Singapore Expats

Go Tioman by Boat

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Go Tioman by Boat

Post by cinder » Tue, 15 May 2007 9:29 pm

Curious..
Is Singapore - Tioman boat still exist?
How about Johor Bahru - TIoman?

Thanks for any input.

rr78

Post by rr78 » Tue, 15 May 2007 10:24 pm

no i dont think singers to tioman exists anymore.. maybe for a few weeks of the year maybe.. but not sure about that either

JB to tioman definitly doesnt exist.

gotta get to mersing first and get the ferry from there. you can get a direct bus from singapore to mersing. the bus is real nice and comfy too and i usually hate buses.

was at tioman on the weekend.. real nice place

BDIAS

Post by BDIAS » Thu, 17 May 2007 5:52 pm

How would I get some tickets for the Tioman bus and where does it depart from?

lost_canuck
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lost_canuck » Fri, 18 May 2007 11:39 am

BDIAS wrote:How would I get some tickets for the Tioman bus and where does it depart from?
travel agent in far east shopping centre books tickets, can't remember their name, bus goes from DBS on Scotts Road.

During the season (March - November), a fast ferry runs from Singapore directly to Berjaya Beach Resort in Tioman.Journey time is 4 to 4.5 hours, depending on sea conditions. From there Tekek village is about 10 mins by bus/car. Please note that this ferry service starts some time during March when the monsoon season has finished and sea conditions allow.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Fri, 18 May 2007 3:04 pm

I heard the Penguin ferry was stopped permanently after an accident, people injured in heavy waves or something? It was a notoriously bumpy trip in bad weather... :o

If you're in a hurry, you can also fly on Berjaya. Prices aren't too unreasonable if you go with a resort package, but the midday flight times are kinda sucky (you lose a day of your vacation).
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague