This week's FNDC at Fashion Bar - 18th May

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
down_under
Regular
Regular

This week's FNDC at Fashion Bar - 18th May

Post by down_under » Tue, 15 May 2007 5:54 pm

Hi Guys,

We are back to Cannery this time, We are going to Fashion Bar this week.

http://www.fbar.com.sg/

Have a look in their website for the promotions in place.

See you all there at 9:00pm. Everyone is welcome.

Shankar
Regular
Regular

Post by Shankar » Wed, 16 May 2007 7:35 pm

16/05/07
Hi Mani, how come no posts this time. Normally it goes to page 2 on the first day itself. OR is it that people have become part of FNDC and just need to know where..

Anyways, I feel FNDC should move out of BQ, CQ as well. People can also suggest places they know, so FNDC has it outlet database.

We can check out Harry's @Orchard. "Tania" band plays there and to my knowledge the only surviving heritage band of Singapore. They used to own a pub called "Anywhere' @ Tanglin which got closed due to loss.

Another joint would be "BFD" at east coast, that has live band & billiards and with the visinity of the beach. There is also a 7-11 just next door, for those who wish to buy some beers and sit at the beach.

will add in more as & when I recall.

Cheers!!! & see you at the FNDC

18/05/07

just recalled "Brahaus" @ united Square, Novena. a cozy pub that offers international collection of beers. you name it they have it. I got my weitzan too.

Mohd. Sultan is another alternative just across CQ. "Next Page" and Mdm.Wong were once popular, but do not know whether they live. Has anyone any updates on Mohd. Sultan?
Last edited by Shankar on Fri, 18 May 2007 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
recently attained my Nirvaana and became a Budha.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Dont agree

Post by Asdracles » Wed, 16 May 2007 7:50 pm

Some of us have discussed this idea about FNDC locations, and sorry, but I dont agree with you.

The FNDC is getting new and new people every friday. And most of us are going clubbing or similar after the meeting. So the places should be:

- Easy to get there
- Easy to go clubbing after the meeting

So perhaps, Harrys in Orchard can be a point, but I dont think about East Coast for a FNDC. Perhaps it fits more into a WNDC, when people usually go home after the meeting (as its a wednesday!), so no proximity to clubs is required.

Of course, its just my idea. If most of the people want to try East Coast, would be also OK with me.

See you all in FNDC!

down_under
Regular
Regular

FNDC

Post by down_under » Wed, 16 May 2007 7:58 pm

Hey mate, thanks for chipping in your opinion and suggestions. But as Asdracles points out, FNDC is rising in nos because of many new people and old people turning out, so I don't believe putting it in East Coast will make it easier for newbies to get there.

And also looking at the long nites we have had in the past, it only makes it logical to put in the middle or closer to the action. I will definetely look into Harry's @Orchard, many regular FNDC'ers have given their suggestions and I do welcome other ppl to chip in their suggestions as well.

And in other part, I have already recieved closer to 7 ppl confirming their attendance through sms and pm's. So the no of replies we get in this thread does not truly reflect the response for this location.

Cya on Friday nite....Cheers...

bigdaddi
Regular
Regular

Post by bigdaddi » Wed, 16 May 2007 8:04 pm

Yeah man, last weeks post didnt reflect we had almost 20 at Jazz!

Ive been to a few already and last week i only recognised 3! LOL

Thanks for organising it mate and i should be down for a few too ... make it an easy night as we've got volleyball so dont tempt with me MOS as we have MOS on Sat night too!!!!!! :shock:
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and live like there's no tomorrow!

down_under
Regular
Regular

Quiet One?

Post by down_under » Wed, 16 May 2007 8:14 pm

Oh, most definetely I am not looking for a big one this Friday since got Volleyball and MOS on Sat nite, but as the saying goes "After few drinks, what's the value of words said prior to that?"....Author:Myself :lol:

Cya on Fri mate....

seafishes2

Post by seafishes2 » Wed, 16 May 2007 11:55 pm

ha!! support Shankar!!

some changes are good! consider bars at esplanade area such as harrys, etc...hehee...forgot the names of the rest bars there... or one fullerton area? cool place :cool:

ok, see ya guys!! :shock:

Shankar
Regular
Regular

newbies have to see places too

Post by Shankar » Thu, 17 May 2007 12:26 am

lets allow some openess in the post atleast and word our post in such a way that allows others to contribute as well rather than just contradicting with a heavy hammer.

newbies too would like to see many places and probably want to stick one place all night and maybe in due course we may go on to have a gathering at two places simultaneously.

We can also make it a habit to start discussing about next FNDC in the current one, so down-under too gets an idea for the next week pad.

you see we now have esplanade to check out.. thanks seafish

Cheers !!!
Shan
recently attained my Nirvaana and became a Budha.

lacyusa

Post by lacyusa » Thu, 17 May 2007 10:56 am

Hi,

Interested in coming Fri night.
How will I know the crew?

Lacy
"truly, underneath the stars there are a million ways to be the way you are"

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Uppssss

Post by Asdracles » Thu, 17 May 2007 2:03 pm

Dont know what happened, but i forgot to state that im going this friday too, lol.

I think that Im supposed to go every Friday, but just in case, this wont be my first missed FNDC too ;)

Lacyusa: im sending you my handphone by PM. If you cant find the bigger/more diverse group in the place, just call me.

Captain Inertia

Post by Captain Inertia » Thu, 17 May 2007 2:16 pm

going to miss yet another FNDC as I am away again for a few weeks

if i was to put my vote in, i prefer CQ or BQ as venues as they offer quite a lot of variety and choice, and give the opportunity to easily move on easily. I live out East so East Coast would be ideal for me, but I feel that it lacks the vibe of the Q's. (I also happen to work on Boat Quay so it makes it really easy....or am i just being selfish :)

However there are some nice bars away from this area so we should explore, but the closer to the CBD, Orchard, Chinatown etc the better especially if people are coming from all over

htmin

Post by htmin » Fri, 18 May 2007 1:40 am

Hello, I'm very new in Singapore, just moved in a month ago, would love to join you tmrw(18th) and make friends as much as I can! Pleeeeease let me in!!

How can I find you guys over there, anyway??

Cheers!!

down_under
Regular
Regular

FNDC

Post by down_under » Fri, 18 May 2007 1:44 am

Hi there, I have pm'ed you my mobile no, give me a ping if you cant locate us. Cheers...

blueocean
Regular
Regular

Post by blueocean » Fri, 18 May 2007 10:15 am

Hi down_under

i will join you tonight, what time you guys will be there? I'm only able to join you all after dinner.

cheers

down_under
Regular
Regular

Post by down_under » Fri, 18 May 2007 10:26 am

We are starting tonite at 9. See you then....