Singapore Expats

Where to find Allermin?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
mediashark

Where to find Allermin?

Post by mediashark » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 3:07 pm

I have some allergy problems (mostly due to dust mites) and I'm looking for this herbal supplement. Years ago a friend gave me a trial sample and it worked great. However I can't seem to find it here.

Any ideas where I can get this? Or are there some alternatives?
http://www.hankintatukku.com/Allermin.html

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 3:37 pm

Why would you be asking is it's available here in Singapore? According to your profile you are in Russia. Also, your link in your signature needs to be updated as your website has moved? :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mediashark

Post by mediashark » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 4:22 pm

1. i am in singapore
2. i forgot to change the signature
3. i am traveling constantly
4. it doesn't matter because i specifically asked if it was available in singapore. maybe i'm asking for a friend?
Frankly it is none of your business.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 7:39 pm

mediashark wrote:1. i am in singapore you did not say that.
2. i forgot to change the signature
3. i am traveling constantly so are you in singapore or russia?
4. it doesn't matter because i specifically asked if it was available in singapore. maybe i'm asking for a friend? No you did not as if specifically if it was in singapore.
Frankly it is none of your business. Anybody who posts a link advertising any product has to be checked to ensure you are not an mlm'er posting a link to you own site. So it is my business Franklyl!
sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 6:43 pm

Take it easy there SMS, I don't think even our dear brothers the Russians would stoop to spamming for Finnish companies :P

Anyway, perilla, the plant in question, is available raw in any Japanese or Korean supermarket in Singapore under the name "shiso" (Jp) or "deulkkae" (Kr), and Wikipedia the all-knowing tells me it's used in Chinese medicine also, so you might want to take a print-out of this to your local herbalist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perilla

I'll stick to treating my allergies with cetirizine though, thank ye muchly. Dirt-cheap esp. in Thailand and India, and works like a charm.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

mediashark

Post by mediashark » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 12:15 am

jpatokal wrote:Take it easy there SMS, I don't think even our dear brothers the Russians would stoop to spamming for Finnish companies :P

Anyway, perilla, the plant in question, is available raw in any Japanese or Korean supermarket in Singapore under the name "shiso" (Jp) or "deulkkae" (Kr), and Wikipedia the all-knowing tells me it's used in Chinese medicine also, so you might want to take a print-out of this to your local herbalist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perilla

I'll stick to treating my allergies with cetirizine though, thank ye muchly. Dirt-cheap esp. in Thailand and India, and works like a charm.
Thanks muchly! (better than the useless post above) Japanese supermarket.... would the pharmacy next to the supermart at Shaw House stock any?

And what to do with raw herbs and will they be effective? How to prepare them so that they will work? I also went to Eu Yang Sang and asked if they had anything for allergies (without knowing the name), they said ginseng might help and they didn't have anything else. (But I already take extracts in form of a multi-vit supplement.)

BTW what does Cetirizine made of? Is it natural? The person from GNC told me to try this pine bark extract. while it is good supplement for general health, it is not really helping. And it is expensive! And something tells me that Clarytine or similar chemical drugs are not good for long-term usage.

I googled Allermin and found only the wholesaler, and several "online drugstores" which, incidentally happen to be the same folks that have been diligently spamming me.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 8:21 pm

mediashark wrote:Thanks muchly! (better than the useless post above) Japanese supermarket.... would the pharmacy next to the supermart at Shaw House stock any?
No no, the Japanese and Koreans use it as food. It's the leaf between sushi pieces in an expensive nigiri set and it's served chopped up and mixed with pickled plum in all kinds of places. The Koreans use it to wrap barbequed meat. The taste is pretty pungent though...
BTW what does Cetirizine made of? Is it natural? The person from GNC told me to try this pine bark extract. while it is good supplement for general health, it is not really helping. And it is expensive! And something tells me that Clarytine or similar chemical drugs are not good for long-term usage.
It's a pure clean chemical straight from the factory, and hence much safer and more predictable than all-natural products like strychnine, arsenic or cobra venom.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague