Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
moonyuki
Regular
Regular

Post by moonyuki » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 12:15 am

xmischax wrote:there's no particular dress code.
there are people wearing dresses, office wear, jeans, mini skirt, tank tops.. and i've seen girls wearing all of these get in.
wear something that is at least semi-formal shouldn't be a problem.
what matters is if you feel comfortable.
of course, for an interview, office wear is recommended but not everyone looks flattering in that, and you know how much you need to look good for this!
:)
Hmm ok.. get it.. thanks for the information.. shall listen to ur advise by wearing office wear.. :D

But is there any rules like we should or shouldnt do? Need some advise from the experiences one.. hehe... :o

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 12:13 pm

i'm male but if u dun mind my experience, i think you juz gotta be confident bout urself, gotta speak proper english for sure, remember to smile, be friendly and approachable.. for the first round, think of something different... everyone says the same reason why they wanna join SQ, 'its a gd company, got gd prospect, great honour to work for them' so maybe think of something exceptional will help... :D GD LUCK!!!!
~~I wanna fly too~~

moonyuki
Regular
Regular

Post by moonyuki » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 12:25 pm

machi17 wrote:i'm male but if u dun mind my experience, i think you juz gotta be confident bout urself, gotta speak proper english for sure, remember to smile, be friendly and approachable.. for the first round, think of something different... everyone says the same reason why they wanna join SQ, 'its a gd company, got gd prospect, great honour to work for them' so maybe think of something exceptional will help... :D GD LUCK!!!!
IC IC so how long have u been flying? surprised to know u r a male... hee :shock:

nishynish

SIA interview tmr~~

Post by nishynish » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 1:02 pm

Hi all,

I'll be goin for the interview tmr at RCCC, any ideas on what to expect? Some of my friends say the interview processes have changed, like the tea party round to be exed.

Anyof u went for the recent april interview?? :wink:

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 1:22 pm

nah~ i hope i'm flying already too... i juz went for the april interview.. waiting for them to call to start my training.. went through all my rounds successfully.. :D gd luck for ur interview tmr!
~~I wanna fly too~~

moonyuki
Regular
Regular

Post by moonyuki » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 1:36 pm

machi17 wrote:nah~ i hope i'm flying already too... i juz went for the april interview.. waiting for them to call to start my training.. went through all my rounds successfully.. :D gd luck for ur interview tmr!
I have a fren whom went for april interview and yesterday she receive a call for the training... Gd luck to ur training too.. Hopefully i can be like u too :p able to fly...

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 2:21 pm

I'm sure u can! try ur best.. i gotta wait til next week earliest anyway.. gotta finish my army anyway.. next friday! hehe~ :cool:
~~I wanna fly too~~

moonyuki
Regular
Regular

Post by moonyuki » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 2:25 pm

machi17 wrote:I'm sure u can! try ur best.. i gotta wait til next week earliest anyway.. gotta finish my army anyway.. next friday! hehe~ :cool:
Oic hee... keep in contact then will let u know how is the interview :p next fri ORD oh? So if i not wrong u are around 21 or 22 right? I nv saw any male crew before actually, wat u guys wearing? haha.. By the way doesnt know how to swim is it a problem? i am starting to get nervous..

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 2:39 pm

guys normally wear formal.. cos it's unappropriate actually to wear jeans? ya~ u mean the interview? haha~ male crew wears white shirt, grey pants and a blue blazer dependin on steward, leading or chief... :) i'm 23! old.. haha~ dun have to worry bout swimming.. life jacket, jump out the plane and start paddling backwards.. backstroke.. juz stay calm.. wear swimming costume! haha.. i heard those testers there making fun of girls wearin bikinis and almost coming off.. not very glamourous i suppose... :cry:
~~I wanna fly too~~

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 2:42 pm

hey girls! anyway, juz give it a try tmr.. think they're quite desperate.. during my management interview, sheryn (hr lady) told us to inform our female frens tat there is a interview tmr.. even before it was on papers and webbies.. so i guess they're really in need of stewardess.. gd luck girls!!! 8-)
~~I wanna fly too~~

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 5:52 pm

good luck and all the best to everyone trying out tomorrow! :D
congratulations to those starting training! :D

remember:
-make sure you take note of your poise and posture!
-smile, smile, smile!
-interact & be approachable!
-take note of your language, speak good english and eliminate la/lor/leh singlish!
-be confident!

the forum is rooting for you!
smile, relax and have fun!
:D
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

Monique

Post by Monique » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 7:18 pm

Hi,

I've some question about the water confidence test.I've been reading in this forum for quite some times.I know that there will be life jacket for those who can't swim but if I can't swim and I don't even know how to backstroke,will it be hard to paddle to the end of the swimming pool?I'm not afraid of jumping to the pool but I'm worried that i won't be able to get through to the end of the pool.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Post by xmischax » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 7:26 pm

Monique wrote:Hi,

I've some question about the water confidence test.I've been reading in this forum for quite some times.I know that there will be life jacket for those who can't swim but if I can't swim and I don't even know how to backstroke,will it be hard to paddle to the end of the swimming pool?I'm not afraid of jumping to the pool but I'm worried that i won't be able to get through to the end of the pool.
umm. to do backstroke, you only have to lie on your back and then kick your legs.. so you'll definitely be able to do it. you can go try out in a pool, even if you don't have a life vest, you'll still float when you lie straight on your back. kicking your legs is all you need to do after you laid on your back. don't worry, it's not hard. and i'm a weak swimmer myself. :) and to correct you, everybody, swimmer or non-swimmer, will be given life vest and everyone will use backstroke. that's the standard procedure in emergencies. :) slow and steady, don't worry. you're not judged based on how fast you swim, but how confident you are. water confidence test, not swimming test! :D
when strange things happen, they call it fate.

violety

Post by violety » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 10:26 pm

aezl wrote:hey! next sunday is the next interview. anyone want to meet and go together?? =))
Hmm.. I'm also looking for someone to go together with to the interview... anyone interested in going together? pm me... we can arrange something together =)

aezl

Post by aezl » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 10:35 pm

violety wrote:
aezl wrote:hey! next sunday is the next interview. anyone want to meet and go together?? =))
Hmm.. I'm also looking for someone to go together with to the interview... anyone interested in going together? pm me... we can arrange something together =)

pm-ed =p

swist: i've nt recieved ur reply.. =/