Singapore Expats

Tiger Airways Cabin Crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Fri, 11 May 2007 6:47 pm

DinG DonG BeLL wrote:
rev12000 wrote:
DinG DonG BeLL wrote:ya. flyin is fun. but e 8K is not a joke. 3yrs is not realli short too. i tot of givin a try but .. hmm........

cant pay by installment for e upfront too. :cry:
Hi, im new here. My sis introduced me to this site and it has given me alot of answers to my doubts. Thank-You.
A fren of mine actually got in for the last batch of TIGER recruitment through SAAS atlantic. She mentioned the 8k is a must before you sign the contract but the money will still be kept by you. SAAS just need the bank to confirm some documnets that you do have the 8k. Should you be terminated while servicing the contract it would be a 14k penalty. Thus, you'll have to complete the 3 years diploma and flying to avoid any breaching of contract.
It's a great chance to fly but the money is an issue for me. It's a pretty heavy commitment. CHEERIOS!! :oops:
oh my.... breakin of contract not 12K? but linda said its 12K. :? oh.. tat means e 8K will be in our bank & we juz need to hv bank doc to prove tat we hv 8K? haha... IF tat's e case, i can go try ya. i hv. :P
but can we touch e 8K in our bank? wahaha...
and.... btw, can we stop flyin wif them within 3yrs but we still continue studyin? haha..
hmm .. My friend started her training already. I heard from her that the 8k is being frozen in the account, only thing is to draw some interest from the bank.
The diploma and flying programe is as a package, so you can't drop-out from either of them. But her concern was being terminated by TIGER/SAAS and lose her 14k. SAAS reassured her that being terminated is near impossible, unless you do something really stupid.
STILL i believe it's a one sided affair, if TIGER/SAAS wants to terminate you .. there's nothing that can state just how "stupid" is the reason.
It's just my 2cents worth of view, no flamming. Thanks and CHEERIOS!! :lol:

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Fri, 11 May 2007 9:07 pm

Oh man I don't have 8k in my account.There goes my chances I guess...geez...

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Fri, 11 May 2007 11:28 pm

omg... tat means IF they wan e 14K, they "anyhow" say u did sometht "stupid" den tat's it. god bless....
thks for ur sharin. :)

desi: dun be sad.. there's other airline yo. keep tryin. :wink:
Can i fly higher than a bird?

elusive

Post by elusive » Sat, 12 May 2007 12:58 pm

so, may i know if the 8 k thingy really exist? or is it just a rumour? i wanna try for budget airline, but dun really know how. you guys really enlighten me.. thanks..

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Sat, 12 May 2007 3:53 pm

elusive wrote:so, may i know if the 8 k thingy really exist? or is it just a rumour? i wanna try for budget airline, but dun really know how. you guys really enlighten me.. thanks..
If i'm not wrong, the 8k exist because you took up the Diploma studies with SAAS and flying as a package.
Perhaps you could refer to afew pages back in this threat that if you take up with TIGER as a cabin crew without the studies, the deposit or the penalty would be different. :wink: I saw an article on last saturday paper that TIGER is recruiting cabin crew but has to apply online. ALL the BEST, ya!! CHEERIOS!! :lol:

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Sat, 12 May 2007 9:37 pm

yup. 8K to those who tk their dip course. for non-dip intake will be 5K. :)

angelleo

Post by angelleo » Sun, 13 May 2007 8:12 pm

DinG DonG BeLL wrote:yup. 8K to those who tk their dip course. for non-dip intake will be 5K. :)
How long is the bond?
They told me come down for monday interview..
But if it is three years, i wanna drop out..

soscary
regards,
Angel

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Sun, 13 May 2007 9:18 pm

angelleo wrote:
DinG DonG BeLL wrote:yup. 8K to those who tk their dip course. for non-dip intake will be 5K. :)
How long is the bond?
They told me come down for monday interview..
But if it is three years, i wanna drop out..

soscary
3yrs.. Andrew said its 3yrs bond. :)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 13 May 2007 10:18 pm

rev12000 wrote: SAAS reassured her that being terminated is near impossible, unless you do something really stupid.
About the only reason for being terminated would be gross misconduct or medical impairment meaning an employee could not perform their usual duties. Training is very expensive so most likely they would prefer to keep the staff they have. By the way I like your photograph. :)

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DinG DonG BeLL » Mon, 14 May 2007 4:51 pm

how many got in for 2nd round intv? haha...

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Mon, 14 May 2007 5:08 pm

About the only reason for being terminated would be gross misconduct or medical impairment meaning an employee could not perform their usual duties. Training is very expensive so most likely they would prefer to keep the staff they have.

oh okay, .. :lol:
Just indulge in flying all ya .. CHEERIOS!!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 14 May 2007 6:58 pm

Rev 12000 are you by any chance becoming a;

:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Mon, 14 May 2007 11:26 pm

Plavt wrote:Rev 12000 are you by any chance becoming a;

:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Parrot, u meant? :lol: In what sense?
For the bad, i didn't meant it .. really. [apologies] For other reasons, .. parrots are cute besides the irritating part of mimicking others.
:lol:
Just give me wings for a day, i want to feel the clouds and see those other colurs. :shock: GOSH!! I'm going crasy, can't wait for the coming JAL interview. :shock: CHEERIOS!!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 14 May 2007 11:50 pm

rev12000 wrote: For the bad, i didn't meant it .. really. [apologies] For other reasons, .. parrots are cute besides the irritating part of mimicking others.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't worry just me teasing, I think you meant to quote my post (hint use the quote button :P ). Bye the way parrots are intelligent creatures.

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Tue, 15 May 2007 12:40 am

Plavt wrote:
rev12000 wrote: For the bad, i didn't meant it .. really. [apologies] For other reasons, .. parrots are cute besides the irritating part of mimicking others.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't worry just me teasing, I think you meant to quote my post (hint use the quote button :P ). Bye the way parrots are intelligent creatures.
:oops: thank-you, .. still fresh to the forum. Edited the quoted post and the frame disappeared. :lol:
You've forsaken your life after you've quit trying, it's never about an effortless success.
:lol: :D :D hehehe :D :D :lol: CHEERIOS!!