Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Fri, 18 May 2007 11:17 pm

Dear all,

if i were to applied for the coming interview (3rd June), must i state that i went for the interview on the 21st april 2007 as well? will that affect my chances of getting through the rounds ? will they see more reasons to reject me because i applied in the previous recruitment? I was out during Water Confidence Round!

Thank you =) :D
.CEL.

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Fri, 18 May 2007 11:53 pm

onee wrote:
Shreked wrote:
onee wrote: omg.... hehh.. im also from tp htm! a freshie too!
=) which class u from? hehh.. care to share?
1H06! You?
1H12!
dunno whether r we in e same lecture! hehh. =)) oh ya, check yr ole-bb, theres this CHANGI YOUTH AMBASSDOR. im gg for it. go together also. it be a good experience. theres certificate, allowance and seal points. =)
Ya! I saw it. Sounds fun! My SLs asked me to join that too. But there's interview. The scariest part.
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Sat, 19 May 2007 12:57 am

Shreked wrote: Ya! I saw it. Sounds fun! My SLs asked me to join that too. But there's interview. The scariest part.
From what I remember, it is quite fun but tiring because you have to handle all the Youth Ambassador stuff after a long day at school. Not that I'm discouraging it but it's good exposure. :)
★ abnegation; self denial

galz

Post by galz » Sat, 19 May 2007 1:59 am

hi everyone!! i m new here....
anyone going for the interview this cuming 3 june??
i m finding someone to go with cos i m too afriad to go alone....

mayfair

Post by mayfair » Sat, 19 May 2007 9:41 am

galz, why are you "too afraid to go alone"...
If you do get in you ll ve to "fly alone"....

Build up your courage and have confidence in yourself... you may stand a better chance...

cheers

onee

Post by onee » Sat, 19 May 2007 11:42 am

Shreked wrote:
onee wrote:
Shreked wrote: 1H06! You?
1H12!
dunno whether r we in e same lecture! hehh. =)) oh ya, check yr ole-bb, theres this CHANGI YOUTH AMBASSDOR. im gg for it. go together also. it be a good experience. theres certificate, allowance and seal points. =)
Ya! I saw it. Sounds fun! My SLs asked me to join that too. But there's interview. The scariest part.
your SL? haha. take it easy. have confidence. and im sure we will be able to make it! haha.
wanna add me in msn?? whats yr email?

onee

Post by onee » Sat, 19 May 2007 11:45 am

abnegation wrote:
Shreked wrote: Ya! I saw it. Sounds fun! My SLs asked me to join that too. But there's interview. The scariest part.
From what I remember, it is quite fun but tiring because you have to handle all the Youth Ambassador stuff after a long day at school. Not that I'm discouraging it but it's good exposure. :)
hey u r from TP too??
haha. yeah.. i noe it might be little tough. but good things are worth to sacrifice for? hehh! =)

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Sat, 19 May 2007 3:16 pm

Dear all,

if i were to applied for the coming interview (3rd June), must i state that i went for the interview on the 21st april 2007 as well? will that affect my chances of getting through the rounds ? will they see more reasons to reject me because i applied in the previous recruitment? I was out during Water Confidence Round!

.CEL.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 19 May 2007 4:14 pm

CelT wrote:Dear all,

You should and it wouldn't affect you unless you failed at management. 8-)

yusibai

Enquries... Pls help...

Post by yusibai » Sat, 19 May 2007 8:27 pm

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this link. I'm 21 this year and graduated with a diploma. I can speak simple Jap. All along, i've wished to be a FSS but my height is only 158cm... Thus i do not hav enough confidence to go for the interviews... But now, i've finally gathered enough courage to go for the interview on 3rd of jun... I've a few qns on hand...

1. My looks are above average (My friends say de... Haha... :oops: ) But i look cute... Unlike those normal FS we've been seeing, with a "mature" look. Do u think ppl like me can make it through?

2. I've a tattoo on my ankle. A beautiful butterfly... But it can be disguised by wearing stockings... I had the tattoo a year ago to cover a scar that i gotten in an accident... Will this affect the skin check? My skin on my face and body are quite perfect...

3. Lastly, i dun look tall and slim... Ny height is 1.58m and my weight is 47kg... My face, as i've said, is round... Even though my figure is not... :cry:

Pls ans my queries... I'm really worried tt i may not be able to meet the requirements...

Regards,
Yusi Bai

missy_a

Re: Enquries... Pls help...

Post by missy_a » Sat, 19 May 2007 11:46 pm

yusibai wrote:Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this link. I'm 21 this year and graduated with a diploma. I can speak simple Jap. All along, i've wished to be a FSS but my height is only 158cm... Thus i do not hav enough confidence to go for the interviews... But now, i've finally gathered enough courage to go for the interview on 3rd of jun... I've a few qns on hand...

1. My looks are above average (My friends say de... Haha... :oops: ) But i look cute... Unlike those normal FS we've been seeing, with a "mature" look. Do u think ppl like me can make it through?

2. I've a tattoo on my ankle. A beautiful butterfly... But it can be disguised by wearing stockings... I had the tattoo a year ago to cover a scar that i gotten in an accident... Will this affect the skin check? My skin on my face and body are quite perfect...

3. Lastly, i dun look tall and slim... Ny height is 1.58m and my weight is 47kg... My face, as i've said, is round... Even though my figure is not... :cry:

Pls ans my queries... I'm really worried tt i may not be able to meet the requirements...

Regards,
Yusi Bai
No harm trying gal.. Be confident abt urself!! Go for it!! :wink:

yusibai

Post by yusibai » Sun, 20 May 2007 1:08 am

missy_a wrote:

Regards,
Yusi Bai
No harm trying gal.. Be confident abt urself!! Go for it!! :wink:
Thanks for ur encouragement... Btw, u got through all e 3 interviews? Any tips to share? like wat qns they'll ask n wat to wear for the interview?
should i be frank to them tt i'd a tattoo? :???:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 20 May 2007 12:53 pm

Regards,
Yusi Bai
No one in here is able to give ya your answers. We are providing answers based on past experiences and some of your queries are debatable.

Looks have never been an issue for SIA. We have the pretty ones, the cute ones, the sweet ones and even the ugly ones. Trust me. So SIA accepts the overall package and not someone based on looks only.

Tattoos or not will depends when they do the physical checks on you. Best option is to try. Goodluck. :)

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Sun, 20 May 2007 4:33 pm

M wrote:Looks have never been an issue for SIA.
Oh I don't know about that. I'm sure you'd agree that the SIA average is somewhat higher than say the national average in the looks department. But you're quite right in saying that the overall package is important.

Yusibai: Above average looks, cute, nice figure and perfect skin? Tsk tsk, why so hard on yourself? I keed, I keed. Anyway, I think modesty's way over-rated.
Seriously though, one problem may be the height. What's the minimum? 158cm? I can't remember. Anyway, People have complained before that the measuring device SIA uses takes off 1-2cm. As for the beautiful butterfly, if asked just tell the truth. If not, just keep it to yourself. Good luck.

nosecraze
Regular
Regular

Post by nosecraze » Mon, 21 May 2007 2:28 am

Hi, just wanna seek advice from you guys. i read that the min education requirements for SIA is 5 o lvl credits. if i only have 3, an a D7 in maths.
Even though i do not meet the requirements but i possess a rather strong work portfolio(modeling), am i still eligible?