Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Tue, 15 May 2007 3:21 am

gia02,
you are too funny... I still can't believe you did that...

LAgirl,
Don't worry too much... Remember when I saw you in our hotel room and told you about the horrendous swelling? lol... yea.... It's almost two weeks now for me and still a lot of swelling at the tip. And, I remember Jovin saying that it is common for one eye to swell more than the other...

Tanjh,
Yea... Dr. Chuang just emailed me about the sleeping thing... he said two weeks too.. You were right, Thanks...
He also told me that my nose won't break so easily and I needn't worry so much... lol...

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Tue, 15 May 2007 4:15 am

Cupid^&^Star

Hi, i've added you to my msn. Hope you don't mind!! I'm going to do my nose and mini lipo on face and lips reduction with dr. chuang next month. Have heard you did your surgeries with him too so would like to ask you some questions.. hope you help me out!! By the way, hope to see you in MSN!! my email starts with R. so do accept me ya! :D

Bathtub

Post by Bathtub » Tue, 15 May 2007 10:05 am

tanjhj wrote:
takuda wrote:
kalyn wrote:Hi people, i need some opinions here.. for those did or gonna do your surgery with Dr Chuang from Taiwan, when he quoted the price, is it possible to "ask for discount" ? As he quoted me a package price, but i was thinking if its still possible to ask for discount to fit my budget better... will really appreaciate any kind replies on this... THANKS ALOT!!
i think if u do more procedures with him eg eyes and nose you MAY get a little discount. how i wished there were student plans like macdonald's. :(
Thanks to him trusting me, Dr chuang mentioned that if the patient mentioned tanjhj recommended them, he will automatically gif further discount on top of the package price. to me it is the best he can go le...
Hi all

Talking about package deal, is there such thing in SG too? Coz i'll be going down to place a deposit for a surgery later today, but the doc didn't give me a package price. Is it possible to bargain too? I know it's kinda silly question but i've a feeling im overcharged and alot hidden cost were unknown to me until I ask :?

missresplendence

Post by missresplendence » Tue, 15 May 2007 10:36 am

Hey chickies & guys!

I'm just wondering whether the surgery, epicanthoplasty, makes a big difference to the appearance of the eyes? Apparently it makes you look more caucasion? Is this so?

Jovin, apparently you've had it? What's your opinion?

Thanks

Cheers, :lol:

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: I'm in taipei now!!!

Post by jovinliu » Tue, 15 May 2007 12:57 pm

My eyes.... doing great! Love my new eyes :) Wah you can really sleep leh, from 2pm to 9:30pm! Hee Gia, it's abit too late, but didn't you know you can call the receptionist of Deja Vu to help order packet lunchbox? You don't have to starve for 3 days. Or, it's common for taiwanese to wear mask if they caught a cold, so you could have put on a mask and a hat, and get food.

gia02 wrote:Jovin, i wanted to but Dr. Chuang insisted on waiting for another 6 more months to revise the eyes and he did mention its my nose that is non-oriental more than anything. I had a caucasian look according to him and hence suggested the nose reduction.

As for the hotel, i beg your pardon, thanks for the correction, i know there was plenty of food stalls around but i was concerned about walking around with a swollen nose

I am pleased but still anticipating for a speedy recovery, hows your eyes doing?

xgia

jovinliu wrote:Gia i thought you flew there to do eyelid revision as priority?

gia02 wrote:Hey everyone, im in de ja vu hotel now in Taipei. Just few hours ago, i had my surgery...rhinoplastry revision with Dr.Chuang.
Let me share my experience in this pain...

I must conclude that i am extrememly pleased and happy that i finally went throught this on my own!

Dr. Chuang and his team are the most friendly, patient, helpful medical professionals i have ever seen!
The funny part is i kept myself amused and had a good time with all that tension for an operation...i assume they think im funny!

Pretty interesting part is that i slept from 1pm all the way till 9-plus...they had to tell me to wake up!!!

I didnt notice it was night time until i went downstairs!--Anyway, hoping well for the recovery...back in sg on sat am.

-Now YOONIYAH...

where is this place that does eyelash/eyebrows implants?-Please let me knowxxx

Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Tue, 15 May 2007 1:19 pm

Hey you did epicanto too? :) Wah keep bleeding up to the 5th day? Strange. Mine dried up on the 2nd day. But anyway, what matters most is the end result, so don't worry too much! Anyway, my left eye also swell more than the right side, so really it's normal. As for the laser mole removal, unless your mole is really big, if not, leave it. I did the removal on my back and arm, until now the mark is still there. Heng i didn't do on my face.

/Jovin
LAGirl wrote:Hey People –
I am in Taiwan right now and 7 days post op from getting my eyes and nose done by Wishclinic. The swelling was A LOT more than I expected and I’m still pretty swollen (left eyelid is bigger than the right and the nose looks like it slants to the left side). For some reason I was having trouble with my left side as the left epincanto stitches kept bleeding up until 5 days post-op. I’m hoping it’s just uneven swelling but I guess I won’t know for sure until the swelling subsides. I finally got my stitches out today so if anyone wants to meet up in Taiwan, send me a pm ;). Also, I was thinking of getting laser mole removal for the little sun spots on my face and was wondering if someone could tell me the average cost for this procedure in Taiwan and a good clinic to go to? Thanks

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Tue, 15 May 2007 1:24 pm

It does makes the eyes looks bigger, but not necessarily more caucasian unless you specifically tell the doctor you want caucasian-looking eyes. Then the doctor will make the double eyelid crease higher and deeper.

