Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
LAGirl

Post by LAGirl » Mon, 14 May 2007 6:12 pm

Hey People –
I am in Taiwan right now and 7 days post op from getting my eyes and nose done by Wishclinic. The swelling was A LOT more than I expected and I’m still pretty swollen (left eyelid is bigger than the right and the nose looks like it slants to the left side). For some reason I was having trouble with my left side as the left epincanto stitches kept bleeding up until 5 days post-op. I’m hoping it’s just uneven swelling but I guess I won’t know for sure until the swelling subsides. I finally got my stitches out today so if anyone wants to meet up in Taiwan, send me a pm ;). Also, I was thinking of getting laser mole removal for the little sun spots on my face and was wondering if someone could tell me the average cost for this procedure in Taiwan and a good clinic to go to? Thanks

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Mon, 14 May 2007 6:29 pm

Hi people, i need some opinions here.. for those did or gonna do your surgery with Dr Chuang from Taiwan, when he quoted the price, is it possible to "ask for discount" ? As he quoted me a package price, but i was thinking if its still possible to ask for discount to fit my budget better... will really appreaciate any kind replies on this... THANKS ALOT!!

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Mon, 14 May 2007 8:44 pm

Gia02,
yea... postop swelling is going to be a long process... 3 months to be exact... must be patient... but you should look normal to other people...

oh.... and the stitches falling out... no big deal.. .I had some fall out on the 3rd day.

I got a nose implant and tip refinement...

kalyn,
the packaged price is already on discount... but I'm sure you can still ask for more discount... although, if he gives you more discount, it can't be much more.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Mon, 14 May 2007 8:59 pm

kalyn wrote:Hi people, i need some opinions here.. for those did or gonna do your surgery with Dr Chuang from Taiwan, when he quoted the price, is it possible to "ask for discount" ? As he quoted me a package price, but i was thinking if its still possible to ask for discount to fit my budget better... will really appreaciate any kind replies on this... THANKS ALOT!!
i think if u do more procedures with him eg eyes and nose you MAY get a little discount. how i wished there were student plans like macdonald's. :(
Cry when you get ripped.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Mon, 14 May 2007 9:07 pm

btw just a thought for those intending to go to TW for ps, have u all calculated the estimated total cost and budget and stuff? i was thinking..

surgery - $3400 (goretex implant)

accommodation - $100 x 6 = $600 (lets say u stay there for a week and leave on the 7th day for dejavu hotel)

AIR TICS - $700 (?) and that is if u get jetstar all that. it MAY be more!

food - around $250 for 7 days (excluding shopping?)

Did i miss out anything? for the above total cost is around $5000. and that excludes transport if u need to take a cab down. Damn ex leh, like can go korea do like that. Do tell me if i missed out anything, so we can calculate the total cost together. :D
Cry when you get ripped.

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Mon, 14 May 2007 10:27 pm

Does anyone know how long one must sleep on their back after getting a silicone implant for their nose?

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 14 May 2007 11:52 pm

The words in Blue. For Info and better accurate picture of the px of living expenses there only.
takuda wrote:btw just a thought for those intending to go to TW for ps, have u all calculated the estimated total cost and budget and stuff? i was thinking..

surgery - $3400 (goretex implant) Abt there for open incision Korean Surgey

accommodation - $100 x 6 = $600 (lets say u stay there for a week and leave on the 7th day for dejavu hotel) Abt $80 per nite if u book 1 week there. try booking at hotel for better rates, i read that internet rate is of higher side. if not doing with dr chuang can try other hotel near main station at $50-70, i think i posted the hotels link b4

AIR TICS - $700 (?) and that is if u get jetstar all that. it MAY be more! I got at abt $400 Jet star. just need to book 3 months in adv for promo price. jetstar mostly have promo for air tix three months in adv.. Eva Air at $400-500+
food - around $250 for 7 days (excluding shopping?) $30 per day is living in luxury man. I know i will spend around 10-20 only from those forumers who did their PS there. Bkfast is free.

Did i miss out anything? for the above total cost is around $5000. and that excludes transport if u need to take a cab down. Damn ex leh, like can go korea do like that. Do tell me if i missed out anything, so we can calculate the total cost together. :D
Cab is around Spore price if not wrong, as posted by forumer before. But than need to take cab everytime to Clinic? i thought deja vu is nearby only.. also if do at other PS, i am sure got hotels walking distance. walking abit with mask on is good for healing too. lolz :D

Based on what other forumer told me, this is the rough estimate of cost of staying at TW @ DejaVU for 10 days..

