Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
emma_ice

Post by emma_ice » Tue, 29 May 2007 1:53 pm

hi all, i really want to go this sunday. but i think i am not eligible since i'm 164 cm and 64 kg. seems like overweight right? because of the hip. :( what do you guys think?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 29 May 2007 3:33 pm

emma_ice wrote:hi all, i really want to go this sunday. but i think i am not eligible since i'm 164 cm and 64 kg. seems like overweight right? because of the hip. :( what do you guys think?
I presume that you are a female because of your name..:D .I think you should just go and try..Don't worry too much about your hip..Is it that obvious?? :D :D ..64 kg..I think you should try because there are FSS in SQ whose weight is 60+ kg too..

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Tue, 29 May 2007 5:49 pm

hi..for those who r goin for the interview...what time are you all planning to reach?

missy_a

Post by missy_a » Tue, 29 May 2007 7:08 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
emma_ice wrote:hi all, i really want to go this sunday. but i think i am not eligible since i'm 164 cm and 64 kg. seems like overweight right? because of the hip. :( what do you guys think?
I presume that you are a female because of your name..:D .I think you should just go and try..Don't worry too much about your hip..Is it that obvious?? :D :D ..64 kg..I think you should try because there are FSS in SQ whose weight is 60+ kg too..
if ur BMI is below 22, go ahead cos that's the maximum weight requirement..

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 29 May 2007 7:54 pm

missy_a wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
I have calculated her BMI and it stated 23.8..I guess the only way is to lose more weight..You have to lose 5kg in order for your BMI to be 21.9 :roll: :roll: :roll:

aezl

Post by aezl » Tue, 29 May 2007 8:35 pm

Hey! I'm the same as u! just that i'm a kg heavier..haha.. Like u, i've been thinking whether shld i go anot and i've missed 2 interviews alrd! anyways, i'm going to try out this sunday no matter wad. You should go too!

swist: I've pm u my email add =)

aezl

Post by aezl » Tue, 29 May 2007 8:38 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
missy_a wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote: I presume that you are a female because of your name..:D .I think you should just go and try..Don't worry too much about your hip..Is it that obvious?? :D :D ..64 kg..I think you should try because there are FSS in SQ whose weight is 60+ kg too..
I have calculated her BMI and it stated 23.8..I guess the only way is to lose more weight..You have to lose 5kg in order for your BMI to be 21.9 :roll: :roll: :roll:

hmmmm.. But what if there's some of us that is heavy-boned? then BMI issnt really accurate ?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 29 May 2007 8:43 pm

aezl wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
missy_a wrote: if ur BMI is below 22, go ahead cos that's the maximum weight requirement..

hmmmm.. But what if there's some of us that is heavy-boned? then BMI issnt really accurate ?
If you are heavy boned and it does not affect the requirement,then it should be okie doki..What's your weight and height?BMI doesn't account for differing amounts of muscle mass or other stuff..

aezl

Post by aezl » Tue, 29 May 2007 8:49 pm

165cm, 65kg.. which is BMI 23.8.. My thighs are big..=/ I'm like 54kg alrd in sec4 but i wasnt fat. some professional said that my bone structure is quite big although my wrist bone is small. ya.. so i suppose i'm big and heavy boned. but i do admit i'm fat now.. and big face since small! boo..

emma_ice

Post by emma_ice » Tue, 29 May 2007 9:36 pm

5 kg to lose.. waahhh...cannot make it in time!!! :shock:
anyway..thanks for all the supports and info.. you guys rawks! :D

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 29 May 2007 9:37 pm

emma_ice wrote:5 kg to lose.. waahhh...cannot make it in time!!! :shock:
anyway..thanks for all the supports and info.. you guys rawks! :D
Go and run now!!!!!!!!!!!!!Take slimming pills?Starve to death until June 3..Hehehe..Anyway just try?Has anyone with BMI of 23 got in before?

emma_ice

Post by emma_ice » Tue, 29 May 2007 9:41 pm

hehehhe..anyway, 3rd june is my birthday...hope i'd got lucky that interview day...sigh*

emma_ice

Post by emma_ice » Tue, 29 May 2007 10:43 pm

i cannot reply msg coz i'm a newbie...and i dont have msn.. 8-)

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Tue, 29 May 2007 10:50 pm

does that mean that they literally calculate your BMI on the spot? someone pls enlighten me... thanks!

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Wed, 30 May 2007 11:35 am

I'm not sure if they calcuate the BMI on the spot but i think for guys at least is during water confidence and also ur medical. 8-)
~~I wanna fly too~~