Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
keropijennifer

Re: slideshow

Post by keropijennifer » Mon, 14 May 2007 12:53 am

gia02 wrote:Hey imjase,

was browsing thru n watched the slide, u look great.. Good on ya!!!!

i cant wait to see my new nose...my nose was very caucasian, i wanted to look oriental...lets see where this takes me...

Gia02xoxo
Hey gia02! So wat did u do to make ur nose look more oriental? bone shaving? I hear bone shaving is realy painful so even tho I've a large nasal bone I decided I wont get osteotomy. Did u have open or closed method?

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Mon, 14 May 2007 2:24 am

GIA02,,

I'm from the US... so sorry...
to minimize... take sinnech, and use the cold and hot compress.
2. The doc should have taken that off on the third day after surgery. (counting surgery day)
Stitches are removed on day 7
3. no spicy... no foods rich in vitamin e like nuts, no shell fish... for quite some time... definitely put sunscreen on your nose. sleep on your back.
4. 50% will have subsided (at least for me, that was the case according to the doc... but every person is different... but most people will look normal to others at this point)
hope that helps

gia02
Regular
Regular

Post by gia02 » Mon, 14 May 2007 2:25 am

takuda wrote:hey there gia how much did u spend on accomodation?

I paid NT 973/night at the deja vu hotel. Which is also called 'Qiao he'. The hotel is crap, no room service and i had a hard time with the air conditioner, it was like winter in alaska even when its turned off!!!!
regards,

gia

gia02
Regular
Regular

reflections

Post by gia02 » Mon, 14 May 2007 2:45 am

[/quote]

Hey gia02! So wat did u do to make ur nose look more oriental? bone shaving? I hear bone shaving is realy painful so even tho I've a large nasal bone I decided I wont get osteotomy. Did u have open or closed method?[/quote]

Hey there, i did no bone shaving, i do have quite a high profile n i like it..though i dont like the length n tip therefore Dr. Chuang revised e tip more defined n reduced my alar...slight change as he said i dont need much revision.

Now, may i just share some stuff with all the forumers in this page about something that many dont know.....
Im half asian n my othe half is middle eastern...although i do know i am beautiful but i have been living with the insecurity n identity crisis of being part chinese.
Seriously, i have suffered alot of taunting n trauma of an identity crisis(esp in the chinese society n my family!) n this resulted in a huge decision making to be wanting to be accepted into my 'society'.....

After some thought and going through an emotional procedure, i realised i have overcomed my fear n identity ackowledgement.
To some critics who just regard that ppl who goes through PS are generally narcissists, you guys are damn wrong. Its so subjective.

There are plenty of people like me, suffering from such a high level of identity complexity that society has condemmed.

xxgia
regards,

gia

gia02
Regular
Regular

help

Post by gia02 » Mon, 14 May 2007 2:56 am

who wrote:GIA02,,

I'm from the US... so sorry...
to minimize... take sinnech, and use the cold and hot compress.
2. The doc should have taken that off on the third day after surgery. (counting surgery day)
Stitches are removed on day 7
3. no spicy... no foods rich in vitamin e like nuts, no shell fish... for quite some time... definitely put sunscreen on your nose. sleep on your back.
4. 50% will have subsided (at least for me, that was the case according to the doc... but every person is different... but most people will look normal to others at this point)
hope that helps

Hey WHO,

Appreciate the advice, thank you so much. Good to know your from the US.
...Lol you have to hear this, i was so paranoid of my nose but i could not take it anymore in the damn boring hotel starving for 3 days so i came back yesterday!-Spent another 400 bucks on a flight bk!
Was scheduled to leave from Taipei back to Sin this am actually!!!! just could not wait if u know what i mean.

So i was walking around the airport with my bandaid on my nose n of course received many funny stares n sneering but i cant be f***ed.
What a dork, its still on my nose eeew.
xxgia
regards,

gia

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Mon, 14 May 2007 4:34 am

gia02... serious? wow...
I can't believe you flew back...

Yea... when they take off the bandage... the doc just checks if it is straight or not... so you could probably just take it off yourself.
umm... but, I'm assuming that you're going to go back for the stitches, or no?

If you are going back to Taiwan, I can email a girl who is still there for surgery and see if she would be interested in meeting up with you.... that way you won't be too lonely.

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: I'm in taipei now!!!

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 14 May 2007 9:48 am

Gia i thought you flew there to do eyelid revision as priority?

gia02 wrote:Hey everyone, im in de ja vu hotel now in Taipei. Just few hours ago, i had my surgery...rhinoplastry revision with Dr.Chuang.
Let me share my experience in this pain...

I must conclude that i am extrememly pleased and happy that i finally went throught this on my own!

Dr. Chuang and his team are the most friendly, patient, helpful medical professionals i have ever seen!
The funny part is i kept myself amused and had a good time with all that tension for an operation...i assume they think im funny!

Pretty interesting part is that i slept from 1pm all the way till 9-plus...they had to tell me to wake up!!!

I didnt notice it was night time until i went downstairs!--Anyway, hoping well for the recovery...back in sg on sat am.

-Now YOONIYAH...

where is this place that does eyelash/eyebrows implants?-Please let me knowxxx

Yoonyiah wrote:i'm in south korea right now going on consultations for nose jobs...
ack, this is soooo nerve wracking and overwhelming aaaah!! Especially since I'm getting random input from my parents from abroad, and one disapproving father right here in Korea.

I've heard alot of rave reviews as well as complaints for different surgeons and I don't know WHO to believe!!! ACK!

So far I've been to three doctors, 2 worth mentioning.
First I went to Dr. Jung (Shimmian Rhinoplasty), then I went to the infamous Dr. Kim @ BK clinic.

Dr. Kim was rude and impatient, Dr. Jung was kind, gentle, the sweetest doctor. I can tell that he'd be very caring. Dr. Jung seems to be a good doctor with alot of experience, but he's not a certified plastic surgeon.
Dr. Kim, I heard is good, he's done alot of actresses work, but I also heard one horror story about him on another forum i think, and that makes me have reservations.

Anyone else here about these doctors?? Please give input this is all so overwhelming aahh!

I'm going to be spending alooot of money the next month or so. I'm also getting eyelash / eyebrow implants done in korea.
My girlfriend got hers done and went from having zero lashes/brows and it looks amazing! I'm excited!

does anyone have info about Dr. Jung or Dr.kim bk clinic??
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

Bathtub

Post by Bathtub » Mon, 14 May 2007 9:57 am

Morning!

Anyone here had surgery with Dr Wu before? I have some doubt & would like to hear your comments.

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Gorotex or Silicone

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 14 May 2007 10:08 am

I did ask this question (whether i need to re-do my nose after 10 or 20 years) to both Dr Chuang and Dr Hsu. And their answers are the same: No. If there is no infection and nothing's wrong with the implant in your nose, you do not have to re-do it. It's not like it has an expiry date, where 10 or 15 years down the road you have to undergo the knife and change another implant.

aadvark wrote:I think using gorotex or silicone is a valid issue for concern.
As the forumers have been discussing, implants dun last forever.

I assume most of us are in our 20s and 30s, so we definitely will be doing a revision at least once somewhere down the road. Ease of removal will definitely have to be considered, you dun want to botch the revision when you're in ur 50s and look like Michael Jackson the rest of your life...

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: reply

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 14 May 2007 10:25 am

I think you meant to say NTD$1973/night right? You missed the 1 infront :P Hey Deja Vu hotel is consider heaven, if i am to compare it with that sucky New Moon hotel i stayed in previously! I don't think Deja Vu is that bad, yes no room service but the food lane is just 2mins walk. There's a nice japanese udon shop which is just 20seconds walk from the main entrance.

gia02 wrote:
takuda wrote:hey there gia how much did u spend on accomodation?

I paid NT 973/night at the deja vu hotel. Which is also called 'Qiao he'. The hotel is crap, no room service and i had a hard time with the air conditioner, it was like winter in alaska even when its turned off!!!!

Shiyun
Regular
Regular

Looking for surgery pals to go Korea

Post by Shiyun » Mon, 14 May 2007 2:50 pm

Hi, I'm looking for surgery buddy to go Korea at Dr. Kim's clinic.

Dr Kim had replied my emails and gave me a quotation on my procedure.

I'm going there this Nov, and he will be performing surgery on my eye lids.

I heard that Dr. Kim is granting a free 6 days stay at his hospital post surgery. So this will help us save much on our stay in Korea. I had already researched how to arrive at BK CLINIC departing from Incheon Internation Airport.

Is there anyone keen to go BK clinic and has their procedures done wiith Dr. Kim? Please contact me at [email protected].

P.S Korea is a foreign land so i'm seeking companion from this forum. So anyone from Singapore who wants to go BK CLinic, please allow me to tag along with ya!

gia02
Regular
Regular

Post by gia02 » Mon, 14 May 2007 2:52 pm

who wrote:gia02... serious? wow...
I can't believe you flew back...

