Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 2:33 pm

Hi Jade,

Dont give up... I have tried a few times too... every time it's a diff experience and entry level... Not giving up too... In fact, I am determine to know what and which area went wrong for me... It motivates me further :)

Jia You!!![/quote]

hey..thank you for your encouragement...ive also replied to your post on the other thread.haha :wink:

MelissaLin

Post by MelissaLin » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 4:13 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
cantswim wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote: Yes during the WCT,you will be required to jump down from a mock plane of about 1 storey into a 3m deep pool,WEARING a lifevest..After doing so,you are required to swim backstroke about 50 m..And that's it!!If you don't know how to do a backstroke I will explain..Once you are afloat in the water,lie on your back and start to kick..Soon,if you are not careful enough,your head will bang into the wall,if not then it's otherwise..So good luck..If not you might try to practice on your own while there's time..

Now,moving on to the hairstyle,are you a man or woman?If you are a man,long fringe will not be accepted because once you're a steward,your hairstyle must be styled in a way where your forehead can be seen,but I have seen some stewards covering half their forehead..But most stewards have this sorta hairstyle..So in this case your gel or hair based products would come in handy...

If you are a woman,long fringe will not impose such a problem because you will have to bun up your hair like all the sq girls does..

Toodles :P

thanx 4 ur info, will practice on de backstroke..
im a girl, i mean i hv short fringe till my eyebrow only, dat i cant pull it 2gether 2 make a bun. is it ok?
Yup,it is oki doki..Ehehe..As long as it is acceptable..Go and have a look at some of the other FSS's hairstyles and try to see which one fits you..If you wanna know where to get them you can PM me.. :cry: :wink:
hello shazni

sorry i spell ur name wrongly e other time.. im interested to know where to get e different kinds of fss hairstyle? can u let me know..please

thanks
I wanna be one

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 4:16 pm

rurik0 wrote:heyz deenah!! I was with you in the kebaya testing and was one of the 3 chosen to move on 2 the one on one. I was wearing pants... remember me?.. the 2nd gal to walk down to the lady in the kebaya test...? I got booted in the 3rd round though... coz i treated the interviewer a little to casually. And she told me i was speaking too much singlish i guess... anyway, i'm not gonna give up... >.<
Hey,

How do you know this is me? LOL. I think I faintly remember you. I am so proud of you for getting this far and you're right never ever give up! Do you know if the other girl who got in with us managed to pass the 1-1 interview? What do you mean by treating the interviewer too casually? That's quite strict! Did you get a girl or a guy? I got a girl.

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 6:34 pm

any1 going 2 KL intview dis Sun?
v can meet n add oil 2 each other :D

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 9:41 pm

MelissaLin wrote: hello...

yup, i believe all of e people here will support what ever decision u make...believe in urself!! Jia You!! :)

machi, thanks alot for ur advice :D
thanks Melissa! haha yes everyone here have been really encouraging and supportive :D

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:42 pm

DeeeNah wrote:
rurik0 wrote:heyz deenah!! I was with you in the kebaya testing and was one of the 3 chosen to move on 2 the one on one. I was wearing pants... remember me?.. the 2nd gal to walk down to the lady in the kebaya test...? I got booted in the 3rd round though... coz i treated the interviewer a little to casually. And she told me i was speaking too much singlish i guess... anyway, i'm not gonna give up... >.<
Hey,

How do you know this is me? LOL. I think I faintly remember you. I am so proud of you for getting this far and you're right never ever give up! Do you know if the other girl who got in with us managed to pass the 1-1 interview? What do you mean by treating the interviewer too casually? That's quite strict! Did you get a girl or a guy? I got a girl.
haha...i'm sure its you!! I remember ur name...u were wearing green. The other gal didnt get in either ... my bf and fren was sitting outside and they saw she left empty-handed. Her interview also ended earlier den mine although we went in at the same time... Lol, i treated her like a fren (you can say that) and i guess when i talk w/ my frens, i use singlish... haha... i was soooo nervous and the interviewer was soooo friendly that i started to leak out my singlish... >.< my interviewer was wearing specs and mine's a gal too.. .

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:49 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Yes during the WCT,you will be required to jump down from a mock plane of about 1 storey into a 3m deep pool,WEARING a lifevest..After doing so,you are required to swim backstroke about 50 m..And that's it!!If you don't know how to do a backstroke I will explain..Once you are afloat in the water,lie on your back and start to kick.

:D :D :D :D

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:50 pm

Plavt wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Yes during the WCT,you will be required to jump down from a mock plane of about 1 storey into a 3m deep pool,WEARING a lifevest..After doing so,you are required to swim backstroke about 50 m..And that's it!!If you don't know how to do a backstroke I will explain..Once you are afloat in the water,lie on your back and start to kick.

:D :D :D :D
Yes Plavt,why are you so smiley? :lol: :lol:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:52 pm

cantswim wrote:another question on hairstyle is, is it ok 2 hv fringe? some1 told me it's childish.. :???:
Dosen't matter as long as you look presentable. Someone said childish? That is just their opinion so take no notice - a girl I had a liking for had fringe well into her twenties and probably still has.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:53 pm

Plavt wrote:
cantswim wrote:another question on hairstyle is, is it ok 2 hv fringe? some1 told me it's childish.. :???:
Dosen't matter as long as you look presentable. Someone said childish? That is just their opinion so take no notice - a girl I had a liking for had fringe well into her twenties and probably still has.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WOW!!Plavt!!Is she pretty?Hehe..You have a taste for young babes eh? :twisted: :twisted:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:57 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WOW!!Plavt!!Is she pretty?Hehe..You have a taste for young babes eh? :twisted: :twisted:
Actually she was and intelligent (pity I can't say the same for you. :P :lol: ), getting jealous are we? :P :lol: :lol:

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:00 pm

Plavt wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WOW!!Plavt!!Is she pretty?Hehe..You have a taste for young babes eh? :twisted: :twisted:
Actually she was and intelligent (pity I can't say the same for you. :P :lol: ), getting jealous are we? :P :lol: :lol:
Post edited..
Last edited by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi on Wed, 06 Jun 2007 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:05 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:12 pm

hi peeps~ question..

i did my final interview and medical on the 18th of may.. they have yet to give any reply.. should i give them a call? hmm...... really wanna start trainin soon.. have been rotting at home for a long time... :???:
~~I wanna fly too~~

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:15 pm

machi17 wrote:hi peeps~ question..

i did my final interview and medical on the 18th of may.. they have yet to give any reply.. should i give them a call? hmm...... really wanna start trainin soon.. have been rotting at home for a long time... :???:
Call and ask about your medical..My friend waited for quite a while till he received his reply..HR may be busy....If you call them,it might lighten your burden of worrying too much.. :wink: