

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 3:05 pm

taurus19 wrote:between SQ and Emirate which pay well.....

thanks
Emirates pay you in USD...So you get around 7000 USD per month..But you have tp be based in Dubai as what DeeeNah said..
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 9:19 pm

Hope this helps :)

(Taken from Emirates Recruitment website)

What is the pay structure/allowance?
Your pay consists of a fixed basic salary, an hourly pay for operated flights and an overseas allowance.
Pay Scale:
Grade II: Basic Monthly Salary AED.3640/- (1 USD = approx. AED 3.673) Tax Free in the UAE.
Flying Pay: On an hourly basis:
Grade II AED 47.50 per hour.
Paid between chocks off and chocks on. Flying pay is paid in the month following accrual.
Meal allowances are paid in the currency of the country of night stop. Transport to & from the airport, and hotel accommodation is provided by the company.

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:28 pm

Deeenah : maybe both the female interviewers were so jealous of her beauty. :twisted: :lol:

DeeeNah wrote:WCT is on 13th June. Yeah the girl in black. I really did not know what went wrong with her. She has excellent posture cos she is a dancer. Sighz, felt so bad for her. Yeah go for the next interview! I have ultimate faith in ya! :)
-~-~Growing my wings! Grow faster! I wanna Fly High & be a High Flyer hehe~-~-

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 10:16 am

Haha. Could be. But only the interviewers will know exactly what they want :)

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:08 am

have a question to ask on suitcase/luggage - for those already flying, what is the size that you will recommend? e.g. how many inches.. understand tt there're those ~2-3 day trips, while the longest is ~1 week from the "flying roster" thread.

SIA will only give us the blue handbag right? heard tt the small black bag w trolley has to be bgt too. not sure if i'm correct..

Also... is there a standard colour (black?)? din find answers to these qns in the various threads.. thought it'll be a good time to buy now while the GSS is on! :)

thanks!

taurus19
Chatter
Chatter

Post by taurus19 » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 4:35 pm

hi autumn-reverie, sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi

thanks for your info..

hi autumn-reverie
are you in wif any airline now?

hi sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
you are e steward wif SQ?
See the world from a different vantage point