Singapore Expats

Networking

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
James2

Networking

Post by James2 » Fri, 25 May 2007 8:20 am

Hi there
I am setting up an events business and need to know where the best online channels are for finding businesspeople to attend.
My events are always free, and at 5-star hotels in SG for either a lunch or a breakfast, and cover a number of business-related topics.
Can you please advise where/what are the best message boards or networking boards, or even spaces to advertise are (is there anywhere free?), within SG's busines online community?
Many thanks!

E-T

Post by E-T » Fri, 25 May 2007 12:54 pm

There isn't any forum/board specially targetted at Events Industry at the moment. The closest we can get to chat forums with sections specially catered to events, or mailing list from events companies like Reeds, Singex etc.

All's not dead. I am in the process of setting up a unified web portal for the events industry now. It has no affliation with Singapore Tourism Board nor any commercial companies. So you will see a variety of events and business listing, which are done free-of-charge to provide free publicity of events and create more awareness for events industry SMEs.

The website is ready in fact... except that we are going through some data tabulation and verification at the moment. Therefore, we are not making it available until the information are more or less accurate.

deveb

Re: Networking

Post by deveb » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 2:42 pm

James2 wrote:Hi there
I am setting up an events business and need to know where the best online channels are for finding businesspeople to attend.
My events are always free, and at 5-star hotels in SG for either a lunch or a breakfast, and cover a number of business-related topics.
Can you please advise where/what are the best message boards or networking boards, or even spaces to advertise are (is there anywhere free?), within SG's busines online community?
Many thanks!
What the event about. Can PM if there is any interesting event?
AIDC Professional

Return to “Business in Singapore”