Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Tue, 22 May 2007 9:49 pm

I got the eyelashes, but I did it in Taiwan... so probably no help

PlasticKorea

Oz Clinic

Post by PlasticKorea » Tue, 22 May 2007 9:49 pm

For those of you worried about money... Oz clinic http://drpark.co.kr/eng/index.htm (prices listed on site) is also good and cheaper~ and it is in the same area as BK Clinic (gangnam) so those of you going in a group can still go and share the same hotel[/url]

PlasticKorea

Post by PlasticKorea » Tue, 22 May 2007 9:54 pm

who wrote:I got the eyelashes, but I did it in Taiwan... so probably no help
well i plan to go to taiwan next summer~ so i'll ask you again later :D

i cant afford it now anyway~ and I already think i am doing too much at once!

fushiacotton

hmm...

Post by fushiacotton » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:02 pm

ok. now im thinking abt taiwan again. seems service is real good.

Mia882

Post by Mia882 » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:16 pm

[quote="who"]I went and did eyelashes with Dr. Jong at LRclinic in Taiwan when I did my nose with Dr. Chuang at Wish... it only cost me 900 USD... and I got tons of lashes from him...
In the US, it costs 6000 USD and they implant 20-40... From Dr. Jong, I got 50+ on each lid... really awesome.[/quote]

Dr Jong did your eyelash for USD900? Is it for both eyes? Does the lashes curls up? :roll:

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:21 pm

haha... yes... it's for both eyes for 900... umm.. it doesn't curl up unless you have curly hair... the doc will position it for you if you have curly hair for it to sweep upwards... however, my hair is pretty straight, so I have to curl them myself... I got a heated curler while I was there.
you will have to trim them as they grow also...

PlasticKorea

curl

Post by PlasticKorea » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:27 pm

I know in the US and Korea you can get a perm for your lashes... it last a long time~ i would assume somewhere there would do it too...

~~~If i do it maybe i need to take a curly haired friend with me

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:42 pm

plastickorea...
I don't think you can do that.. take a friend with curly hair... at least I have never heard of that... They use your own hair...
I can imagine going around and asking friends if they will donate their hair for you... haha..

also, it's harder with curly hair... because if the surgeon is not used to it, they can put it in the wrong direction and it can poke your eyes, and constantly irritate them; it will also take longer to implant... I think it is better with straight hair... it doesn't go straight down, but it's not naturally curled either...

fushiacotton

lashes

Post by fushiacotton » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:50 pm

oh gosh, i cant imagine my lashes curling the opposite way. it'll be so weird!!!

I have wavy hair though. Does it count? My hair is more towards dry, frizzy and wavy. So basically my hair's screwed. lol.

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:54 pm

no no... you can't think of it that way...
It's your eye... so even if you have a bit of wave in your hair, it will probably still be straight on your eyelid...
My hair is not perfect straight either... but it comes out straight... for a perfect curl.. you have to have pretty curly hair... like small curls...
however, the curlier your hair is, the harder it is for the doctor...

I hope that makes sense.

fushiacotton

wow~

Post by fushiacotton » Tue, 22 May 2007 11:05 pm

ok haha, my lashes are stick straight. No matter how i curl its like straight if not its like bent if i press real hard. but I do use some eye lash essence. If that even helps. But this new technology is really weird
if I don't trim them, I'll end up looking like the elephant in sesame street.

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Tue, 22 May 2007 11:16 pm

what? you mean that stuff actually makes your lashes grow??? I've never tried things like that...

You should try a heated curler... like the Panasonic one that crimps... not just a heated wand.

PlasticKorea

Hey who

Post by PlasticKorea » Tue, 22 May 2007 11:33 pm

Who is there an english website for wish clinic... do you know if he is a certified doctor? i am not afraid to get my nose done there but i also want breast... any info for me???

THANKS~

fushiacotton

lashes.

Post by fushiacotton » Tue, 22 May 2007 11:37 pm

Yea, but they say heated curler will ruin ur lashes in time to come.
Its like straightening ur hair everyday or smthing.

Anw does the people at wish clinic speak english or smthing.
I can converse with them in mandarin but preferably english. Its a universal thing.

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Tue, 22 May 2007 11:47 pm

Plastic Korea...
haha.. this is just your luck... Dr. Chuang is REALLY good at breast augmentations.
I didn't do it... but, he's considered one of the best at it... the receptionist there got it done from him (she asked me to touch them cuz I have natural d's to compare--- that's what she got D's)... and it looks really natural (she said she literally had nothing before)... you can find some pics of what he has done on his website by randomly clicking through... I think he only has a Chinese website... if you don't know Mandarin, TRY real hard to find someone who does to go with you.

The receptionist got them done 8 months ago.. very upbeat, and very open about what she did... she said it's a VERY painful procedure and you have to massage them as frequently as possible... nose is not bad by the way.... or eyes... oh... and if you want to know.. he does saline and silicone. and the eyelashes are pretty easy except when you're on the operating table. haha... actually, nose is known to be the painless one at Wishclinic.

He has a receptionist and tons of nurses. The receptionist is the only one who doesn't have a uniform on, and she's usually dressed very prettily.

fuschiacotton,
They speak in broken english... it's much better if you speak with the doc in mandarin... there are simple things that he can converse with you, but if you have detailed questions, you are at a loss.