Yea... when they take off the bandage... the doc just checks if it is straight or not... so you could probably just take it off yourself.
umm... but, I'm assuming that you're going to go back for the stitches, or no?

If you are going back to Taiwan, I can email a girl who is still there for surgery and see if she would be interested in meeting up with you.... that way you won't be too lonely.
Thanks babe i just took it out today and its still swelling, i spoke with Dr. Chuang just now, he is one funny doctor...hahaha...i couldnt stop laughing when he joked about me sleeping forever and flew back without seeing him but said its ok if i go to a Dr in singapore to remove my stitiches.

Thank u for your concern, hw is your post op doing? what did u do...
regards,

gia

gia02
Regular
Regular

Re: I'm in taipei now!!!

Post by gia02 » Mon, 14 May 2007 2:58 pm

Jovin, i wanted to but Dr. Chuang insisted on waiting for another 6 more months to revise the eyes and he did mention its my nose that is non-oriental more than anything. I had a caucasian look according to him and hence suggested the nose reduction.

As for the hotel, i beg your pardon, thanks for the correction, i know there was plenty of food stalls around but i was concerned about walking around with a swollen nose

I am pleased but still anticipating for a speedy recovery, hows your eyes doing?

xgia

jovinliu wrote:Gia i thought you flew there to do eyelid revision as priority?

gia02 wrote:Hey everyone, im in de ja vu hotel now in Taipei. Just few hours ago, i had my surgery...rhinoplastry revision with Dr.Chuang.
Let me share my experience in this pain...

I must conclude that i am extrememly pleased and happy that i finally went throught this on my own!

Dr. Chuang and his team are the most friendly, patient, helpful medical professionals i have ever seen!
The funny part is i kept myself amused and had a good time with all that tension for an operation...i assume they think im funny!

Pretty interesting part is that i slept from 1pm all the way till 9-plus...they had to tell me to wake up!!!

I didnt notice it was night time until i went downstairs!--Anyway, hoping well for the recovery...back in sg on sat am.

-Now YOONIYAH...

where is this place that does eyelash/eyebrows implants?-Please let me knowxxx

Yoonyiah wrote:i'm in south korea right now going on consultations for nose jobs...
ack, this is soooo nerve wracking and overwhelming aaaah!! Especially since I'm getting random input from my parents from abroad, and one disapproving father right here in Korea.

I've heard alot of rave reviews as well as complaints for different surgeons and I don't know WHO to believe!!! ACK!

So far I've been to three doctors, 2 worth mentioning.
First I went to Dr. Jung (Shimmian Rhinoplasty), then I went to the infamous Dr. Kim @ BK clinic.

Dr. Kim was rude and impatient, Dr. Jung was kind, gentle, the sweetest doctor. I can tell that he'd be very caring. Dr. Jung seems to be a good doctor with alot of experience, but he's not a certified plastic surgeon.
Dr. Kim, I heard is good, he's done alot of actresses work, but I also heard one horror story about him on another forum i think, and that makes me have reservations.

Anyone else here about these doctors?? Please give input this is all so overwhelming aahh!

I'm going to be spending alooot of money the next month or so. I'm also getting eyelash / eyebrow implants done in korea.
My girlfriend got hers done and went from having zero lashes/brows and it looks amazing! I'm excited!

does anyone have info about Dr. Jung or Dr.kim bk clinic??
regards,

gia

gia02
Regular
Regular

another advise

Post by gia02 » Mon, 14 May 2007 3:01 pm

Another thing, i noticed there is one or 2 stitches dropping, is this normal cause my stitches are meant to be exercised after a week!

xgia
regards,

gia

Shiyun
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun » Mon, 14 May 2007 5:48 pm

Hi All!

I'm looking for companions to go to Korea for enhancement or surgery.
Surgery buddy to go Korea at Dr. Kim's clinic.

I'm going to BK Ckinic sometime in Oct or Nov.

Dr Kim had replied my emails and gave me a quotation on my procedure.

I'm going there this Nov, and he will be performing surgery on my eye lids.

I heard that Dr. Kim is granting a free 6 days stay at his hospital post surgery. So this will help us save much on our stay in Korea. I had already researched how to arrive at BK CLINIC departing from Incheon Internation Airport.

P.S Korea is a foreign land so i'm seeking companion from this forum. So anyone from Singapore who wants to go BK CLinic, Please contact me at [email protected].

Dr. Kim is a very famous surgeon in Korea and he had made several stars, I'm very keen to get enhancements done by him. Is there any korean/chinese that in this forum who are based in Singapore and wanted to go Korea for enhancement, I wonder if we can go together?
I love Korea - it's a very beautiful country