Now my BF very scared when i stare at him...... so you know how big my eyes is!!!!! muahahaha....

missresplendence wrote:Hey chickies & guys!

I'm just wondering whether the surgery, epicanthoplasty, makes a big difference to the appearance of the eyes? Apparently it makes you look more caucasion? Is this so?

Thanks

Shiyun
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun » Tue, 15 May 2007 1:40 pm

That's really great to hear you are doing well Jovin,

I'd love to do epicantoplasty, but i ain't sure this is going to suit me. Jovin , if you don't mind , may i ask how much does Dr. chuang charge for epicantoplasty? 8-)

I'm going to BK Clinic in Korea sometime in Nov. I'm there to see Dr. Kim for more complicated procedures for the eye.

Is there anyone who had went to BK and what's your opinion? :)
I love Korea - it's a very beautiful country

LAGirl

Post by LAGirl » Tue, 15 May 2007 2:00 pm

Hey Jovin -
Thanks for writing back to me. What do the scars look like? How big are they? Did Dr. C tell how long it would be to fully recover from the scarring? I heard when you do this - it's like a white patch but I didn't know there was a scar...
also, how much NTD did you have to pay?
Again, thanks for getting back to me ;)

LAGirl

Post by LAGirl » Tue, 15 May 2007 2:34 pm

Jovin -
that's strange... i remember you posting that you removed the flat moles right? (i'm removing flat ones that looks like a small dot)...cuz I was researching online and it looks like when you remove the flat moles with laser it shouldn't lead to any kind of scarring? now that i read what you wrote, i'm kind of scared b/c i don't want any scarring on my face...

Shiyun
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun » Tue, 15 May 2007 5:44 pm

I'd love to visit Dr Chuang's Clinic in Taiwan, but i had already made an appointment with Dr. Kim.

I wonder why is there few responses for Dr. Kim. He is a very skillful surgeon in Korea. Is taiwan Wish clinic producing very pretty results?
I love Korea - it's a very beautiful country

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Tue, 15 May 2007 6:04 pm

Shiyun wrote:I'd love to visit Dr Chuang's Clinic in Taiwan, but i had already made an appointment with Dr. Kim.

I wonder why is there few responses for Dr. Kim. He is a very skillful surgeon in Korea. Is taiwan Wish clinic producing very pretty results?
because going to korea is ex plus surgery fees is much more ex than what dr chuang is charging. if they were of equal price i believe everyone will go to dr kim/jung.
Cry when you get ripped.

gia02
Regular
Regular

Re: I'm in taipei now!!!

Post by gia02 » Tue, 15 May 2007 6:11 pm

jovinliu wrote:My eyes.... doing great! Love my new eyes :) Wah you can really sleep leh, from 2pm to 9:30pm! Hee Gia, it's abit too late, but didn't you know you can call the receptionist of Deja Vu to help order packet lunchbox? You don't have to starve for 3 days. Or, it's common for taiwanese to wear mask if they caught a cold, so you could have put on a mask and a hat, and get food.

gia02 wrote:Jovin, i wanted to but Dr. Chuang insisted on waiting for another 6 more months to revise the eyes and he did mention its my nose that is non-oriental more than anything. I had a caucasian look according to him and hence suggested the nose reduction.

As for the hotel, i beg your pardon, thanks for the correction, i know there was plenty of food stalls around but i was concerned about walking around with a swollen nose

I am pleased but still anticipating for a speedy recovery, hows your eyes doing?

xgia

jovinliu wrote:Gia i thought you flew there to do eyelid revision as priority?

jovin, i know, silly right! And didnt know about the packed lunch thing, sorry guys i may sound spoilt but i was disgusted with the food just for some reason!!!
OMG!!!Today, my boss came back to the office and asked me whats wrong with my nose, as its selling big, oh no!!!!!!!-Im so embarrassed!!! Im every way to reduce the swell...sigh, but i know in the end its so worth it!!!
regards,

gia

gia02
Regular
Regular

Post by gia02 » Tue, 15 May 2007 6:15 pm

jovinliu wrote:It does makes the eyes looks bigger, but not necessarily more caucasian unless you specifically tell the doctor you want caucasian-looking eyes. Then the doctor will make the double eyelid crease higher and deeper.

Now my BF very scared when i stare at him...... so you know how big my eyes is!!!!! muahahaha....

missresplendence wrote:Hey chickies & guys!

Thanks

hahahaha...really? like sadako?im sure ur BF thinks ur pretty babexx
regards,

gia

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Tue, 15 May 2007 6:17 pm

kalyn wrote:Hi, thanks for the replies who and takuda.. actually Dr. Chuang quoted me:

1. open rhinoplasty with Goretex - NT68000 & NT10000 for the general anathesia additionally so total is NT78000. that equals to SGD$3550

2. liposuction of face - NT50000. that equals to SGD$2275

3. lip reduction - NT30000. that equals to SGD$1365

Total is SGD$7190.

But he gave me a package price of NT150000 so its SGD$6828, in the end the discount is only $SGD362.

Can someone tell me if i can ask for further discount?? Or is the price he is giving is already very reasonable? As I'm still a student, my budget is also very tight.

I was thinking to keep them under $6.5K. can someone please advice me.. really desperately need some advices here. Thanks.... :?
u mean 3400 is not inclusive of evrything??? we have to pay additionally for the anesthesia?! omgg i didnt know!!
Cry when you get ripped.