Hotels $800 for 10 days.. get the twins room so can share with another forum and reduce the cost by half
AirTix Average $500
Makan $200 for decent 3 meals for 10 days.
Misc. include Cab $100
Last edited by tanjhj on Wed, 16 May 2007 1:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Looking for surgery pals to go Korea

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 14 May 2007 11:54 pm

jovin,

now your eyes how much bigger than before?
Last edited by tanjhj on Wed, 16 May 2007 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Looking for surgery pals to go Korea

Post by tanjhj » Mon, 14 May 2007 11:55 pm

Shiyun wrote:Hi, I'm looking for surgery buddy to go Korea at Dr. Kim's clinic.

Dr Kim had replied my emails and gave me a quotation on my procedure.

I'm going there this Nov, and he will be performing surgery on my eye lids.

I heard that Dr. Kim is granting a free 6 days stay at his hospital post surgery. So this will help us save much on our stay in Korea. I had already researched how to arrive at BK CLINIC departing from Incheon Internation Airport.

Is there anyone keen to go BK clinic and has their procedures done wiith Dr. Kim? Please contact me at [email protected].

P.S Korea is a foreign land so i'm seeking companion from this forum. So anyone from Singapore who wants to go BK CLinic, please allow me to tag along with ya!
if the free stay is true, than it is quite a tempting option.. good price than for 6 days stay free.. but so far none of the forumers who did there has mentioned free stay. all stay in hotel after surgery. thus maybe u can confirm on this for other forumers benefit
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 15 May 2007 12:00 am

who wrote:Does anyone know how long one must sleep on their back after getting a silicone implant for their nose?
on the safe side is two weeks
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 15 May 2007 12:02 am

LAGirl wrote:Hey People –
I am in Taiwan right now and 7 days post op from getting my eyes and nose done by Wishclinic. The swelling was A LOT more than I expected and I’m still pretty swollen (left eyelid is bigger than the right and the nose looks like it slants to the left side). For some reason I was having trouble with my left side as the left epincanto stitches kept bleeding up until 5 days post-op. I’m hoping it’s just uneven swelling but I guess I won’t know for sure until the swelling subsides. I finally got my stitches out today so if anyone wants to meet up in Taiwan, send me a pm ;). Also, I was thinking of getting laser mole removal for the little sun spots on my face and was wondering if someone could tell me the average cost for this procedure in Taiwan and a good clinic to go to? Thanks
i can see your trauma, did u take sineech or some anti-inflamation medication. etc? Usually bleeding for Nose and eyes surgery will stop after 2 days. hope u are doing well now there... Cheers the sun will shine again brightly for u.
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 15 May 2007 12:04 am

kalyn wrote:Hi people, i need some opinions here.. for those did or gonna do your surgery with Dr Chuang from Taiwan, when he quoted the price, is it possible to "ask for discount" ? As he quoted me a package price, but i was thinking if its still possible to ask for discount to fit my budget better... will really appreaciate any kind replies on this... THANKS ALOT!!
if u have mentioned that tanjhj recommended u, u should recv'd the best price. if u have. than most likely it is the best price le.
Golden Rules of PS:

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tanjhj » Tue, 15 May 2007 12:06 am

takuda wrote:
i think if u do more procedures with him eg eyes and nose you MAY get a little discount. how i wished there were student plans like macdonald's. :(
Thanks to him trusting me, Dr chuang mentioned that if the patient mentioned tanjhj recommended them, he will automatically gif further discount on top of the package price. to me it is the best he can go le...
Golden Rules of PS:

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Post by kalyn » Tue, 15 May 2007 12:15 am

Hi, thanks for the replies who and takuda.. actually Dr. Chuang quoted me:

1. open rhinoplasty with Goretex - NT68000 & NT10000 for the general anathesia additionally so total is NT78000. that equals to SGD$3550

2. liposuction of face - NT50000. that equals to SGD$2275

3. lip reduction - NT30000. that equals to SGD$1365

Total is SGD$7190.

But he gave me a package price of NT150000 so its SGD$6828, in the end the discount is only $SGD362.

Can someone tell me if i can ask for further discount?? Or is the price he is giving is already very reasonable? As I'm still a student, my budget is also very tight.

I was thinking to keep them under $6.5K. can someone please advice me.. really desperately need some advices here. Thanks.... :?

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Re: Rhinoplasty in Taiwan

Post by kalyn » Tue, 15 May 2007 2:08 am

WHitE wrote:Hi all,

Anyone thinking of going Taiwan for a nose job?
Probably this coming June? 24 and female. Looking for a female companion. On and off, I have been following this forum.
I don't exactly have an idea on how i want my ideal nose to look, probably be consulting the surgeon on what suits my face shape the most. Maybe a higher bridge and a slightly smaller nose base, but definitely a natural looking one.
Was thinking of Dr. Chuang from Wishclinic, any other suggestions? Surgeons that do nice and delicate ladies' noses? :wink:

Hi white, i happened to see your post while reading thru. i'm planning to go do my surgery with Dr. Chuang this coming june. shld be around 6-16... how about you?