Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
marlboro

Post by marlboro » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:01 am

deeenah,

wat was your height when they took at the kebaya round? i got cut at 1.57m.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:08 am

marlboro wrote:deeenah,

wat was your height when they took at the kebaya round? i got cut at 1.57m.
I was 157.7. They actually cut me off already. But I went back in to ask them to re-measure me and they did. Then they asked me to touch the top of the door and they let me in :)

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:32 am

my interviewers were two female... one seems to be quite young... seems that if a guy as interviewer, passing rate is higher.... we just need to do self-intro and to tell which is our fav country and why.... :( hope i will try again the next time...

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:38 am

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:my interviewers were two female... one seems to be quite young... seems that if a guy as interviewer, passing rate is higher.... we just need to do self-intro and to tell which is our fav country and why.... :( hope i will try again the next time...
Mine was a guy and a girl. Passing rate quite high. 4 out of 9. What was your group's passing rate?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:42 am

question: tell us about yourself, why you wanna be a SIA FSS, what you like to do in your free time.
panel: young man and lady
passing rate: 3/10
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:47 am

xmischax...did you manage to get in? Which group were you in?

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:56 am

DeeeNah wrote:xmischax...did you manage to get in? Which group were you in?
unfortunately not!
but well! there's always another chance.
congrats and all the best to you! :D
i'm in group 31, along with some other girls from this forum!
none of us got through unfortunately!
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:08 am

Oh it's okie! Just try again! Don't worry, there are many people who tried many times before getting in! :)

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:15 am

DeeeNah wrote:
bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:my interviewers were two female... one seems to be quite young... seems that if a guy as interviewer, passing rate is higher.... we just need to do self-intro and to tell which is our fav country and why.... :( hope i will try again the next time...
Mine was a guy and a girl. Passing rate quite high. 4 out of 9. What was your group's passing rate?
hihi... my grp passing rate is 3/10... not good... wat's yr group no.? mine is 13...

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:17 am

My group number is 53. I was actually the last girl to go into the 1-1 interview :)

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 1:26 pm

Dylla wrote: Thanks for the encouragement Joyfulpapaya.. me still in the process of losing wt..lol..!! I think i mite try again some time later, but not this coming Sunday..

Hey..im happie for u...not surprised though that u got selected coz ur one hot babe..(so fascinated when i first saw u during WCT..while queueing for the toilet,remember..?) hehehe..!!!
Niwae, all the best to u,autumn-reverie and those from my interview batch..(21st April)
hey Dylla...no lar....!!! i'm kinda worried bout my skin... genes not so good...skin gets oily so easily...have blemishes too...so...kinda apprehensive...i guess everyone of us have our share of insecurities...hor?

oh ya, hee we were queueing... the one after me is autumn-riverie right? i rem we were sitting by the edge of the pool and din finish our conversation, and went to put on the life vests... so funny...it was kinda bloated...my neck and shoulder arae ached a bit.. couldn't turn my head!!

i muz say the rounds are scary... my husband's gonns try again when the round for stewards are open. go for it gal! believing in you =)

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 2:29 pm

Hey joyfulpapaya! haha yup that's me :D by the way, will you be starting on June 25th?
thanks Dylla, you're a dear as always :kiss:

i've got a dilemma.. i will be starting training with SIA soon but i just got an offer from NTU Mass Comm. One is my dream job, the other my dream course. I had always placed SIA first but my closest friends have been dissuading me as they firmly believe i should get my degree first.

On the other hand, if i pass up on this chance to work with SIA i may never get the opportunity again. It was by God's grace i managed to pass my interviews and i'm afraid after completing my degree i'll not have the verve to apply for such a challenging albeit exciting job anymore. Perhaps then, i'll prefer to be nestled in the safety of a 9 to 5 job where i can look forward to working with the same people and coming home to the same bed every night.

My head's in a mess now, if you all have any advice please knock some sense in me.. :cry:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 2:37 pm

autumn-reverie wrote:. I had always placed SIA first but my closest friends have been dissuading me as they firmly believe i should get my degree first.
Personally I think you should get your degree first that way you will have far more oppurtunities of far better paying jobs. As you know (I hope) the world is changing rapidly and more and more people as young as yourself will need good qualifications.

I understand the attraction and the excitement but these are early days and six months 'down the road' you might regret your actions; being a stewardess is good deal different to that imagery displayed by the airlines.

Remember you can always try again given the industry's high turnover of staff and with a degree you may have the oppurtunity of a higher grade. Ever heard the old adage; 'when in doubt stop and sort it out?' Take care and don't be rash. :)

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 2:49 pm

I also think you should get your degree 1st. That would be what I wanna do. I think getting into mass comm NTU is way harder than going through the SIA interviews just due to the amount of places available.

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 3:09 pm

Thank you so much for the sound advice Plavt and DeeeNah. I will definitely bear in mind what the both of you have said.

Although choosing either option wll be heartbreaking for i will lose the other, i know i have to make a choice.. :cry: