Singapore Expats

SilkAir recruitment-8 n 9 June

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 3:01 pm

mz^d wrote:Oh xmischaX,

I wish you all the best and hope you get through all the rounds successfully! Well, I hope all the girls in this forum make it! \:D/

So tempted to apply again and meet more people from this forum :p
Keke, well, do keep us posted yah! :D
thanks dear! :D :D :D
i've this impression silkair is even more difficult than SIA! :lol:
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 3:14 pm

hihi..ive read somewhere that if you are working for Silkair...you ll have to work for at least 3 yrs b4 you can apply to SQ.(internal transfer) but you ll still have to go through the management interview...

anyway...i am going this fri as well! hope everything goes well..but i really do think that silkair is not easy to get in too..and i do find that the girls from silkair are quite pretty! ?(and slim)

hehe...anyway...i should be able to wear jeans right?smart casual? :wink:

defleur

just to check

Post by defleur » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 3:29 pm

i'm not sure whether this has been mentioned in previous threads, but i did read through all 15 pages and can't seem to find an answer. would appreciate very much if someone could assist :D

i am seriously very interested in being a flight stewardess, but understand that Silkair stated that previous applicants need not apply. I would like to know whether it is true? because i am determined to try again as my first interview was a total flop. *blames myself for not doing any preparation*

And i also read from previous threads that Silkair only do turnarounds isit?

Thanks alot in advance :D

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Re: just to check

Post by chai ching » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 4:15 pm

Hi,

Although its quite true that previous applicants need not apply.
Although the interviewer say we can try again after six months.
But yet there are some of them who just try again. If you arent
afraid to give it a try. Though i try before. But im still not
giving up. I want to try again.

Yup you are right. Silkair is a turnaround flight. Thats why
some of them prefer Silkair than SIA. Depend some peoples.
Although SIA is an international airline. Its up to you. You
prefer SIA or Silkair?

defleur wrote:i'm not sure whether this has been mentioned in previous threads, but i did read through all 15 pages and can't seem to find an answer. would appreciate very much if someone could assist :D

i am seriously very interested in being a flight stewardess, but understand that Silkair stated that previous applicants need not apply. I would like to know whether it is true? because i am determined to try again as my first interview was a total flop. *blames myself for not doing any preparation*

And i also read from previous threads that Silkair only do turnarounds isit?

Thanks alot in advance :D

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 4:22 pm

chai ching wrote:Hi,

Although its quite true that previous applicants need not apply.
Although the interviewer say we can try again after six months.
Their statement about this has never made their position abundantly clear. Since there is at least one poster here who made four applications I think one can deduce that they do not want people to re-apply within a given time frame (.i.e. six months). I believe SIA is the same depending whether or not you get to the management interview?

Dylla
Regular
Regular

Post by Dylla » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 4:51 pm

mz^d wrote:
Dylla wrote:
mz^d wrote:
wow, that's taking a big risk. :o

Passing rate: well for the first 2 rounds, it;s unpredictable, but normally about 120 gals make it to the water confidence and from there 40 - 50 girls will make it to the management. From there they will pick 20 girls or less to form one batch. If there are forming 2 batches, then about 40 gals will make it through:) But highly unlikely.
1) During WCT, do they take ur weight again..?? Will they penalised you if ur BMI is abt 22..? Coz i do not want to be rejected again bcoz of that..(tried SQ WCT before..)
Hi Dylla,

Yes, they normally do take height & weight but the last recruitment they didn't. Errm isn;t 22 the norm? ANyways, who's goin this weekend? U gals goin on Fri or Sat?
1) Anyone out there has been to SilkAir WCT?? Is the procedure similar to SIA WCT??
2) Could someone pls share with me on SilkAir WCT..Which part of the test that they really emphasised on? (ie: weight issue?? skin-check??)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:52 am

defleur wrote:i am seriously very interested in being a flight stewardess, but understand that Silkair stated that previous applicants need not apply. I would like to know whether it is true? because i am determined to try again as my first interview was a total flop. *blames myself for not doing any preparation*
I tried a walk-in in June 2006 and was eliminated right after the first interview. I tried again for another walk-in in August 2006 and I made it all the way and I' happily flying now. So don't worry, just try again.
defleur wrote:And i also read from previous threads that Silkair only do turnarounds isit?
Yep, all flights are turnaround. You go home after every flight.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:56 am

Dylla wrote: 1) Anyone out there has been to SilkAir WCT?? Is the procedure similar to SIA WCT??
2) Could someone pls share with me on SilkAir WCT..Which part of the test that they really emphasised on? (ie: weight issue?? skin-check??)
I believe it's the same. You jump off from a mock up aircraft and swim to the other side of the pool. They only want to see your confidence when you jump down into the pool. During my interview, there was zero elimination rate.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

banz
Regular
Regular

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Post by banz » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 5:19 am

xmischax wrote:how's the passing rate for each round of silkair interviews?
hello women....its me!banz..i belive you still remember me rite..haha..heard silkair is havin interview on the 8 n 9...so you goin gal.. n also not 4 getin chai ching..haha big hi to you to gal.. :D :D :D

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Post by chai ching » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 8:55 am

Hello Banz,

How are you? Long time never see you post here.
Haha.... yup of course still remember you. Thats right.
Silkair are having their walk in interview this friday
(08th June 2007) and saturday (09th June 2007).

Feel really very honour that you still do remember
my name. Hehe.... its at Sheraton Towers from 0900 am to 4.30pm.
Which day are you going? Want to go together?
Is your friend trying too?

banz wrote:
xmischax wrote:how's the passing rate for each round of silkair interviews?
hello women....its me!banz..i belive you still remember me rite..haha..heard silkair is havin interview on the 8 n 9...so you goin gal.. n also not 4 getin chai ching..haha big hi to you to gal.. :D :D :D

littleprincess

Post by littleprincess » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 12:00 pm

Does any know if SIlkair's expectation of their cabin crew in term of appearance?

I am pretty big build and have seen many silkair girls who are small build and slim in their figure... a little demoralise to try but I do not want to give up chances that are available :)

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:06 pm

littleprincess wrote:Does any know if SIlkair's expectation of their cabin crew in term of appearance?

I am pretty big build and have seen many silkair girls who are small build and slim in their figure... a little demoralise to try but I do not want to give up chances that are available :)

me too....I am not exactly the tall and slim kind....im a bit chubby...round face..haha..

anyway...can someone help me?can I wear jeans?as i do not have office clothes and im kind of broke now.. :???: :?

Dylla
Regular
Regular

Post by Dylla » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:07 pm

littleprincess wrote:Does any know if SIlkair's expectation of their cabin crew in term of appearance?

Totally agree wif littleprincess...Can anybody care to share Silkair's expectation in terms of appearance..Is it the same as SIA...?

mz^d
Regular
Regular

Post by mz^d » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:25 pm

It's fine as long as you are pleasant looking and healthy. Being slightly plum shouldn;t affect your chances cos I have seen some big gals in silkair and I know of one!

So fret not:)
Last edited by mz^d on Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:30 pm

so whos going on fri? :wink: